The pumpkin is already reigning over the coppery leaves, because either we want it or not, it’s autumn. So I propose not to regret anymore the summer days long gone, and enjoy the fruits of this generous season with a pumpkin soup only good for a cool autumn evening.
To find out more about the pumpkin’s benefits for our health, enter HERE
Every autumn I make pumpkin cream soup because it is one of my favorites. Pumpkin cream soups are very fast, preparing in 40-50 minutes.
• 1kg pumpkin cleaned, cut into cubes
• 1 medium finely chopped onion
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 1 finely chopped leeks (white part only)
• 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
• ½ teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon caraway
• ½ teaspoon chopped nut
• 1 large potato cleaned and cut into pieces
• 1 l of chicken soup
• 125 ml skimmed cream
• I shaved the pumpkin pieces on the large grater (or use a kitchen robot that has this device). I chose a large oven tray that I upholstered with baking paper and distributed the grated pumpkin in it, evenly. I put salt and sprinkled with oil.
• I put the pumpkin tray at baked in the preheated oven at 200 C and left it for 25-30 minutes. I checked that it does not burn.
• Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and leeks and leave them on the fire for 3 minutes until they become copper. Add the garlic and spices and leave 30-50 seconds on the fire, stirring.
• Choose a suitable pot (approx. 3-4 L). Add the baked pumpkin, the potato, and the chicken soup and bring it to a boil.
• Reduce the flame, cover the pan, and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then, let the content cool down and give everything through the blender or the kitchen robot.
• After this operation I put the sour cream, I added the chopped nut and I put the pumpkin cream soup over the fire to give 1-2 boils. The soup will open to a creamy color from the sour cream.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- Delicious autumn porcini mushrooms with garlic, and thyme
- Super delicious and healthy recipes: sea bream on a bed of vegetables
- A delicious and low-calorie lunch: baked cauliflower baked with parmesan
- Healthy chicken breast with creamy turmeric sauce and mushrooms – low-carb recipe
- Delicious healthy gluten-free eggplant stuffed with vegetables and quinoa