I noticed that the other articles about a firmer, rounder, lifted butt (HERE and HERE) were very much followed by the readers of the blog, so I thought to continue the series of articles on how we can build envy pumped buttocks.
Although they are a large group of muscles and very important to the human body, the buttocks are one of the most relaxed muscles in the body.
The sitting state, the office jobs, the sedentary life, and the car ride make him fall asleep and put him in a state of complete amnesia.
The more you activate it and bring it to life more, the more you turn it around, you put it in motion and help it start to change. The perfect bottom is the result of consistent work and although you do not have to train daily, it is worth starting with a daily routine of activating the bottom.
Today I am going to give you a workout routine for the butt that includes 3 of the most effective exercises for lifted and curved buttocks.
In this exercise routine for buttocks, you will make 3 movements that target the buttocks muscles from different angles. Both from the front, to help them to gain depth, as well as from the side, to make them more round and compact.
Can you get very good results if you only do 2 of these three exercises for buttocks? Of course, you can, but combining them will have super good results.
Will you always see changes in the shape of your buttocks if you only do these exercises for your buttocks? Not. Good training for the buttocks always includes variety in exercises and the number of repetitions or training schemes.
Okay, let’s get started.
An exercise routine for round and firm buttocks
1. Glute Bridges — 3 series x 10 reps
2. Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells — 3 series x 10 reps/foot
3. Side Clam Shell with The Resistance Band — 3 series x 15 reps/side
1. Glute Bridges
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
A glute bridge is a simple, yet versatile exercise that helps you activate and strengthen your glutes teaches you to extend your hips while maintaining a neutral spine, and braced core and lays the foundation for you to progress to bigger and better booty-building exercises.
Targets: The main muscles hit will be your gluteus maximus, thighs, hips, core, and hamstrings
How to do
- Bend your knees and put your feet flat on the ground just close enough that you can graze your heels with your fingertips when you stretch your arms down by your side. Your feet should be about hip-width apart.
- Bend your elbows to 90 degrees so that only your upper arm is on the ground.
- Then drive up through your heels and upper back to lift your glutes off the ground. Drive your hips up as high as possible, squeezing the glutes hard. Keep your belly button drawn in so you don’t hyperextend your back.
- Do not push backward off your heels. Make sure you are driving straight up and that your knees aren’t caving in.
- Squeeze your glutes for a second or two at the top and lower back down to the ground before repeating.
- You should feel this move in your glutes and hamstrings and not in your low back.
- Do not rush through glute bridges. Take time to hold at the top and feel the glutes activate
For more efficiency, you can add a resistance band.
2. Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells
A great exercise that works the legs, but touches the buttocks so well, that you wake up with muscle fever the next day. It helps improve balance hip flexibility, core stability, and overall functionality
Targets: the dumbbell reverse lunge is a great single-leg movement that strengthens and builds the quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
How to do
1. Start by standing with a dumbbell (or a 0,5l bottle of water for beginners) in each hand, and your feet flat on the floor and about shoulder-width apart. Toes should be pointing forward.
2. While maintaining an upright position with the torso, take a slow step backward (landing toe-heel).
3. Bend both knees and descend until the front thigh is parallel to the floor.
4. Push up and forward, and back to the starting position.
5. Repeat, this time leading with the opposite leg.
6. Keep the abdominals tight and the lower back in a neutral position.
7. Maintain the body in an upright position and avoid leaning forward.
3. Side Clam Shell with the Resistance Band
The last, but not the last, effective exercise for the buttocks.
The side clamshell with the resistance band focuses on pelvic stability and activation of the buttocks. The purpose is to move the legs while keeping the rest of the body immobile.
Targets: Main muscle group worked: abductors, glutes, abs.
How to do
1. Put the resistance band above your knees.
2. Lie on your side with your hips, knees, and ankles stacked on top of one another.
3. Keeping your feet together, rotate your right knee open, then slowly lower it back to the ground.
4. Repeat for the left side.
Now that you’ve seen these three effective exercises for the buttocks, here are some tips and how I recommend you combine these movements for best bottom workouts:
How do we combine these 3 exercises for lifted and big buttocks?
Very simple: the first 2 exercises, the Glute Bridges and the Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells are done in super-series.
The super-series involves always alternating between two exercises, with the short break between the series.
• Make the first series of Glute Bridges
• Take a short break of 5s
• Continue with the first series of Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells
• Take a short break of 5s
• Continue the second series from the Glute Bridges
• Take a short break of 5s
• Continue the second series of Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells
• Take a short break of 5s and so on until you do all 3 complete series for both exercises.
1. We start with the Glute Bridge, we do 10 reps in each series and we focus on tightening the buttocks for 2s in the top position.
2. Combine the Glute Bridge (1), in super-series with Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells (2) (10 steps per foot).
3. We make 3 super-series.
4. When you have finished the three super-series of the Glute Bridges and Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells
we will go to exercise 3) Side Clam Shell – 3 series x 15 reps per side, focused and linked reps.
It is very important to focus on the movement and not rush the reps. For muscles to work well and see results quickly, you must make a strong connection between mind and muscles.
To see fast results, repeat these exercises 3 times a week and always try to progress to a better shape or start using weights: dumbbells.
You gain 10 times more from the exercises for the bottom with the body weight, made with the correct shape than the exercises with high load, the wrong shape, and the minimum activation.
Increase the difficulty of the exercises and the weight used.
When you master the correct form of exercises performed only with body weight, the next step towards success is to add tension.
This can be in the form of dumbbells, elastic bands or to increase the difficulty of your exercises.
Want to stimulate your butt to grow? To gain shape and volume? then you gradually increase the load and difficulty of the exercises you do. Do more reps, add an extra set, increase or decrease your exercise tempo, add more tension, and don’t be afraid to use weights.
Eat well enough and properly
This is probably one of the most overlooked aspects for which the result of your posterior has to suffer and the exercises for the buttocks do not effect so quickly.
To get that perfect round shape, the bottom muscle must grow, develop.
In vain you do specific exercises for your butt, you struggle with heavyweights and you pull hard, you do muscle fever so that it is hard for you to sit on the chair, if you do not feed well and do not give enough muscle to grow, it will remain flat.
Muscles recover, grow, and become stronger after training.
Eating enough protein (at each meal) along with as many vegetables and vegetables, enriched with healthy fats from avocado, nuts, peanuts, almonds, olive oil, coconut or butter, not only brings you to the ideal weight, but it also helps, supports and accelerates the results of your bottom.