Hi folks, in today’s article I want to present you a delicious and healthy recipe: Chickpeas Stew with Curry, Coriander, and Ginger.
This chickpeas stew recipe has been a staple in my house as a quick and healthy curry. Chickpeas are not only heart-healthy but they can also help lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar levels and increase muscle growth, making them the perfect addition to your post-workout meal.
This chickpeas stew is off the hook, you have to try it. The taste explosion from the first spoonful is nothing short of phenomenal. With overtones of sweet, savory, and spicy all combined in one amazingly tasty dish, you have a recipe for a stew that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Chickpeas are a type of pulse legume that has been cultivated for over 7,000 years. They are also known as garbanzo beans and Bengal gram.
Chickpeas have a slightly nutty flavor and can be used in a variety of dishes, including salads, soups, stews, curries, and more.
They are high in fiber and protein, making them a great addition to any meal plan. Chickpeas are also rich in iron and magnesium which help to keep your blood healthy and strong!
1. Helps reduce blood sugar levels after eating by slowing down how quickly your body digests food. This can help lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes or pre-diabetes.
2. They’re rich in folate (folic acid), which helps protect against birth defects when taken before pregnancy or during early pregnancy (before 12 weeks).
3. They help you feel fuller longer because they contain fiber and protein, which slow down digestion so you feel full longer.
4. Eating them regularly may help lower cholesterol levels because they contain soluble fiber that helps remove excess cholesterol from the body
5. They contain iron! Iron is an important mineral that helps our bodies produce energy from the food we eat.
6. They’re low-calorie, so they make a great addition to any weight-loss diet plan
• 2 cups with canned chickpeas
• 3 large onions, cut in slices
• 3 chopped celery sticks
• 1 carrot cut in rounds
• 2 cloves of minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon of curry
• 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
• 1 tablespoon of fried and minced coriander seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
• Sea salt
• 1/2 cup tomato juice
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Method of preparation for this delicious chickpeas stew:
• Heat the oil, add the curry, ginger, coriander, cumin seeds, and chili flakes.
• Then add the onion, which is left slightly to brown, then add the garlic, carrot, celery, and chickpeas.
• Turn off everything with tomato juice and water enough to cover the food, letting it simmer for about 15 minutes.
• Eat both hot and cold with a salad of pickled cabbage, ASSORTED PICKLES, or fresh greens.
This is a great dish for vegetarians and can be served over a bowl of rice or quinoa for your carb portion. Serve with a hearty loaf of bread, and some sort of green or veggie & dip and you’ve got a vegetarian feast!
That’s right, this is a “must-try” recipe. It will knock your socks off (and of course, you can use whatever kind of beans you want).
The key to this dish is the spice combination, which combines strong aromas and flavors in a perfect harmony that doesn’t overwhelm any one ingredient. It’s light but so enjoyable. I hope it’s as good for you as it was for me.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Delicious autumn porcini mushrooms with garlic, and thyme
- 6 fast and healthy dinners ideas that help you lose weight
- 7 dinners ideas for all week that help you lose weight fast
- Delicious Autumn Arugula Salad with Feta Cheese, Grapes, and Pears
- Healthy and Dietary Chicken Breast with Spinach, Corn, Turmeric, and Mozzarella (2 High Protein, Low-Carb Dinner Recipes)