Some may think that smoothies are suitable for the warm season, but I do not agree. Smoothies are beneficial sources of nutrients throughout the year.
As the first snowfall of the year became a reality, I have been developing recipes for warming and comforting foods. This pear and walnuts smoothie recipe is one of those creations, overflowing with nutrients to keep our bodies fit and healthy.
Today, I’m sharing this delicious winter smoothie for those early winter days. It’s a great smoothie for all seasons because the pear can easily be substituted with strawberries, raspberries, and other fruits of your choice.
The nutrient-rich blend of pears, walnuts, and seasonal spices gives you a comfortable feeling while enjoying it in front of the fire with your loved ones.
The spices are what give this delicious pear and walnut smoothie a real winter flavor. If you are a fan of cinnamon, like me, add a little more – maybe half a teaspoon.
Watch out for the fresh ginger which has a more intense flavor than powdered ginger, so be careful with it, as well as with nutmeg whose taste is very intense.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
INGREDIENTS for This Spiced Pear and Walnuts Smoothie:
• ½ cup (120 ml) milk of your choice (almonds, coconut, cow milk)
• 2 sweet pears, cut into pieces
• 200 ml of Greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
• 4 tablespoons of oats
• 4 walnuts
• 4 seedless dates
• 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
• ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• A pinch of freshly grated ginger.
INSTRUCTIONS for This Spiced Pear and Walnuts Smoothie:
1. Add the almond milk into the blender first and then all the ingredients in the order indicated.
2. Stir at high speed until smooth. Mixing time depends on the power of your blender (use a quality one like THIS)
3. A fine and creamy mixture came out. Put in a tall glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick if you prefer, or chopped walnuts, chia seeds, and a slice of pear.
Good to know:
• Do not add sugar. The recipes contain fruit, which is sweet.
• Keep in mind that you have included fruit in your drink and adjust your diet for the rest of the day so that you do not overdo it.
• Slowly chew each mouthful of smoothie before swallowing.
To take full advantage of the nutritional and healing properties of smoothies, consume them immediately after preparation, within 15 minutes.
It is important to have the right ingredients, but without a suitable blender, the whole preparation process can be easily compromised.
A smoothie can be easily prepared with a blender or a food processor. These appliances are easy to use and ideal for preparing smoothies.
Also, you can use them for cream soups, milkshakes, grinding food, preparing garnishes or baby purees.
Now that it’s winter, it’s time to pull out your more hearty smoothies. This one combines pears and walnuts and spices them up with cinnamon and cloves. It’s a delicious way to start your day or fill up an afternoon quickly. Give it a try today!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- A delicious dessert of fall: pears in the oven filled with honey, nuts, and cinnamon
- Autumn delight: apples cooked with nuts, raisins, and almonds
- Super Delicious, Antioxidant, Banana, Strawberries, and Cranberries Breakfast Bowl
- Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Bowl – Whole Grains with Fruit Madness
- Autumn Flavors in A Glass: Creamy and Antioxidant Smoothie with Baked Pumpkin, Blueberries, and Spices
- Autumn Scented Recipe: Cheesecake with Pears and Ginger