It is important to inform us about alkaline nutrition and it’s opposite, acidic nutrition because the health condition is associated with bases and alkaline minerals, and the disease state is associated with acids.
The alkaline diet is ideal because it emphasizes the balance between alkaline foods, which should be consumed by 80%, and acidic, which should represent the remaining 20%
If we want to be healthy, have a long life, rarely get sick, do not feel tired, have no strength and have antioxidants in the body, so to delay the aging and death of our body cells, find out below a few things about the alkaline diet and the list of alkaline foods versus acidic foods (which we need to dodge as long as possible).
For hundreds, perhaps even for thousands of years, people knew that some substances have an acidic acid, while others are alkaline. But until the pH scale was invented in 1909, there wasn’t any system of values to measure acidity.
The pH range moves from 0 (extremely acidic) to 14 (extremely alkaline). If a portion of food or any other substance stops at 7, it means they are neutral. If it exceeds level 7, then the substances are alkaline and if it falls below pH 7, the food falls into the acid category.
Hyperacidity and its effects on health
A prolonged state of fatigue, sometimes up to exhaustion, could be the sign of deficiencies or diseases of a very
different nature. It is known that the lack of vitamins, iron, or other minerals, weather changes, or lack of light that gives energy can result in fatigue.
The balance between the reserves of acids and body bases depends on our way of life. Stress, lack of movement, poor nutrition, unbalanced, smoking, drinking alcohol and coffee, increase acidity in the body. The consequences of long-lasting hyperacidity can be digestive disorders, weakening of the immune system, spine damage, etc.
In order not to reach the point when hyperacidity becomes an extremely harmful factor for the body, the essential role in ensuring the balance lies in healthy eating. There is a different proportion of acid-based and base-effect components for each food.
Keeping an alkaline diet means eating over 80% of those foods that make your body more alkaline. If you eat from acidic foods, the quantity should not exceed 20% of what you eat over the day and make sure you eat more alkaline than acid at the same meal.
In the category of Alkaline foods enters:
- Fresh cereals
- Green barley
- Germinated wheat
- Brown rice
- Green peas
- Red and white cabbage
- Ripe bananas
- Yellow/red melon.
- Natural honey in small quantity.
- Maple syrup
- Root vegetable
- Unsweetened juices
- Herbal teas
- Plain water, and spring water are considered neutral if they have a slightly past 7 pH.
Alkali oily foods:
- Cold-pressed sunflower
- Olive oil
- Pumpkin seeds
- Fresh coconut.
In the category of acid foods enters:
- Bakery products
- White bread
- Rice (white)
- Cereal flakes.
- Chili pepper
- All types of beans
- All types of lentils except germinated.
- All preserves
- Green bananas
- Sour Cherries
- Glazed fruits
- Dried preserved fruits with sulfide.
- Parmesan cheese
- Fermented cheese
- Salty cheese
- Ice cream
- Fruit yogurt
- Boiled milk
- Powdered milk
- Fermented cream.
- Artificial honey or processed with sugar.
- All alcoholic beverages
- Synthetic soft drinks
Acid oily foods:
- Refined sunflower oil
- Refined olive oil
- Fried peanuts
- Pecan nuts
- Refined olive oil.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to tell you that you need to eat a vegan diet. Not at all. Several different diets out there will work just fine for your health needs.
However, if you are interested in an alkaline nutrition plan, it’s important to do some research before starting on it. If it’s something that you’re considering and would like more information about, above are a few resources that should help you learn more about an alkaline nutrition diet.
In the end, there is no question that a healthy diet must include some acid-forming foods. The problem is that most people are consuming too many acid-forming foods and not enough alkaline-forming foods.
Switching to a more alkaline-forming diet (with more fruits and vegetables) can reverse the effects of an acidic environment in your body and help promote weight loss. In some cases, it can improve symptoms of certain diseases.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- The risks of fast weight loss diets for our health
- 5 ways to maintain your body weight after a weight loss cure
- Did you know that we have a second brain? the digestive system
- Obesity and its effects on health
- The correct combination of foods
- “Good” fats vs “Bad” fats: 6 things you need to know
- How important is for our health that we have 3 main meals a day?!
- List of the permitted & prohibited foods in the weight loss diet
- 10 healthy food habits for a healthy lifestyle