To lose weight you need a well-developed workout plan (HERE, HERE and HERE), but especially proper nutrition (List of the permitted and prohibited foods in the weight loss diet and The correct combination of foods
The golden rule to create a healthy habit is to have a ROYAL BREAKFAST, this being the most important meal of the day, a less rich LUNCH than breakfast and a nutritious, qualitative but less quantitative dinner.
Eat in the morning like a king, at lunch like a prince, and in the evening like a beggar.
When it comes to dieting, a common problem is that we don’t have enough time to decide what we should eat.
The importance of dinner in weight loss diets
Following a weight-loss cure doesn’t mean skipping meals or limiting yourself to vegetables and protein sources. This is a very common mistake among people who want to lose weight quickly and resort to solutions like “wonder diets”.
To follow a healthy diet, which allows you to lose weight gradually and provides stable results, is It is advisable to opt for healthy eating and increase the number of meals served per day to five(3 main meals + 2 snakes). Read more about it HERE.
This way, you will serve smaller portions regularly.
Meat, fish, and dairy products on the dinner menu will supply your body with plenty of protein.
Here’s what an ideal dinner should look like:
• 50% of the meal should be made of vegetables
• 25% of high protein foods
• 25% of carbohydrate sources.
In this way, you will get all the important nutrients for your body.
Opt for cooking methods that do not involve the use of a large amount of oil. The best options are:
• Grill cooking
• Roasting “stir-fry”
These ways of cooking are simple and allow you to get delicious dishes.
Here are 6 ideas for dinner that helps you lose weight. Of course, you can change them anyway you like to suit your tastes.
Dinner No 1 – Eggplant with quinoa
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
• 4 large eggplants
• 100 g quinoa
• 30 g extra virgin olive oil
• 2 medium onions
• 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
• 100 g carrots
• 1 yellow pepper
• 1 red pepper
• Ground pepper
• 500 g tomatoes
For the sauce in the tray
• 200 ml tomato paste
• 450 ml of boiled water
• Parsley for decoration
Method of preparation
• Wash the eggplant, cut lengthwise into two equal parts, and brush with a spoon, leaving the eggplant thickness 1.5 cm.
• Put salt inside and let it sit down for 20 minutes to leave the water.
• Then wipe with a paper towel.
• The eggplant core is finely chopped and set aside.
• Wash quinoa well with cold water.
• Boil water in a saucepan with a little salt and add quinoa when boiling.
• Put one part quinoa and two parts water. Leave to boil for 7-8 minutes, then turn off the heat and leave it covered for another 10 minutes.
• Slip and pass through a jet of cold water.
• Put the oil in a wok, chopped onion, and soften slightly. Add the cumin and leave for 30-40 seconds to release the aroma.
• Put the eggplant core, then the grated carrot, the chopped peppers, salt, pepper and leave on the fire for 5 minutes, with a lid.
• Add the chopped tomatoes (without peel) and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
• Take the wok from the heat, add the quinoa, and mix everything. The eggplant is filled with the obtained composition.
• Put the stuffed eggplants in a higher tray, add 450 ml boiled water, 200 ml tomato paste, and salt.
• Put the tray in the hot oven at 180 degrees and leave it for 45 minutes.
- It is decorated with greenery.
Dinner No 2 – Arugula and Tomato Salad
• Grilled chicken breast
• 2 slices of whole bread
• Skimmed yogurt or a fruit
Dinner No 3 – Assorted salad with tuna
This dinner recipe will include green salad, arugula, radishes, cucumber, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes (no more than 2-3 tomatoes), tuna in own juice, lemon, parsley, olives.
Dinner No 4
• Mashed green pumpkin and potatoes
• Sandwich with cheese and turkey
• Skimmed yogurt with muesli
Dinner No 5 – Broccoli soup
• 1 onion
• 500 g broccoli
• 1 carrot
• 1 potato
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2-3 cloves of garlic
• 1 cup of sweet cream
• Croutons for serving.
Method of preparation:
• Cut the broccoli as small as possible.
• Put the oil on the heat, add the garlic and browned it for about 30 seconds, then put the chopped onion and carrot.
• Cover with a lid and leave for about 5-6 minutes.
• Add broccoli, salt, and pepper to taste.
• Allow to brown for a few minutes, then add two cups of water and the chopped potato.
• Allow to boil 10 minutes, then mix the whole composition with the blender.
• Add the sweet cream and mix well.
• Serve with croutons.
Dinner No 6
• Summer salad with lentils, peppers, green peppers, chive, sweet corn and cucumbers
• Eggplant omelet
• Skimmed yogurt and green tea.