Although smoothies are dishes that have a special color, due to the combination of fruits used, it is advisable to focus on greens when you want to serve such a drink.
The green smoothie is one of the most nutritious, ideal for those who do a lot of sports or for people who want to eliminate toxins from the body.
Today, I’ll show you the best spinach, lettuce, lemon, coconut flakes green smoothie which is perfect in detox diets, which is also filling and can successfully replace a breakfast. Especially when you’re on the run and don’t have time for anything else.
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about 3 of the main ingredients of this delicious and healthy smoothie, namely: spinach, lemon, coconut flakes, and all the sources of nutrients it offers.
Spinach should be part of anyone’s diet because it can help relieve many ailments. Spinach can be eaten raw, in salads, juices, or smoothies.
The benefits of spinach:
• Spinach improves eyesight
• Spinach balances blood pressure
• Strengthens muscles
• Spinach speeds up metabolism
• Beneficial for gastric disorders
• Contributes to fetal development
• Beneficial effects for hair and skin
Imagine a product that can be used as a medicine, cleaning detergent, disinfectant, but also cosmetic product. Well, the lemon fulfills all these roles!
In the kitchen, lemon is indispensable. It gives soups, sauces, vegetables, and desserts a really special flavor.
Did you know that lemons are the only alkaline fruit and that lemon juice helps keep a balanced pH in the body?
It also contains minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, but also pectins, bioflavonoids, and fiber.
The benefits of lemons:
• Lemon treats indigestion
• Lemon juice helps treat constipation problems.
• Fever expires
• Protects teeth
• Lemons maintain healthy skin
• Lemons stop bleeding
• Lemon has antiseptic and coagulant properties
• Lemon contributes to weight loss
• Relieves respiratory disorders
• Treats rheumatism
• Lemons treat throat infections
• Regulates blood pressure
Whether fresh or grated, coconut is available all year round. An excellent source of energy and a true ally for health and figure.
Coconut retains much of its benefits, but for that, it must be properly preserved. It is best to buy and use the whole fruit. You will have coconut milk, an excellent tonic with a pleasant taste, but also the core of fresh coconut. You can shave it or cut it into pieces and eat it between meals as a snack.
Coconut is an atypical fruit, very rich in fat and sugar, which has about 350 calories per 100 grams. As for coconut milk, it has about 200 calories in the same amount.
Calories come with valuable nutrients, B-complex vitamins, and minerals (iron, manganese, copper, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, potassium, zinc), to which are added healthy fats and lots of protein.
The benefits of coconut:
• Coconut helps manage diabetes.
• Coconut can have an anti-carcinogenic effect.
• Coconut boosts the body’s immunity.
• Coconut has an anti-aging effect.
• Coconut helps eliminate extra pounds.
• Coconut has an energizing effect.
• Coconut prevents urinary tract infections.
• Coconut improves good cholesterol (HDL).
• Coconut improves bone and tooth health.
Ingredients for The Best Detox Spinach, Lettuce, Lemon, and Coconut Flakes Green Smoothie:
• 2 hands of spinach
• 2-3 lettuce leaves
• 2 ripe bananas
• 1 apple
• 1 lemon
• Ginger to taste
• 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes
• 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
• 1 teaspoon of flax seeds
• 1 ½ cups of water.
Instructions for The Best Detox Spinach, Lettuce, Lemon, and Coconut Flakes Green Smoothie:
1. Wash the apple, remove the seeds, and slice it.
2. First. mix only the spinach leaves with the liquid. Only then add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Mix at high speed until smooth. Mixing time depends on the power of your blender (use a quality one like THIS ONE).
4. A fine and creamy mixture came out. Put in a tall glass and garnish with banana slices, and flax or chia seeds. You can also use coconut flakes or a mint leaf.
Good to know:
• Do not add sugar. The recipes contain fruit, which is sweet.
• Keep in mind that you have included fruit in your drink and adjust your diet for the rest of the day so that you do not overdo it.
• Slowly chew each mouthful of smoothie before swallowing.
To take full advantage of the nutritional and healing properties of smoothies, consume them immediately after preparation, within 15 minutes.
It is important to have the right ingredients, but without a suitable blender, the whole preparation process can be easily compromised.
A smoothie can be easily prepared with a blender or a food processor. These appliances are easy to use and ideal for preparing smoothies.
Also, you can use them for cream soups, milkshakes, grinding food, preparing garnishes or baby purees.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my “Best Detox Spinach, Lettuce, Lemon, Coconut Flakes Green Smoothie” recipe?
You may also like:
- 3 green smoothies ideas for detoxifying and energizing
- Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie
- Super Green Cleanse Chlorella, Spinach, Parsley, and Dill Smoothie
- Best Detoxifying Cucumber, Dill, Basil, and Mint Green Smoothie
- Detoxifying Arugula, Avocado, and Kiwi Green Smoothie