The famous tzatziki sauce with mint and Greek yogurt came to be made so many variants. After several tests and trials, some more successful and some less 😊)))), I have reached the final recipe, which I now share with you.
It is so creamy, refreshing, and fragrant! I have been making it for some time and accompany it with steaks and grilled meat, or vegetables. It is made very easily and contains cheap ingredients, available to everyone.
I don’t want to hear about the tzatziki sauce from the stores because it has nothing to do with the original one!
So, my homemade tzatziki mint, dill, and Greek yogurt sauce recipe is healthy, is refreshing, easy to prepare, absolutely delicious, and I hope you try it too.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients for my homemade tzatziki sauce with mint, dill, and Greek yogurt:
• 500 g Greek yogurt with 10% fat
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 2-3 cloves of garlic
• 350 g fresh cucumbers
• Juice from half a lemon
• 1 bunch of dill
• A handful of mint leaves
• Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for preparing tzatziki sauce with mint, dill, and Greek yogurt:
1. Peel the cucumber, and clean it of its core, grate it on the large grater, and sprinkle salt on it.
2. Meanwhile chop the dill and mint.
3. Crush the garlic
4. Then strain the cucumbers to stay as dry as possible.
5. Over the yogurt add the rest of the ingredients and mix until all is well incorporated.
6. Leave the sauce in the fridge for a few hours to cool well.
This is what the tzatziki sauce looks like, it is served cold as I said. It is creamy, fine, and goes well with a hot Turkish pita or simply with grilled meat or why not marinated meat directly in the sauce, then grilled, like these chicken thighs marinated in tzatziki sauce, which I served with crispy sweet potatoes.
In other words, you can eat it as such, or with fresh and crispy bread next to it. Whatever you combine it, my wonderful tzatziki sauce brings a note of freshness and beneficial coolness.
On top, you can decorate it with a little green dill or mint and a drop of olive oil. It can be stored in the fridge for a maximum of 24 hours, in an airtight container.
Simple, tasty, and healthy! I wish you good luck in preparing the recipe, and a good appetite!!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- 3 fast delicious low carbs recipes for lunch
- Healthy chicken breast with creamy turmeric sauce and mushrooms – low-carb recipe
- Low-carbs delicious chicken breast with spinach, onion, garlic, and turmeric
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Recipe: Pasta with Mushrooms and Pumpkin
- Delicious chickpeas stew with curry, coriander, and ginger