The pumpkin is already reigning over the coppery leaves, because either we want it or not, it’s autumn. So I propose not to regret anymore the summer days long gone, and enjoy the fruits of this generous season with a pumpkin soup only good for a cool autumn evening.
To find out more about the pumpkin’s benefits for our health, check out my article HERE
Every autumn I make pumpkin cream soup because it is one of my favorites. Pumpkin cream soups are very fast, preparing in 70-80 minutes.
• 1kg pumpkin cleaned, cut into cubes
• 1 medium finely chopped onion
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 finely chopped leeks (white part only)
• 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
• salt (to taste)
• pepper (to taste)
• ½ teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon caraway
• 1 teaspoon chopped nut
• 1 large potato cleaned and cut into pieces
• 1 l of chicken soup
• 125 ml skimmed cream
For decoration, you can use pumpkin seeds, walnuts, sprinkled cinnamon, sour cream, croutons.
• I peeled the pumpkin, removed the seeds, cut them into cubes, and placed them in a baking tray lined with baking paper, put salt, and sprinkled them with olive oil.
• I put the pumpkin tray to bake in the preheated oven at 185 C and left it for 40minutes. turning them periodically so they don’t burn.
• Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and leeks and leave them on the fire for 3 minutes until they become copper. Add the garlic and spices and leave 30-50 seconds on the fire, stirring.
• Choose a suitable pot (approx. 3-4 L). Add the baked pumpkin, the potato, and the chicken soup and bring it to a boil.
• Reduce the flame, cover the pan, and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then, let the content cool down and give everything through the blender or the kitchen robot.
• After this operation I put the sour cream, I added the chopped nut and I put the pumpkin cream soup over the fire to give 1-2 boils. The soup will open to a creamy color from the sour cream.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Autumn Flavors in A Glass: Creamy and Antioxidant Smoothie with Baked Pumpkin, Blueberries, and Spices
- Flavored Pumpkin Tart, with Cashews, Almonds, Agave Syrup, Nutmeg, and Cardamom – Vegan Recipe
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Salad with Arugula, Baked Pumpkin, Cranberries, and Caramelized Nuts
- A delicious season recipe: pumpkin soup with nut, and sour cream
- Flavorful Raw Pumpkin Smoothie: An Antioxidants “Bomb” to Strengthen Immunity