You’ve probably heard of Tabata before, and if you haven’t, you’ll probably hear more in the future.
Whether I do a strength training or a circuit, HIIT or Tabata, my focus is to get a result as high as possible from the time and energy I invest. Tabata-style weight loss training is one of the methods that can bring you great results with a minimum of time invested, but with extra effort.
Today, in episode 6 of the Tabata training series, I’m going to bring you to a 4 minute-routine comprise of 4 exercises repeated twice. Each exercise will be performed for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest.
Today’s exercises are:
1) Jumping Jacks
2) Mountain Climbers
3) Dumbbell squat to shoulder press
4) Bicycle Crunches
1. Jumping Jacks
Jumping Jacks are basic calisthenics workout. Calisthenics, are gymnastic exercises for fitness and flexibility.
They work like a compound workout, targeting and activating the most primary muscles. They are mostly done during warm-ups or tucked in as a part of circuit training.
How to do
• To perform Jumping Jacks, start in a standing position with your legs together and arms by your side.
• From here, jump your legs out wide and raise your arms above your head, then jump back into starting position.
2. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are great for building cardio endurance, core strength, and agility. You work several different muscle groups with mountain climbers. As you perform the move, your shoulders, arms, and chest work to stabilize your upper body while your core stabilizes the rest of your body. As the prime mover, your quads get an incredible workout, too.
How to do:
• Start in a high plank position (similar to a press-up position), making sure your shoulders are over your hands, your hips are down, and your weight is on just your toes.
• With your core engaged, bring your right knee forward towards your chest, lifting the toe off the ground.
• Return to your plank, then switch legs to bring the left knee forward.
• Keep switching legs and begin to pick up the pace until it feels a little like running in a plank position.
3. Dumbbell squat to shoulder press, (you need a set of dumbbells or 2 bottles of water)
How to do
• Stand with your feet just wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Hold a dumbbell above each shoulder, with your arms bent just over 90˚.
• Lower down into a squat.
• Your thighs should be parallel to the floor at the bottom of the move.
• Stand up explosively pressing the dumbbells up above your head.
• Your arms should be straight at the top of the move.
4. Bicycle Crunches
This exercise will help you quickly make the 6 pack.
How to do
• Sit on your back (back straight on the floor), raise your legs, and start a circular motion as if you were pedaling.
• Then put your hands under your head, and bring your left knee to your right elbow, and vice versa
Don’t skip the warm-up, and don’t skip the cooldown, both are important and help you avoid injury and can even help improve your performance.
That was today’s workout, hope you’re feeling great already 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- 10 minutes of amazing cardio for beginners
- The ultimate full-body fat-burning cardio workout – 3 circuits
- Burn Fat Fast: 4-Minute Tabata Workout – Part 1
- Burn Fat Fast: 4-Minute Tabata Workout (Thighs and Core) – Episode 3
- Burn Fat Fast: 4-Minute Tabata Workout – Part 4