Eggs are an extremely accessible source of protein, easy to find and cook. But do we know what happens when you consume the eggshell? It has high calcium content, strengthens bones, protects tooth enamel, and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Eggshells contains calcium plus other minerals such as magnesium, boron, copper, iron, manganese, sulfur, zinc, etc.
- Eggshell can offer twice the daily dose of calcium recommended for an adult, being one of the richest sources of calcium. Calcium is an essential mineral for the body, contributing to the development and maintenance of bone health, the most common disease being osteoporosis, a condition characterized by weakening of the bones, but also by the increased risk of bone fractures. Older age is a risk factor, but also lack of calcium can contribute to the development of this condition.
- It also helps to regulate the heart rate, to the normal functioning of the muscular system, and to balance the level of magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium in the blood.
- Eggshell has also anti-inflammatory effect.
- Not only eggshell powder has benefits for the body, but also its membrane, which is rich in hyaluronic acid, collagen, and amino acids. Because it acts as a natural healing agent, the eggshell membrane can also be used to treat cracks, minor wounds, or burns when applied with the wet side directly to the affected area. Remove with a little warm water.
Healthy Recipe: Eggshells Powder with Lemon Juice and Honey
The eggshell is essential for the health of the bone system (it is 95% calcium). This is why one of the recipes from our grandparents to supplement the calcium needs of the little ones was to make very fine honey and eggshells fine powder.
For starters, prepare a maceration of eggshell powder, lemon juice, and honey. The eggshell is rich in natural calcium, which absorbs very easily into the body.
Honey makes nutrients more easily absorbed into the body, and lemon is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from many diseases.
The Only 100% Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas – FDA Approved, Vegetarian, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free
Method of preparation
1) The shells, without removing the membranes, are immersed in boiling water for several minutes, so that the bacteria are eliminated.
2) The dried shells are baked in the oven at a temperature of 120 degrees Celsius.
3) Leave for a few days to dry, then crumble.
4) They are given through the coffee grinder until you get a fine powder, which you mix with honey and lemon juice: one part eggshell, two parts honey, one part lemon juice.
5) Pour everything into a tightly sealed jar and leave in a cool place or the refrigerator for a week, shaking 2-3 times a day.
- Take a spoonful of macerated 3 times a day, at the main meals, diluted with a little water.
- Before use, the solution is well shaken (the eggshells settle quickly).
- The cure lasts 2-4 weeks and is resumed only after a 1-2 week break. In the case of the elderly, the dose is halved.
The Uses of the Eggshells
We use chicken eggs in food, in cakes, and even in the preparation of masks for a more beautiful complexion or healthier hair, and eggshells, in most cases, end up in the trash.
- Treats growth disorders, osteoporosis, periodontosis, helps in pregnancy, helps fix calcium in the body.
- The alkaline nature of the eggshell balances the coffee’s acidity, gives it finesse and aroma. Eggshell powder is simply added to the coffee from the filter container or even from the kettle, before boiling it.
- The fine powder obtained from eggshells can be mixed with dishwasher detergent to help you obtain a more abrasive cleaning solution, without the addition of toxic substances. Use the detergent thus obtained to clean the pans, pots, or even the surfaces of the kitchen.
- Using a grinder, crush the clean shell of an egg. Put the shell so crushed over the egg white, mix and then apply on the face, avoiding the eye area. Allow the mask to dry, then clean the skin with warm water. Protein and collagen from egg white and peel can refresh the skin, soothe irritation and itching.
The Tropical Secret for Healthy Weight Loss – 100% Natural, GMO-Free, FDA Approved
Hopefully, this article has opened your eyes to a new way of thinking about eggshells. As you can see, they’re not just for cracking into your breakfast every morning anymore.
So try using them around the house and see what other uses we didn’t list here. You never know: something as simple as an eggshell might make your life a little easier.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- 5 natural antibiotics
- Naturist recipe to get rid of intestinal parasites
- Naturist remedies from our great-grandparents
- A wonder natural recipe for body fat cleansing
- Valerian: the natural remedy that will help you get rid of migraines and insomnia
How long should I bake the eggshells in the oven?
Hi Nancy, 20-30 minutes should be enough