The golden rule of healthy eating is to eat plenty of seasonal fruits and vegetables. And because apples are among the most delicious fruits of autumn, you can try this tasty recipe for chicken with apples!
• 4 pieces of boneless chicken breast, without skin
• 2 apples peeled, sliced and without seeds
• 1 onion
• 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 50 ml dry white wine
• 50 ml of freshly squeezed apple juice
• 50 ml sour cream
• Freshly ground pepper
• The boneless chicken breast is washed, seasoned with salt, pepper, and lightly browned on both sides, in 3-4 tablespoons of oil. Remove and set aside.
• Heat the onion in the same oil for 4 minutes, until softened.
• The apples are cleaned of the peel, the seeds are removed, and cut into slices.
• In a heat-resistant vessel, place 2-3 tablespoons of oil, the onion, the apples, and the chicken breast. Cover the vessel with a lid or aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Discover the vessel and leave it for another 5-10 minutes to bake.
• In the pan with the oil in which the chicken breast has been fried, add the wine, the freshly squeezed apple juice, the sour cream and let it simmer over low heat until it thickens, gaining the consistency of a sauce. Season with salt, pepper, thyme.
• Place the apples on the platter and add the sliced steak and sprinkle with plenty of sauce
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- Delicious autumn porcini mushrooms with garlic, and thyme
- Super delicious and healthy recipes: sea bream on a bed of vegetables
- Delicious chickpeas stew with curry, coriander, and ginger
- Delicious healthy gluten-free eggplant stuffed with vegetables and quinoa
- A delicious dessert of fall: pears in the oven filled with honey, nuts, and cinnamon
- Autumn delight: apples cooked with nuts, raisins, and almonds