Light and appetizing, beet salad offers a rich combination of flavors and tastes and a vivid contrast of colors. In recent years, beet salad has become increasingly popular in restaurant menus, which is a wonderful side dish that can be served with many dishes with or without meat.
Beets contain carotenoids, phenolic acids, flavonoids, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Most of its benefits are due to the content of betalains, pigments with strong antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory effects. These compounds protect cells from oxidative damage.
Walnuts should be present as often as possible in our daily diet because their consumption brings many benefits to our health. They contain a lot of useful minerals and vitamins that help us stay healthy and active.
It is good to know that walnuts are also a natural source of calcium, and thus help maintain healthy bones. Walnuts are recommended in the daily menu, but we should not abuse them, because they have many calories. A handful of nuts a day is enough. They can be eaten as a snack between main meals.
• 150 g lettuce or arugula
• 2 cooked beets, peeled and cut into slices
• A red pepper
• 8-10 halves of walnut kernel
• 200 g of Blue cheese
• Balsamic vinegar
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the lettuce in cold water and then break it into smaller pieces.
2. To preserve the nutrients from the beets in greater proportion, choose baking in the oven. Boiling in water alters the nutritional content of most vegetables, especially affecting soluble vitamins. After the beets are done, let them cool a bit, then peel them. Cut them into cubes, or rounds
3. Cut the peppers into rounds and chop the walnuts.
4. Put the lettuce, beet, and pepper slices in a salad bowl. Add salt and sprinkle well with balsamic vinegar and mix well.
5. In the end, add the diced cheese and chopped walnuts. It is served as such or with other dishes.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- Spinach and Valerian salad with mozzarella and orange
- Salad pasta with grilled vegetables and Parmesan cheese
- Chickpeas salad with tomatoes and tuna fish
- Alkaline nutrition vs acidic nutrition
- 10 healthy food habits for a healthy lifestyle
- The 9 gold rules for correct digestion