The quince season has started and with them, the housewives start preparing the best quince jam recipes. Flavored and extremely tasty, quinces can be prepared in a lot of ways.
Quinces have a valuable content of vitamins and minerals (B1, B3, B6, calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulfur, pectins, enzymes, etc.), do not have many calories (about 60 calories per 100 grams), and bring the body many benefits whether consumed raw or in the form of jams or juices, infusions or quince jelly.
I don’t know if it happens to you that the homemade jams, stay with you from year to year. I eat the first ones with strawberries and apricots, then the cherry jam and the blueberry jam – used in pancakes, or on bread with butter.
Today, I thought of offering you a fine and fragrant autumn recipe for quince, walnut, and clove jam, which is sugar-free, vegan, low carbs, with a sweet-sour taste that will delight your senses 😊
1 h: 50 minutes
8 jars (3.7 kg)
• 5 kg of quince (4.3 kg of quince pulp)
• 1.5 l of freshly squeezed apple juice
• 100 g of walnuts
• 2 cups quince pectin
• 6 – 7 cloves
• 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
• 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
• 2 lemons
1) I washed the quinces well to remove the fluff from them, then I removed the seedbox. I have dipped the quinces in water, I added the juice of a lemon until I finished removing all the stalks.
2) Cut the quinces into cubes.
3) Boil the apple juice until it is reduced by half.
4) Put the stalks in a pot of water as long as they are covered to boil for an hour, and if necessary add a little more water.
5) When it has halved, add the quinces over the apple juice and stir continuously.
6) Strain the juice obtained from the stalks (which is rich in pectin and will bind the jam) pour it over the diced quinces, add finely crushed walnuts, vanilla essence, cinnamon, cloves, and the juice of the 2nd lemon, and simmer for about an hour until soft.
7) Put the jam in previously sterilized jars.
8) Put the jars with quince jam, nuts, and sugar-free cloves with the lid down and leave them like this overnight.
This quince, walnut, and clove jam is 100% natural, without preservatives or gelling agents. It is sweet-sour, sugar-free, fine, and fragrant. It is very easy to prepare, so if you are going to add a few jars of jam to the pantry to enjoy the taste and color of quinces transformed into the most delicious jam, then you can try this recipe because you will be delighted by the taste and aroma.
A much healthier and lighter version of this type of jam, this sugar-free quince jam with nuts and cloves is perfect for people who suffer from diabetes, who are on a diet, or who simply want a healthy menu.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with dates filling
- Autumn delight: apples cooked with nuts, raisins, and almonds
- Delicious chocolate and almonds muffins (without flour)
- Delicious biscuits with coconut flakes and grated apples
- A delicious recipe from childhood: biscuits salami