Pumpkin is not only a key ingredient in pies and desserts but can also be used in the preparation of the main course. Its combination with pasta can give you new ideas for an autumn dinner.
I propose this wonderfully delicious autumn recipe: pasta with pumpkin and mushrooms. It is extraordinary and I would say that it is in the 1st place at the top of my preferences, I discovered another new texture and taste of the pumpkin, it is very similar here to the potato one, but a little sweeter.
I guarantee that it combines perfectly, and you can go with confidence on my recommendation. You have everything here – taste, color, texture, vitamins.
• 600 gr diced butternut squash
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 350 gr pasta of any kind
• 4-5 sage leaves
• 300 gr sliced mushrooms
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
• 2 tbsp of parsley
1) Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook over medium heat the pumpkin cubes, garlic, and sage for a few minutes until they turn brown.
2) Add half a cup of water and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly. The pumpkin is ready when it starts to soften, and the water evaporates.
3) Add the mushrooms cut into thin slices and fry the mixture for 5 minutes until it begins to caramelize.
4) In the meantime, you can put the pasta to boil. Drain them and pour them over the mixture with pumpkin and mushrooms, after you take it off the heat. Mix lightly with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese until the pumpkin sauce is incorporated.
Serve hot with grated Parmesan cheese.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- A tasty autumn recipe – chicken with apples at the oven
- Delicious autumn porcini mushrooms with garlic, and thyme
- Delicious healthy gluten-free eggplant stuffed with vegetables and quinoa
- A delicious and low-calorie lunch: baked cauliflower baked with parmesan
- Healthy chicken breast with creamy turmeric sauce and mushrooms – low-carb recipe