Today’s recipe for eggplant stuffed with vegetables and quinoa is excellent especially, on fasting days. It is very tasty, light, and yet satisfying. It’s made pretty quick, especially if you have quinoa ready to boil and keep in the freezer.
Eggplants are a wonderful vegetable. They are low in calories but high in fiber and nutrients.
Quinoa is a pseudo-cereal full of protein, fiber, and minerals, but gluten-free. Quinoa is considered a super-food, along with flax seeds, seaweed, green barley, parsley.
It has a slight nut or peanut taste, and even after boiling it remains slightly crispy. It can be an alternative to rice or kouskous. There is white, black, and red quinoa. Here are some of the benefits of this wonderful food.
• Is very nutritious
• Is richer in fiber than most cereals
• It contains no gluten, so it is perfect for people with gluten intolerance
• Is rich in antioxidants
• It is high in protein and contains all the essential amino acids our body needs
• Has a low glycemic index
• Has high magnesium content
• 4 large eggplants
• 100 g quinoa
• 30 g extra virgin olive oil
• 2 medium onions
• 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
• 100 g carrots
• 1 yellow pepper
• 1 red pepper
• Ground pepper
• 500 g tomatoes
For the sauce in the tray
• 200 ml tomato paste
• 450 ml of boiled water
• Parsley for decoration
Method of preparation
- Wash the eggplant, cut lengthwise into two equal parts, and brush with a spoon, leaving the eggplant thickness 1.5 cm.
- Put salt inside and let it sit down for 20 minutes to leave the water.
- Then wipe with a paper towel.
- The eggplant core is finely chopped and set aside.
- Wash quinoa well with cold water.
- Boil water in a saucepan with a little salt and add quinoa when boiling.
- Put one part quinoa and two parts water. Leave to boil for 7-8 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave it covered for another 10 minutes.
- Slip and pass through a jet of cold water.
- Put the oil in a wok, chopped onion and soften slightly. Add the cumin and leave for 30-40 seconds to release the aroma.
- Put the eggplant core, then the grated carrot, the chopped peppers, salt, pepper and leave on the fire for 5 minutes, with a lid.
- Add the chopped tomatoes (without peel) and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Take the wok from the heat, add the quinoa, and mix everything. The eggplant is filled with the obtained composition.
- Put the stuffed eggplants in a higher tray, add 450 ml boiled water, 200 ml tomato paste, and salt.
- Put the tray in the hot oven at 180 degrees and leave it for 45 minutes.
- It is decorated with greenery.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- 7 dinners ideas for all week that help you lose weight fast
- 3 fast delicious low carbs recipes for lunch
- Healthy vegan homemade wrap with spinach, avocado, carrots, and zucchini
- Omelet with baby spinach and parmesan, breakfast for healthy people
- 8 healthy and delicious breakfast recipes that don’t fatten