Today we continue the series of articles about minerals, with another one essential for the health of our body: Manganese!
Manganese is a mineral found in the body in small quantities. It is important for the metabolism of proteins and fatty acids and is involved in bone growth and development. It is vital for the health and proper functioning of the nerves and can reduce the incidence of epileptic seizures. This mineral is important in iron deficiency anemia.
• Helps eliminate fatigue
• Improves muscle reflexes
• Helps prevent osteoporosis
• Stimulates memory
• Reduces nerve stability
Click to Learn about a professional System That Helps You Increase Your Strength, Flexibility, and Stability
Manganese Deficiency – Symptoms
Manganese deficiency is manifested by:
• Hearing loss
• Diseases of the glands
• Joint problems
• Glucose intolerance.
Natural sources of manganese
Let’s see the most important natural sources of manganese:
- Top 7 alkaline foods which make wonders for the health
- Top 23 Most Popular Vegan Protein Sources for a Healthy Plant-Based Diet
Recommended daily dose of manganese
A daily intake of manganese is not recommended. However, there is an amount considered suitable for people of different ages.
|STAGE||AGE||MEN (Mg/ Day)||WOMEN (Mg/ Day)|
|Infants||0 – 6 months||3||3|
|Babies||7 – 12 months||6||6|
|Children||1 – 3 years||1,2||1,2|
|Children||4- – 8 years||1,5||1,5|
|Children||9 – 13 years||1,9||1,6|
|Teenagers||14 – 18 years||2,2||1,8|
|Adults||Above 19 years||2,3||2|
Rare toxic effects, apart from intoxications caused by industrial emanations.
Manganese is found in various dietary supplements, which can be administered in the form of tablets or tablets. They are often included in multivitamin and mineral preparations in doses ranging from 1 to 9 mg.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- Vitamin C the winter’s star that strengthens the immune system
- 9 health benefits of vitamin A
- The importance and benefits of vitamin D for our body
- All about Iron: Role, Benefits, Deficiency, Sources, Daily Dose, Supplements
- Superfoods – The Complete Guide: What Are They? Benefits, Importance, Types, Use, Recipes