When we were little, our mothers insisted on eating as many vegetables as possible. Over time, we have come to understand that the benefits of these foods are invaluable and we want to provide our children with a balanced diet.
You’re going to love this recipe. This baby spinach and parmesan breakfast omelet is packed with protein and has enough complex carbs to keep you full all morning. You could say it’s perfect for the health-conscious egg eater.
• Egg yolk, although rich in cholesterol, brings great benefits to general health, including the fact that it contains a high level of choline (vitamin B7), which helps to improve neurological function, reduce inflammation in the body.
• Eggs are rich in sulfur, an essential ingredient for the absorption of B vitamins, useful for the proper functioning of the liver, but also for the production of collagen and keratin, which helps maintain the health of the skin, nails, and hair, providing extra shine.
• With six grams of protein per egg, along with the amino acids it contains, eggs are a perfect choice to encourage muscle development.
• Regular consumption of eggs at breakfast helps to combat overweight.
• Due to the content of vitamin A helps increase immunity
• Improving vision
• Ensuring a healthy blood pressure
• Strengthening the muscular system
• Prevention of cataracts
• Prevention of heart disease
• Helps the health of the skeletal system
• Protects and nourishes the skin and also ensures healthy growth in children.
Knowing the properties of spinach and its vitamin content, I have prepared a recipe for an omelet with spinach and Parmesan perfect for breakfast, which will successfully introduce children to the wonderful world of vegetables.
Here’s how to make a spinach omelet!
• 60 grams of baby spinach
• 1 clove of garlic
• 4 eggs
• 2-3 tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk
• 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• A pinch of salt
• A pinch of pepper
• A sprig of rosemary
Method of preparation
- Wash the spinach and cook in a pan over medium heat over high heat. Drain the composition, allow to cool, and squeeze the excess water from the spinach, if necessary.
Chop the baby spinach and mix with half the clove of finely chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Break the eggs in a bowl and beat with a fork or fork until they froth. Add the remaining garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, and 2-3 tablespoons of milk.
3. Heat a higher skillet over medium-high heat, adding 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Hold your hand 3-5 centimeters above the pan, and when it feels warm, pour the egg mixture in the middle of the pan, down to the last drop with a rubber spatula. The pan moves until the composition is evenly spread over its entire surface.
4. Gently shake the pan, tilting it slightly with one hand, while lifting the edges of the omelet with a spatula to allow the eggs to cook for the first few minutes.
5. Once the eggs are done at the bottom, sprinkle the spinach in the middle of the omelet and add the Parmesan cheese, then fold in half and leave to cook. If you don’t like the omelet with softer spinach in the middle, you can turn it over again, leaving it in the pan for 1-2 minutes.
You can add 2 slices of toast and tomato as I did.
This is one of the most delightfully simple and healthy meals you’ll ever make and the more eggs you use, the more substantial it becomes. To add variety, try topping your omelet with any of the optional ingredients listed above.
The vegetables will add volume but without excess calories. The Parmesan provides extra nutrition, fat, and flavor. And this recipe gives a good excuse to try out some homegrown herbs like dill or basil-or chili powder if you like a little spice in your life!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- 6 ideas for tasty and healthy breakfast
- Delicious healthy gluten-free eggplant stuffed with vegetables and quinoa
- 3 fast delicious low carbs recipes for lunch
- 6 fast and healthy dinners ideas that help you lose weight
- 7 dinners ideas for all week that help you lose weight fast