A solid and healthy body is a guarantee of a happy and quality life. It is well known that the liver is one of the most important organs in the body, which affects all organs and systems. The liver is responsible for processing the blood and for releasing toxins from the body.
Therefore, it is very important to take care of the liver. In case of stopping its functions, nothing in your body will function properly. Usually, we are not aware of what we are consuming and its harmful effects on our health until it is too late.
Stress, unhealthy eating habits, lack of physical activities, alcohol abuse, smoking, and other forms of addiction can lead to serious health problems which can be hard to treat or even impossible.
The liver is a very important organ, and its main purpose is to clean all toxins from the body, including drugs and alcohol. It also produces bile for digestion, controls blood sugar levels, breaks down fats, etc.
Like any other organ, the liver may get afflicted with various diseases because it’s constantly exposed to various toxic substances that enter our body.
There are many causes of liver disorders and they include excessive drinking, obesity, intake of pills or drugs, and a diet rich in fat.
The liver can restore itself over time as long as you take proper care of it. This can be done by taking natural supplements and foods that will help your liver to cleanse itself.
If you are looking for a natural remedy to clean your arteries and liver, then you should try this fantastic detox recipe with garlic, ginger, lemon, and honey.
Garlic is great for the heart and helps decrease the bad cholesterol while increasing the good one. Ginger can help treat atherosclerosis. Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory properties. Honey contains antioxidants and antibacterial properties.
These ingredients are very beneficial for the body and have antioxidant properties. They regulate high blood pressure, prevent the formation of tumors, improve digestion, and stimulate metabolism.
This natural remedy with garlic, lemon, ginger, and honey, which plays a role in detoxifying the body, is a traditional recipe used for centuries to treat many conditions.
The ingredients have detoxifying and digestive properties that stimulate the elimination of waste and improve the functions of the liver and colon.
The combination and daily intake of these 4 ingredients will destroy the blockages in the arteries and help you eliminate fat until it reaches the bloodstream. It is a beverage that is made from garlic, lemon, ginger, and honey.
The benefits of this liver detox recipe:
• Treatment and prevention of clogged arteries
• Treatment of atherosclerosis
• Adjusts the arterial fat
• Prevention and treatment of infections and colds
• Intense strengthening of the immune system
• Liver cleansing and improvement of liver enzymes, preventing free radicals in the body, leading to more serious diseases
• The mixture normalizes the intestinal flora
I know that the smell of garlic is a problem for many people, but in this recipe, its smell will not be felt.
Let’s see the benefits of each ingredient in this natural detoxifying remedy.
Garlic is one of the best foods for liver detoxification. It has been shown to stimulate the liver in flushing out toxins and has been used for centuries as a natural treatment for parasites. The organosulfur compounds found in garlic have also been shown to aid in phase 2 liver detoxification.
What this means is that the sulfur-containing compounds found in garlic can help to bind up heavy metals like mercury and lead, as well as some pesticides.
Garlic has shown to be effective against liver diseases such as toxic hepatitis and fatty infiltration. An experiment was carried out at the Institute of Gastroenterology Research, University of Heidelberg, Germany on rats with liver damage.
The rats were given allyl methyl trisulfide (AMTSF), a compound found in garlic. The results showed significant protection against liver damage caused by alcohol and carbon tetrachloride (CCl4). These findings supported similar results from animal studies in Japan and the USA.
• Garlic contains an active substance called allicin that lowers cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart disease.
• Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties and is a good diuretic, thus stimulating the elimination of excess fluids from inflamed tissues.
• It is considered a natural anorexigenic because it prolongs the feeling of satiety and cuts the appetite.
• The high antioxidant content of garlic prevents cell damage and other problems related to premature aging.
• Treatment of fungi – fresh garlic juice inhibits fungal development, being used for a long time as a typical treatment for skin and fungal infections of the skin.
Lemon consumption supplements the benefits of garlic.
Did you know that lemons are one of the most powerful natural cleansing foods for the liver? Here’s what you need to know:
Lemons have a long history as a popular home remedy for a variety of health issues, including liver detox.
The liver is your main detox organ and it acts as a filter, removing toxins from your body 24/7.
To function at its best, it needs to be adequately hydrated and nourished.
Lemons help with both of these things! Not only do they provide hydration, but they also encourage the production and flow of bile which is essential for digestion and nutrient absorption.
Lemon is the richest natural source of vitamin C (ascorbic acid), a vitamin that has been proved to be beneficial in liver detox. Vitamin C protects the liver from toxins, as it acts as an antioxidant and also helps to regenerate other antioxidants such as vitamin E.
• Lemon is a citrus fruit with detoxifying and digestive properties, used since ancient times to clean blood and reduce cholesterol levels.
• Flavonoids, antioxidant substances in the composition of the lemon, help to digest the fats and prevent their accumulation in the abdominal area or the blood.
• The citric acid in lemon juice helps dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
• Vitamin C in the lemon helps to neutralize free radicals and prevents aging and some of the worst forms of chronic diseases.
• The whole lemon, consumed as such, is an excellent natural medicine for destroying intestinal worms.
• Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds, including limonene, an oil that slows or stops the growth of cancerous tumors and stops cell division in cancer cells.
