Do you feel the need for a lighter menu to facilitate the natural physiological process of detoxification or to lose 4-5 pounds that have appeared on the scale? You can try replacing a main meal with a green smoothie.
A healthy lifestyle starts with a nutritious breakfast. But because we often live fast-forward, we skip breakfast and deprive ourselves of an essential supply of nutrients that give us energy.
What is a green smoothie?
A green smoothie is a liquid drink obtained by mixing several green leafy vegetables, combined with a smaller amount of nutrient-rich fruit. The star ingredients in the smoothie can be: lettuce, broccoli, kale, spinach, parsley, dill, arugula, celery leaves, kohlrabi, or valerian.
And bananas, green apples, pears and avocados are excellent accompaniments to the green smoothie, which enrich its taste and texture.
The green smoothie can be a successful substitute for any main meal of the day, but most followers of a healthy lifestyle (including myself) prefer to eat it for breakfast.
The benefits of chlorophyll for the body:
All year round, but especially after periods of small culinary excesses, we should follow a simple rule: no meal without green leaves. Whether we are talking about broccoli, dill, parsley, lettuce, spinach, arugula, celery leaves, or valerian, green leaves are rich in chlorophyll.
The chlorophyll molecule is very similar to the human blood molecule and is immediately assimilated by the body, which means that these green leaves are extremely beneficial to our health.
Rich in vitamins A, C and E, chlorophyll has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action. Helps eliminate heavy metals, strengthens immunity and promotes the assimilation of vitamins and minerals in the body.
You can also read:
16 Benefits of green smoothies:
• They are low in calories because they contain predominantly green, natural ingredients – dill, parsley, lettuce, broccoli, kale, spinach, arugula, celery leaves, kohlrabi leaves, or valerian
• Does not ferment
• They do not produce a bloating sensation
• They are very full
• Lower the level of bad cholesterol in the blood
• Contains nutrients that prevent colon cancer and relieve irritable bowel symptoms.
• Adjusts the sugar level in the blood
• Hydrates the body
• They are indicated for the prevention or treatment of kidney or gallstones
• Intellectual performance increases
• They have an intense energizing effect
• Reduce the feeling of fatigue
• Helps to lose weight
• Detoxifies the body
• Helps remove heavy metals
• They are a budget-friendly meal alternative, and if you have a quality blender in the kitchen, prepare it as you would say “green juice”.
And to make it even easier to increase your chlorophyll intake, I share with you 7 healthy recipes for delicious green smoothies, packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, easy to make, natural detoxifiers that help you lose weight, and they will give you a huge boost of energy for the rest of the day.
2. The Perfect Energizing and Detoxifying Green Smoothie Recipe: Broccoli, Spinach, Kiwi, Apple Cider Vinegar
Good to know:
• Do not add sugar. The recipes contain fruit, which is sweet.
• Keep in mind that you have included fruit in your drink and adjust your diet for the rest of the day so that you do not overdo it.
• Slowly chew each mouthful of smoothie before swallowing.
To take full advantage of the nutritional and healing properties of smoothies, consume them immediately after preparation, within 15 minutes.
It is important to have the right ingredients, but without a suitable blender, the whole preparation process can be easily compromised.
A smoothie can be easily prepared with a blender or a food processor. These appliances are easy to use and ideal for preparing smoothies.
Also, you can use them for cream soups, milkshakes, grinding food, preparing garnishes or baby purees.
Last thoughts about green smoothies:
We rarely eat fresh spinach, celery, cucumbers with nuts, parsley, dill, ginger, raw fruits, and vegetables because it is quite inconvenient to associate them with the traditional way of serving food.
But it is very easy to put them in the blender and “drink” them. We will thus provide the body with many phytonutrients, healthy enzymes, vitamins, and minerals that naturally invigorate and detoxify.
You can also read:
- Magnesium – Benefits, Causes, Deficiency Symptoms, Sources, Daily Dose, Treatment, Supplements
- Calcium: Role, Benefits, Deficiency, Sources, Daily Dose, Supplements
- Zinc: Role, Benefits, Deficiency, Sources, Daily dose, Supplements
A classic breakfast often does not even have 10% of the nutrients that a green smoothie has but instead has many more unwanted calories!
The energy provided by a green smoothie is not the kind of energy we get from a bottle of carbonated juice or an energizer full of sugar. It is a different kind of energy – one that supports the proper functioning of cells and organs, metabolic processes, and detoxification so as to prevent the occurrence of diseases.
A few days of green smoothies will probably be a strange experience, but believe me, from my own experience I will tell you: they will mean a kind of “restart” for your body.
A detoxified body is more energetic and the skin is brighter. The effects of detoxification are felt both inside and outside.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?