You’ve probably heard of Tabata before, and if you haven’t, you’ll probably hear more in the future.
Whether I do strength training or a circuit, HIIT or Tabata, my focus is to get a result as high as possible from the time and energy I invest. Tabata-style weight loss training is one of the methods that can bring you great results with a minimum of time invested, but with extra effort.
In this episode, we’ll be doing a Tabata workout. It’s short, it’s sweet, and it’s effective. Just four minutes of exercise will help you burn off those unwanted pounds and inches!
The Tabata method is simple: you choose an activity that requires some effort and performs it at high intensity for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest. Then you repeat this pattern for a total of four minutes (a full Tabata set).
And don’t worry about not being able to do anything, you can use this method with any kind of exercise you want! Whether you’re running on a treadmill or doing squats in front of your mirror, just keep track of how many sets you do and how long they take so that you can increase your stamina as time goes on.
To get started, you’ll need:
- Some type of interval timer app if you plan on using your phone as your timer.
- A mat
- A towel for when you’re done with your workout!
Before starting this workout, you must warm up around for 5-10 minutes (or until you feel ready to start). Then take a minute break so that you can stretch out if necessary before starting the actual workout.
Once you start your timer, do as many reps as possible while maintaining good form until each exercise is done twice. Each exercise will be performed for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest.
If at any point during the workout your form starts to suffer due to fatigue, stop immediately and go back to doing one set at a time until you’re able to complete two sets with good form.
This will help prevent injury and keep things safe!
Today’s exercises are:
1) Jumping Jacks
2) Mountain Climbers
3) Dumbbell squat to shoulder press
4) Bicycle Crunches
1. Jumping Jacks
Jumping Jacks are a basic calisthenics workout. Calisthenics, are gymnastic exercises for fitness and flexibility.
They work like a compound workout, targeting and activating the most primary muscles. They are mostly done during warm-ups or tucked in as a part of circuit training.
Jumping jacks are a great exercise for burning fat. They work your calves, glutes, hamstrings, hip flexors, quads, shoulders, chest, and arms. all at once.
This is a full-body workout that will help you burn calories quickly and tone your muscles in just minutes. You can do jumping jacks anywhere, so it’s an easy way to add some extra activity to your day without having to go to the gym or find time for an expensive class.
Jumping jacks are also great because they help improve your balance and coordination while also providing a good cardio workout. By adding this simple exercise into your daily routine, you’ll feel more energized throughout the day while also getting toned muscles!
How to do
• To perform Jumping Jacks, start in a standing position with your legs together and arms by your side.
• From here, jump your legs out wide and raise your arms above your head, then jump back into starting position.
The Only Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas
2. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are great for building cardio endurance, core strength, and agility. You work several different muscle groups with mountain climbers. As you perform the move, your shoulders, arms, and chest work to stabilize your upper body while your core stabilizes the rest of your body. As the prime mover, your quads get an incredible workout, too.
How to do:
• Start in a high plank position (similar to a press-up position), making sure your shoulders are over your hands, your hips are down, and your weight is on just your toes.
• With your core engaged, bring your right knee forward towards your chest, lifting the toe off the ground.
• Return to your plank, then switch legs to bring the left knee forward.
• Keep switching legs and begin to pick up the pace until it feels a little like running in a plank position.
3. Dumbbell squat to shoulder press, (you need a set of dumbbells or 2 bottles of water)
Dumbbell squat to shoulder press is a great exercise to do in Tabata. This exercise includes two moves: squatting with dumbbells and then pressing them up over your head.
The main benefit of this exercise is that it works many muscle groups, including your biceps, shoulders, chest, quads, hamstrings, and glutes. It also burns a lot of calories due to the speed at which you are moving.
This workout will help you burn fat, build muscle and increase flexibility in your hips and shoulders.
It’s an intense exercise that should only be performed by those who are already in good shape and have been exercising regularly for at least 6 months.
If you’re new to working out, start with an easier version of this exercise or wait until you’ve gained more muscle strength before attempting this one.
How to do
• Stand with your feet just wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Hold a dumbbell above each shoulder, with your arms bent just over 90˚.
• Lower down into a squat.
• Your thighs should be parallel to the floor at the bottom of the move.
• Stand up explosively pressing the dumbbells up above your head.
• Your arms should be straight at the top of the move.
The Tropical Secret for Healthy Weight Loss
4. Bicycle Crunches
Bicycle Crunches are a great way to burn fat, especially the lower belly fat that women tend to struggle with.
This exercise is also a great way to improve your core strength, which will help you increase your confidence and decrease back pain.
This exercise will help you quickly make the 6 pack.
How to do
• Sit on your back (back straight on the floor), raise your legs, and start a circular motion as if you were pedaling.
• Then put your hands under your head, and bring your left knee to your right elbow, and vice versa
Forget the popular idea of doing forty-five minutes of cardio to burn fat or maintain your weight. It’s time to accelerate your fat loss with Tabata workouts.
Given their short duration, the Tabata exercises are intense but effective at burning fat and building muscle.
Using the Tabata workout laid out in this guide, you’ll be able to shed lbs of fat in no time. You might be sore at first but remember that soreness is a good thing, as long as your muscles are still working.
Once you have finished your Tabata workout and started to feel recovered, don’t forget about proper dieting. That will allow you to continue losing weight much faster than just working out alone. Meal plan for the week and stick with it!
Don’t skip the warm-up, and don’t skip the cool-down, both are important and help you avoid injury and can even help improve your performance.
That was today’s workout, hope you’re feeling great already 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- 15 Minutes Belly Fat Burn HIIT Home Workout For Beginner
- 8 Exercises For A Full Body Workout For Beginners At Home
- The Ultimate Full Body 7 Home Isometric Exercises For Women
- Top 11 Full-Body Stretching Exercises At Home For Better Flexibility
- 2020 Full Body 8 Weeks Summer Shredding Challenge Schedule
- 10 Tabata Home Workouts for Fast Fat Loss and Muscles Strengthening