Did you think that only in summer you can prepare a nutritious salad, full of nutrients? Well, autumn is the perfect season for salads, only the ingredients are different.
This fall arugula salad is a great way to get your greens in! It’s also packed with protein from the feta. The dressing is made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and fresh herbs.
The tart and sweet flavors of pears and grapes pair perfectly with savory feta cheese in this arugula salad recipe, it’s a healthy lunch idea that will keep you full until dinner time.
It’s a great way to use up fresh vegetables from the garden or your local farmer’s market. You can make it with any type of pears and grapes you like, but I love the combination of red pears and red grapes because it looks so pretty on the plate.
This salad makes a great vegetarian main dish when served with crusty bread or crackers.
This arugula salad and lettuce with feta cheese, grapes and pear is suitable for a light dinner or even for a quick lunch.
Arugula is a leafy green vegetable that’s great for weight loss. The plant is native to the Mediterranean region, but it’s now grown throughout the world.
Arugula has a peppery flavor and is often used in salads. It has dark green leaves and small white flowers.
Arugula contains vitamins A and C, iron, potassium, and protein. Additionally, it has antioxidants such as beta-carotene and lutein that help protect against heart disease and cancer.
In addition to its nutritional benefits, arugula may also have some beneficial effects on heart health.
Here are 7 health benefits of eating arugula:
- Improves digestion
- Aids in weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Reduces inflammation and decreases the risk of stroke
- It’s rich in antioxidants, making it a powerful tool to help fight free radicals
- Arugula is rich in antioxidants, making it a powerful tool to help fight free radicals
- The vitamin C found in this green leafy vegetable helps boost immunity.
The Tropical Secret for Healthy Weight Loss – 100% Natural, GMO-Free, FDA Approved
• 250 g of arugula
• 250 g of lettuce
• 1 peeled and sliced pear
• 170 grams of red grapes, cut in half, or half a pomegranate
• 30 grams of finely chopped red onions
• 30 grams of pecans/ walnuts cut in half
• 1 tsp of pumpkin seeds
• 30 grams of crushed feta cheese
• 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Ingredients for the dressing:
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• ½ teaspoon of honey
• 5 fresh mint leaves
• 5 fresh basil leaves
• Black pepper to taste
Unlock The Simplest, Most Effective Way To Lose Weight For Good – The Custom Keto Meal Plan
INSTRUCTIONS for this Arugula Salad with Feta Cheese, Grapes, and Pears:
1. Put the salad in a larger bowl. Add the sliced pears, grapes, onions, pecans, and feta cheese
2. In another smaller bowl, mix the dressing ingredients – vinegar, oil, honey, fresh basil and mint ,and a little pepper to taste.
3. Add the dressing over the salad and stir to incorporate well
4. The salad is served as such or as a garnish for a pork or beef steak.
This is a quick and easy recipe, but it’s also a very flavorful dish that pairs the sweetness of pears and grapes with the peppery bite of arugula, while the salty cheese and crispy walnuts add a contrasting texture. It is a great mix of flavors and textures.
It’s versatile, too; use fresh mint or basil. You’ll find yourself craving this salad throughout the fall and winter months since it relies on ingredients that are in season.
The key to making this autumn arugula salad taste great is using really good fresh quality ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it, don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- Delicious healthy gluten-free eggplant stuffed with vegetables and quinoa
- A delicious and low-calorie lunch: baked cauliflower baked with parmesan
- Healthy chicken breast with creamy turmeric sauce and mushrooms – low-carb recipe
- Delicious autumn porcini mushrooms with garlic, and thyme
- A delicious season recipe: pumpkin soup with nut, and sour cream