Why do you think more and more people are consuming fresh and healthy smoothies?
Easy to prepare, smoothies are loaded with nutrients that would otherwise be difficult to procure. You may not have time for a meal, in the true sense of the word, but you can meet your daily nutrient needs by mixing a few ingredients in a blender, depending on your tastes, or needs.
The recipe below is one of my favorite green smoothies. It’s incredibly tasty, easy to make and it will help you lose some weight. The combination of dill, basil, mint, and cucumber make it very refreshing.
Or you may not be among the people who love to eat raw foods. Smoothies encourage the consumption of fruits and vegetables. It instantly vitamins you and ensures your fiber intake for good digestion.
And the fact that they are delicious should not be mentioned.
There are several types of smoothies, from sweet ones that you easily confuse with a dessert, to those with vegetables that establish the idea of a meal.
Today I propose a delicious smoothie with cucumber, dill, basil, and mint, refreshing, energizing, and detoxifying, which vaguely reminds, as a taste, of tzatziki salad.
I like to make this drink in the morning for breakfast or as a mid-afternoon snack to keep me going until dinner time. You can store it in the fridge for up to 3 days so there’s no need to make just one serving at once unless you have a large family or plan on sharing with friends.
The ingredients in this smoothie are very good for our health because they can help us prevent diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about 3 of the main ingredients of this delicious and healthy smoothie, namely: cucumber, dill, and basil, and all the sources of nutrients it offers.
Cucumber is one of the most beloved vegetables and it is not surprising, since it has important nutritional properties for the body and a lot of health benefits.
Low in calories, but full of vitamins and minerals, it is excellent food in any season and one of the few foods that have no contraindications.
To take full advantage of their benefits , it is recommended to eat them fresh, in salads or appetizers, as well as pickles or the form of juice.
The pulp and peel are excellent sources of vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, vitamin E, to which is added a high content of mineral salts (calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, silicon, and iron).
They are known for their antioxidant properties, which help both maintain the beauty of the skin and prevent the harmful effects of free radicals.
It is also an excellent source of water. Over 90% of the content of a cucumber is water, which means that this vegetable contributes to the hydration and detoxification of the body.
• It help detoxify the body
• Fights dark circles and improves the appearance of the skin
• Reduces the risk of cancer
• Lowers blood pressure
• Relieves gastric ulcer
• Contributes to hair regeneration
• Decreases appetite
• Fights the formation of kidney stones
• Fights indigestion
• Prevenst diabetes
• Fights muscle pain.
Dill has always been more than a spice, it is appreciated and used for its therapeutic effects. Dill is rich in vital vitamins, such as vitamin A, and vitamin C, which is essential for optimal metabolic function and immune system stimulation.
An aromatic spice, native to the Mediterranean region, related to parsley and larch, dill is widely used in European countries, but also in Asian countries, especially India, where dried leaves flavor salads, steaks, sauces, and many other dishes.
Dill seeds can be added to salads, pickles, purees, vegetable stews, or steamed vegetables in thousands of possibilities and combinations.
Benefits of Dill:
• Dill is a spice that stimulates digestion
• Soothes dental pain
• Dill stimulates the proper functioning of the kidneys
• Fights depression
• Treats bruises and edema
• Dill helps with weight loss due to its diuretic properties
• Dill has anti-inflammatory effects
• Increases skin elasticity
• Effective in preventing cancer
• Antibacterial and antifungal properties
• Protects the body from the effect of free radicals.
Basil is one of the most popular spices and, fortunately, this plant can be used not only for cooking.
In addition to its pleasant aroma, this plant also brings a multitude of health benefits due to its high content of minerals and vitamins, being famous for its therapeutic properties.
Cold macerated, the plant is considered a true elixir of youth without old age.
Benefits of Basil:
• Basil reduces memory loss associated with stress and aging
• Basil reduces depression caused by chronic stress
• Basil reduces strokes and helps recovery after such an episode
• Improves blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides
• Basil helps to relax blood vessels and thin the blood – aspirin-like effect
• Does not allow the multiplication of bacteria that lead to cavities
• Keep insects away – mosquitoes and ticks
• Basil is a natural antibiotic
• Basil has a strong antioxidant effect
• Basil is an effective anti-inflammatory
• Basil prevents aging
• Basil fights stress
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Times: 10 Minutes
Ingredients for The Best Detoxifying Dill, Basil,Mint, and Cucumber Green Smoothie:
• 2 cups of Greek yogurt
• 1 cup of mineral water cubes
• 2 cups of cucumber, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons of dill, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons of basil, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
• ¼ teaspoon of salt
1. Wash the cucumber and slice it.
2. Add the ice cubes and all the other ingredients and mix at high speed until smooth. Mixing time depends on the power of your blender (use a quality one like THIS ONE).
3. A fine and creamy mixture came out. Put in a tall glass and garnish with flaxseeds, and a slice of cucumber. You can also use a few chopped almonds or a mint leaf.
Serve this cucumber, dill, basil, and mint leaves smoothie with a few ice cubes and
The health benefits of dill are undeniable. Basil is a classic anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial herb, while mint and cucumber make the smoothie nice and cool, thanks to their properties that cool the body when consumed. This is a great detox drink for any time of year.
To sum up all the benefits of this delicious smoothie: it’s tasty, detoxifying, energizing, cleansing, healthy, nutritious, and very good for you. Spice up your life and try something new.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my recipe?
You may also like:
- Top 5 detox smoothie recipes for rapid weight loss
- 2 delicious and healthy smoothies for detoxifying the kidneys
- 3 green smoothie ideas for detoxifying and energizing
- How to Make a Perfect Green Smoothie – The 5 Rules to Follow
- Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie