Antibiotics are medicines used for their activity against bacteria. Up to 80% of the prescribed antibiotics for respiratory infections are unnecessary.
Antibiotics kill all the bacteria in the body, including the good ones, thus reducing the body’s ability to defend itself from other infections, Also, they have many side effects, the main ones being: stomach pains, diarrhea, vomiting.
Antibiotics also have natural equivalents, let’s see 5 of the most known and used:
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
Onion is one of the most popular and most used vegetables in any kitchen. Also, if people knew not only I’s delicious taste in dishes but also the beneficial effects for the body, then they would be healthier.
Onion has been used since antiquity for the treatment of multiple diseases to speed up wound healing and reduce pain.
- It is considered to be a natural antibiotic that helps the body fight bacteria.
- Acts as a sedative, digestive, calming, anti-inflammatory, and helps with blood circulation.
- It is the most common natural remedy used in the past by our parents and grandparents for flu and cold (“infamous” onion tea :))), but it also helps with cough, especially dry cough.
- The sulfur onion, the one that gives it the specific smell and taste, is the one that has antibacterial properties.
Have been known since ancient times the beneficial properties of garlic consumption, both for the maintenance of health and for use in various natural remedies:
- It helps to eliminate toxins in the body, being a good alternative in detoxification cures.
- It helps in the destruction of parasites and microbes in the body, thus ensuring a good overall state and superior quality of life.
- It is an excellent sudorific, expectorant, tonic, and antiseptic and prevents diseases such as diabetes, depression, and certain types of cancer.
- It is known for helping heal ear infections, the raw juice obtained from a few garlic cloves can be inserted directly into the ear. The pain will not last long, and the infection will be removed.
- Acts as a natural antibiotic without having any side effects and without destroying healthy bacteria.
- Beneficial effects on the skin: regular consumption of garlic, tones the skin and makes it smooth.
- It is known especially because of its cholesterol-lowering effect.
- It helps in digestive problems, such as lazy ball, bloating, flatulence, constipation.
- Consumed raw, this natural antibiotic can strengthen the immune system.
3. Citrus Extract: Grapefruit Seeds
We know that citrus has the highest vitamin C content that prevents colds. However, citrus extract, especially grapefruit, has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, being an excellent disinfectant. It can be found in liquid form, capsules, or tablets.
Vitamin C is a vital substance in body development, with important effects in treating infections and increasing the body’s ability to fight.
Grapefruit is one of the cheapest natural antibiotics that can be consumed by people of all ages. This fruit can kill bacteria, funguses, parasites, and viruses.
Grapefruit seed preparation is indicated for the treatment of many serious health problems and can be used internally as well as externally:
- For internal use: it is recommended to use the product in the treatment of many diseases including kidney stones, urinary infections, heart diseases, cold, flu, bronchitis, laryngitis, food infections, diarrhea, acne, eczema, chronic fatigue syndrome, urinary incontinence, gingivitis, hair loss, dandruff, viral hepatitis.
- For external use, grapefruit seed extract has proven its effectiveness in skin and nail disorders, mouth ulcers, warts.
4. Pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are a real elixir for health, they have many benefits and contain minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper, zinc, and vitamin K.
Consumed raw or mixed with other ingredients, pumpkin seeds can help you have iron health.
- It is an excellent source of iron, important for regenerating blood cells and for energy.
- Due to the high content of zinc, regular consumption of pumpkin seeds prevents the appearance of osteoporosis.
- Regular consumption of pumpkin seeds helps to maintain a healthy heart.
- Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of omega 3
- Pumpkin seeds can help regulate insulin levels in the body and prevent diabetic complications.
- Mixed with flax seeds, pumpkin seeds help the liver to function properly. This blend contains healthy fats, antioxidants, and many fibers.
Whites, blacks, sweeter, or more fragrant, any sort of grapes you choose, will only benefit you.
- Energizes the body and strengthens the immune system.
- The B1, B2, B3, A, and C vitamins, fills you with the force and activates the antibody formation, thus increasing the resistance to viruses and bacterial infections.
- Regular consumption of black grapes prevents the appearance of retinal lesions. This is because of the resveratrol content, one of the most powerful natural antioxidants known.
- They are very rich in fibers and minerals, which is why they are a very good laxative and are especially recommended for people suffering from constipation and bloating, or those who want to take a detoxification cure.
- Stimulates the functioning of the liver and is also good for the heart.
You may also like:
- Naturist recipe to get rid of intestinal parasites
- Naturist remedies from our great-grandparents
- 10 natural remedies for body and psychic
- Eggshells: benefits and uses
- A wonder natural recipe for body fat cleansing
- Valerian: the natural remedy that will help you get rid of migraines and insomnia
- 9 natural home remedies to fight the spring allergies