The busy schedule, the endless exercises in the gym, or the park sometimes cause you to shorten your training time, thus reducing its efficiency. We tend to believe that cardio training is the one that can give us the best results in the shortest possible time.
What would you say, however, if you found out that there is a workout of only 4 minutes that can be up to 5 times more efficient than the same interval of cardio exercises?
Today, in episode 3 of the Tabata training series, I will bring you to a fast pace 4 minute-workout made of 4 exercises repeated 2 times. Each exercise will be performed for 20 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest.
Today’s exercises are:
1) Dumbbell squat to shoulder press, (you need a set of dumbbells or 2 bottles of water)
2) Plank with Leg Lift
3) Alternating Forward Lunges
4) Mountain Climbers
Join me for a great 4-minute workout for thighs and core that is going to torch your fat and give you a fantastic start for your day.
1. Dumbbell squat to shoulder press, (you need a set of dumbbells or 2 bottles of water)
How to do
• Stand with your feet just wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Hold a dumb-bell above each shoulder, with your arms bent just over 90˚.
• Lower down into a squat.
• Your thighs should be parallel to the floor at the bottom of the move.
• Stand up explosively pressing the dumbbells up above your head.
• Your arms should be straight at the top of the move.
Click to Learn How You Can Lose Weight with a Well-Formulated Plan (An Excellent Fitness and Diet Plan)
2. Plank with Leg Lift
The plank with leg lift is a multi-functional exercise that improves stability throughout the core, spine, and hip regions. The exercise also strengthens the lower back while improving hip mobility.
How to do
• Get into a plank position
• The elbows stick to their position
• Tighten your abs and lift one leg off the ground until it’s at hip height, pausing for a moment before returning to the starting position.
• Alternatively you can swing the upper leg up and down
• Do not let the hip sink down
• Repeat the exercise with the other leg, too
3. Alternating Forward Lunges
Alternating Forward Lunges is a lower body exercise that strengthens all your leg muscles as well as your glutes while also getting your heart rate up to help you burn fat.
How to do
• Stand tall with your feet hip-distance apart.
• Take a large step forward and lower your body toward the floor.
• Both legs should be bent at a 90-degree angle at the bottom of the lunge.
• Push off the front leg to rise back up to start, and repeat on the other side.
Click to Learn about a professional System That Helps You Increase Your Strength, Flexibility, and Stability
4. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are great for building cardio endurance, core strength, and agility. You work several different muscle groups with mountain climbers. As you perform the move, your shoulders, arms, and chest work to stabilize your upper body while your core stabilizes the rest of your body. As the prime mover, your quads get an incredible workout, too.
How to do it:
• Start in a high plank position (similar to a press-up position), making sure your shoulders are over your hands, your hips are down, and your weight is on just your toes.
• With your core engaged, bring your right knee forward towards your chest, lifting the toe off the ground.
• Return to your plank, then switch legs to bring the left knee forward.
• Keep switching legs and begin to pick up the pace until it feels a little like running in a plank position.
Don’t skip the warm-up, and don’t skip the cooldown, both are important and help you avoid injury and can even help improve your performance.
That was today’s workout, hope you’re feeling great already
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- The ultimate full-body fat-burning cardio workout – 3 circuits
- 30 minutes full-body kettle bell killer cardio home workout
- Best quarantine full-body 20 minutes workout for a truly fit body – 2 circuits
- 15 minutes belly fat burn h.i.i.t home workout for beginners
- 8 killer exercises to sculpt your thighs and butt for summer – 2 circuits home workout
- Booty pyramid: how to get a firm & round butt while losing weight
- How to get bigger and toned hips and buttocks in 4 weeks at home: 7 exercises + 4 tips