• Lemons contain more potassium than apples, potassium being fundamentally necessary for the proper functioning of the heart.
Ginger is food with special properties and benefits on the health of the body, attested by specialized studies.
From sustaining immunity in the fight with several numbers of bacteria to intensifying metabolism, ginger is a reliable help in several conditions that many of us have encountered so far.
Ginger is one of the most popular spices and is best known for its medicinal value. It has been used in Chinese medicine for over 4,000 years. In Ayurveda, it is considered a ‘cure-all’. The list of health benefits is enormous.
One of ginger’s most powerful health benefits may be its ability to help detoxify the liver.
Let’s see some benefits of ginger:
• Stimulates digestive function – ginger prevents the appearance of digestive discomfort, bloating or indigestion, by stimulating enzymes with an efficient role in nutrient absorption. At the same time, its anti-inflammatory properties relax the stomach muscles and allow the digestive system to process food
• Antioxidant and energizing – ginger is also known for its antioxidant properties: it supports the cognitive function in the aging process and even contributes to the improvement of memory and reaction time. At the same time, it has an energizing effect on the body, a cup of ginger tea being a very tasty and healthy option
• Cold and Flu Remedy – In addition to reducing flu and colds, ginger also helps the immune system, supporting the body to fight against pathogens (viruses or bacteria).
• Ginger is of great help in respiratory problems, acting as a natural expectorant.
• It is a vasodilator and can help lower blood pressure, thus facilitating blood circulation in the body and preventing the formation of blood clots.
• Helps reduce inflammation – may be recommended as an anti-inflammatory, is indicated when you experience muscle fever, joint pain, dislocation, or sprain. In these situations, it is recommended to use ginger compresses.
Natural honey should not be missing from the table and daily menu. It has a lot of properties for health and is a natural product.
To benefit from all the qualities and properties of honey, it is best to buy it from secure sources. In general, in stores, you have a good chance of buying counterfeit honey.
Honey can be used for little-known but powerful liver detoxification. According to Ayurvedic medicine, honey is considered to be an excellent natural remedy for liver detoxification as it improves liver function and helps stimulate the production of bile.
But it is not only the liver that benefits from honey! When honey is mixed with other natural ingredients it can also assist several other organs in their detoxifying work.
Honey and lemon juice mixture, for example, are great for kidney cleansing as lemon juice helps stimulate the production of citrate in the kidneys, which helps block the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the urinary tract.
• Healthy sweetener – can be used as a substitute for sugar in many foods and beverages. It contains about 69% glucose and fructose, allowing it to be used as a much healthier sweetener than normal sugar.
• Improves energy – honey contains about 64 calories per spoon. Therefore, it is used by many people as a source of energy. One tablespoon of sugar will give you about 15 calories
• Rich in vitamins and minerals – contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, calcium, and iron. The type of vitamins and minerals and their amount depends on the type of flowers used for beekeeping.
• Antiseptic properties – it has antibacterial and antifungal properties, so it is often used as a natural antiseptic in traditional medicines
• Antioxidant properties
• Has antimicrobial properties.
Here’s how to prepare this natural remedy, which brings so many benefits to your body:
• 20 cloves of garlic
• 4 lemons with peel
• 1 ginger root
• 4 teaspoons of honey
• 2 liters of water
Method of preparation
1. Wash the lemons well under running water, then leave them in a bowl with hot water for 5 minutes
2. Add a teaspoon of baking soda in the water to clean the peel of pesticides
3. Rinse again under running water and cut into small slices
4. Peel the garlic and the ginger
5. The ginger is grated on the grater, the garlic is cut into small pieces (I only cut it in 2)
6. Put them in the blender, along with the garlic and ginger. Mix them until you get a homogeneous paste (or you can squeeze them manually and pour them into the pot with water, without blending them)
7. Then pour it into a pot, pour the two liters of water and bring to a boil.
8. Once it starts to boil, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
9. The liquid obtained is strained and placed in glass jars in the fridge
10. Leave to macerate for 3 days, and shake the jars once, twice / day for mixing.
11. Drink this beverage every day, a glass of 150 ml at least 2 hours before meals or on an empty stomach.
The combination of lemon and water by boiling will neutralize the smell of garlic. Before each consumption, the glass should be shaken to mix the lemon and garlic from the bottom with the juice.
This drink is great for older people because it restores energy and strength and rejuvenates them, improving their blood circulation.
The remedy is used at least 15 days to see the benefits.
When you have a fatty liver, this disease can go unnoticed for years, but it increases your risk of heart disease and diabetes, so you should always be careful. If you want to avoid such problems, you have to detoxify your body regularly and cleanse all the toxins from the body.
You’ve probably heard that honey and lemon are good for your health. But, have you tried a combination of honey, lemon, garlic, and ginger? This remedy is better known as the “master cleanser” and it has many health benefits.
The ingredients used in this liver detox recipe are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which makes it the ideal natural remedy for detoxification. It cleans your liver, improves the function of your digestive system, and helps you to burn fat easier.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- 7 signs you should detoxify your body fast
- 8 super spring greens to naturally detox your body
- Top 5 detox smoothie recipes for rapid weight loss
- 2 delicious and healthy smoothies for detoxifying the kidneys
- 3 green smoothie ideas for detoxifying and energizing