Since ancient times, the root of this plant is used to treat insomnia, nervous states, against hysteria access, tremors, headaches, and palpitations.
Valerian supplements are made from plant roots and strains and can be consumed in the form of tea, tincture, capsules, or tablets.
Valerian roots have a special smell and a slightly bitter taste. These roots are a means of calming the nerves, but they also help improve digestion and eliminate intestinal worms.
· Improves sleep quality
· Reduces anxiety
· Reduces stress
· Reduces menstrual cramps
· Improves heart health
· Reduces dizziness
· Reduces digestive problems
· Improves memory
· Stomach pains
· Dry mouth
· Liver toxicity following high dose administration.
Alcohol tincture or so-called Valerian drops are prepared in the following way:
· One part of the roots cut down is placed in five parts of 70 degrees alcohol and kept in a warm place (25 degrees Celsius) macerated for a week.
· The liquid obtained is strained and administered internally 15 drops, three times a day.
Another tincture is prepared as follows:
· One part of Valerian roots, cut into small pieces, is macerated for four days, in four parts of 90 degrees alcohol, after which two parts of water are added and left to macerate for another three days.
· The liquid is strained and is administered in the same dose as the first tincture.
For Insomnia: Besides the advantage of helping you to fall asleep faster, thanks to valerian you will not wake up often at night. The explanation is that this plant calms the nervous and cardiac systems, regulating heart palpitations.
You need a teaspoon of minced valerian root from which you prepare a tea. You drink two cups a day, one 30 minutes before bedtime.
In the case of stomach pains: small children are given a teaspoon of Valerian infusion every hour. This infusion eliminates gas and has some mild diuretic effects.
In cases of migraine or inflammation of the eyes: Valerian roots are also used as a powder. In doses of 1-2 grams per day.
In case of night fears access: children are given five times a day 7 to 10 drops of Valerian in a teaspoon of water.
Unlock The Simplest, Most Effective Way To Lose Weight For Good – The Custom Keto Meal Plan
When your stomach hurts, your tongue is inflamed and your head is sore, drink three glasses a day from a warm tea prepared from the following mixture:
· 6 tablespoons of Yarrow
· 1 teaspoon of wormwood
· 1 tablespoon of mint
· 1 tablespoon of chopped Valerian root.
Method of preparation
This mixture is placed in a liter of water and boiled for 10 minutes.
Valerian is a natural remedy that has been around for thousands of years but remains somewhat unheard of to the average consumer. However, many people have used it to help combat their insomnia and migraines, with great success.
It has been shown in multiple studies to have the potential to be a powerful natural anti-anxiety remedy. It can help you fall asleep and stay asleep, which is something that many people with chronic sleep disorders need assistance with.
And while valerian isn’t going to cure all pain due to migraines, it can be a powerful tool in combating some of the commonly reported symptoms of migraines, specifically headaches, nausea, and especially insomnia.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- 5 natural antibiotics
- Naturist recipe to get rid of intestinal parasites
- Naturist remedies from our great-grandparents
- Eggshells: benefits and uses
- A wonder natural recipe for body fat cleansing
- 3 Natural Treatments for Kidney Disease