I say let’s start the week with a green smoothie to energize and do well until Friday. Isn’t that a good idea?
A green smoothie is an incredible source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Although all smoothies are healthy and full of vitamins, the green smoothie seems to be the KING OF SMOOTHIES 😊
A great way to start your day, a hearty snack that can replace a meal, this green smoothie with blueberries, avocado, and chlorella, cooks quickly and is an excellent source of micronutrients needed by your body, in addition to helping detoxification of the body if consumed regularly.
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about 3 of the main ingredients of this delicious and healthy smoothie, namely: wild blueberries, avocado, and chlorella, and all the sources of nutrients it offers.
Blueberries fill the markets during the summer, in two variants: wild and culture. The wild ones are smaller, darker in color, a little sourer, and more fragrant. The cultivated ones are bigger, with a lighter color, towards purple, and with a less intense aroma.
Whatever you choose, you can enjoy the same benefits, provided by the blueberries. Outside of the warm season, you can also opt for frozen blueberries, which retain about 90% of the nutrients.
Blueberries are among the healthiest fruits due to their high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They help prevent and treat infections and fight free radical damage.
Blueberries are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, manganese, copper, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium. They are also very rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamin complex, being an important source of antioxidants.
Consuming blueberries as a snack between meals or even at breakfast helps you maintain a high level of energy, satiety, and even satisfaction because they are tasty.
• Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fruits
• Blueberries neutralize free radicals that can promote disease in the body
• Strengthen the immune system
• Reduce blood pressure
• Blueberries help reduce fat in the abdomen
• Helps maintain healthy urinary tract
• Preserve the integrity of vision
• Blueberries maintain brain health
• Blueberries reduce the risk of developing heart disease
• Helps improve constipation and digestion
• Blueberries fight cancer.
Avocado is the wonder fruit that should not be missing from your diet. Avocados can be eaten raw, in salads or individually, seasoned with various herbs and spices, or can become ingredients for desserts, in various recipes for cakes or protein shakes.
This fruit is also used to obtain cooking oil, cosmetics, and natural soaps, it is rich in protein, healthy fats (monounsaturated), potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins A, C, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B6.
• Avocado fruits are rich in protein, healthy fats, minerals, and vitamins, and low in carbohydrates and therefore are recommended for a balanced diet
• They have antioxidant properties
• Avocado protects the liver cell
• They have a high potassium content (higher than in the case of bananas)
• Due to its lutein content, avocado can help improve vision
• Soluble and insoluble fiber contained in avocado fruit helps the digestive system.
Chlorella, like its sister spirulina, is one of the oldest known species of algae on the planet.
Regardless of the forms in which it is consumed, powder or capsules, chlorella is a natural food supplement that energizes the body, nourishes and supports the health of the immune system, regenerates and detoxifies the body from heavy metal contamination from the environment or food, reduces inflammation, supports optimal functioning. brain, digestive system, and liver.
Also, it protects you from radiation and can help you lose weight healthily.
Chlorella is rich in chlorophyll, essential fatty acids, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, a lot of micronutrients, minerals (zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iodine, potassium), vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E, K), carotenoids and all essential amino acids.
Dried, Chlorella contains 45% protein, 20% carbohydrates, 20% fat, 5% fiber and 10% minerals.
Benefits of Chlorella:
• Chlorella nourishes the body
• Chlorella stimulates the immune system
• Chlorella fights infections
• Chlorella stops or slows down the evolution of viral hepatitis
• Chlorella detoxifies the body
• Chlorella lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
• Chlorella contributes to the optimal functioning of the digestive system
• Chlorella contributes to optimal brain function
• Chlorella helps you lose weight healthily
• Chlorella keeps the body young.
• Chlorella balances the pH
• Chlorella fights cancer
• Chlorella protects you from radiation.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Ingredients for This Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie
• 100 ml of coconut milk or almond milk (checK out My Homemade Raw Vegan Almond Milk Recipe)
• ½ avocado cut into pieces
• 1 ripe banana
• 50 g of fresh or frozen wild blueberries
• 1 teaspoon of chlorella powder
• 1 ½ cups of water
Instructions for This Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie:
1. Peel the avocado, banana and slice them.
2. Add the coconut milk into the blender first and then all the ingredients in the indicated order.
3. Mix at high speed until smooth. Mixing time depends on the power of your blender (use a quality one like THIS ONE).
4. A fine and creamy mixture came out. Put in a tall glass and garnish with a few cranberries, flax seeds, a few strands of freshly grated ginger, and a slice of orange. You can also use a few chopped almonds or a mint leaf.
Good to know:
• Do not add sugar. The recipes contain fruit, which is sweet.
• Keep in mind that you have included fruit in your drink and adjust your diet for the rest of the day so that you do not overdo it.
• Slowly chew each mouthful of smoothie before swallowing.
To take full advantage of the nutritional and healing properties of smoothies, consume them immediately after preparation, within 15 minutes.
It is important to have the right ingredients, but without a suitable blender, the whole preparation process can be easily compromised.
A smoothie can be easily prepared with a blender or a food processor. These appliances are easy to use and ideal for preparing smoothies.
Also, you can use them for cream soups, milkshakes, grinding food, preparing garnishes or baby purees.
My recommended SMOOTHIE APPLIANCES:
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Top 5 detox smoothie recipes for rapid weight loss
- 2 delicious and healthy smoothies for detoxifying the kidneys
- 3 green smoothies ideas for detoxifying and energizing
- The ultimate spring detox guideline