For your body to be at its optimal health, it needs a daily detox. Our bodies are exposed to toxins from the air we breathe, the food and drinks we consume, and what we come into contact with within our day-to-day lives. These toxins can accumulate in our bodies, making us feel sluggish and unhealthy.
Our liver is our main detox organ, but it can only do so much. Green smoothies are the perfect remedy for a healthy body. They are packed with nutrients and vitamins which help remove all these harmful toxins from the body.
I know, I know, a detox green smoothie can be a hard one to swallow. Literally. It’s not the prettiest thing to look at, I get that. But let me tell you why it is so good for you, and how you can turn it into something palatable for your taste buds.
When you hear the word “detox” you automatically think of weight loss, but that’s not necessarily the case. The idea of detox is to rid your body of harmful toxins and improve your health overall.
A detox smoothie, which may be more palatable than a whole-foods cleanse, can help with this every bit as much as a diet. All you must do is swap out your regular green smoothie for one with chlorella, wild blueberries, and avocado.
Green smoothies are an excellent way to get many nutrients in one glass. This wild blueberry, avocado, chlorella, detox green smoothie is no exception.
Every ingredient comes with its own set of benefits, which makes this smoothie a great way to start your day or as a powerful afternoon pick-me-up.
I say let’s start the week with a green smoothie to energize and do well until Friday. Isn’t that a good idea?
A green smoothie is an incredible source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Although all smoothies are healthy and full of vitamins, the green smoothie seems to be the KING OF SMOOTHIES 😊
A great way to start your day, a hearty snack that can replace a meal, this green smoothie with blueberries, avocado, and chlorella, cooks quickly and is an excellent source of micronutrients needed by your body, in addition to helping detoxification of the body if consumed regularly.
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about 3 of the main ingredients of this delicious and healthy smoothie, namely: wild blueberries, avocado, and chlorella, and all the sources of nutrients it offers.
Blueberries fill the markets during the summer, in two variants: wild and culture. The wild ones are smaller, darker in color, a little sourer, and more fragrant. The cultivated ones are bigger, with a lighter color, towards purple, and with a less intense aroma.
Whatever you choose, you can enjoy the same benefits, provided by the blueberries. Outside of the warm season, you can also opt for frozen blueberries, which retain about 90% of the nutrients.
Blueberries are among the healthiest fruits due to their high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They help prevent and treat infections and fight free radical damage.
Blueberries are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, manganese, copper, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium. They are also very rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamin complex, being an important source of antioxidants.
Consuming blueberries as a snack between meals or even at breakfast helps you maintain a high level of energy, satiety, and even satisfaction because they are tasty.
• Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fruits
• Blueberries neutralize free radicals that can promote disease in the body
• Strengthen the immune system
• Reduce blood pressure
• Blueberries help reduce fat in the abdomen
• Helps maintain healthy urinary tract
• Preserve the integrity of vision
• Blueberries maintain brain health
• Blueberries reduce the risk of developing heart disease
• Helps improve constipation and digestion
• Blueberries fight cancer.
Unlock The Simplest, Most Effective Way To Lose Weight For Good – The Custom Keto Meal Plan
Avocado is the wonder fruit that should not be missing from your diet. Avocados can be eaten raw, in salads or individually, seasoned with various herbs and spices, or can become ingredients for desserts, in various recipes for cakes or protein shakes.
This fruit is also used to obtain cooking oil, cosmetics, and natural soaps, it is rich in protein, healthy fats (monounsaturated), potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins A, C, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B6.
• Avocado fruits are rich in protein, healthy fats, minerals, and vitamins, and low in carbohydrates and therefore are recommended for a balanced diet
• They have antioxidant properties
• Avocado protects the liver cell
• They have a high potassium content (higher than in the case of bananas)
• Due to its lutein content, avocado can help improve vision
• Soluble and insoluble fiber contained in avocado fruit helps the digestive system.
Chlorella, like its sister spirulina, is one of the oldest known species of algae on the planet.
Regardless of the forms in which it is consumed, powder or capsules, chlorella is a natural food supplement that energizes the body, nourishes and supports the health of the immune system, regenerates and detoxifies the body from heavy metal contamination from the environment or food, reduces inflammation, supports optimal functioning. brain, digestive system, and liver.
Also, it protects you from radiation and can help you lose weight healthily.
Chlorella is rich in chlorophyll, essential fatty acids, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, a lot of micronutrients, minerals (zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iodine, potassium), vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E, K), carotenoids and all essential amino acids.
Dried, Chlorella contains 45% protein, 20% carbohydrates, 20% fat, 5% fiber and 10% minerals.
Benefits of Chlorella:
• Chlorella nourishes the body
• Chlorella stimulates the immune system
• Chlorella fights infections
• Chlorella stops or slows down the evolution of viral hepatitis
• Chlorella detoxifies the body
• Chlorella lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
• Chlorella contributes to the optimal functioning of the digestive system
• Chlorella contributes to optimal brain function
• Chlorella helps you lose weight healthily
• Chlorella keeps the body young.
• Chlorella balances the pH
• Chlorella fights cancer
• Chlorella protects you from radiation.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Ingredients for This Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie
• 100 ml of coconut milk or almond milk (checK out My Homemade Raw Vegan Almond Milk Recipe)
• ½ avocado cut into pieces
• 1 ripe banana
• 50 g of fresh or frozen wild blueberries
• 1 teaspoon of chlorella powder
• 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup (optional)
• 1 ½ cups of water
The Only 100% Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas – FDA Approved, Vegetarian, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free
Instructions for This Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie:
1. Peel the avocado, banana and slice them.
2. Add the coconut milk into the blender first and then all the ingredients in the indicated order.
3. Mix at high speed until smooth. Mixing time depends on the power of your blender.
4. A fine and creamy mixture came out. Put in a tall glass and garnish with a few cranberries, flax seeds, a few strands of freshly grated ginger, and a slice of orange. You can also use a few chopped almonds or a mint leaf.
Purging your body of toxins is a great idea if you’re trying to get healthy and/or lose weight, but you may be able to do it without depriving yourself.
When you’re trying to cleanse your body of the gunk it’s accumulated over a week, it’s important to start by eliminating all the things you know are bad for you.
You might think that the worst offenders are the junk food and processed snacks that you can’t seem to stop yourself from eating, but what about all those seemingly healthy foods that claim to be good for you? The ones that are just as likely to make you feel bloated or give you a tummy ache?
What many people don’t realize is that if we’re not careful about eliminating some “healthy” foods from our diet, we might be sabotaging our efforts to clean up our system.
The ingredients in this smoothie activate your liver, which will help your body get rid of all the toxins it’s been storing. This is a great recipe for those who are trying to lose weight and get healthier by eating better!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- Top 5 detox smoothie recipes for rapid weight loss
- 2 delicious and healthy smoothies for detoxifying the kidneys
- 3 green smoothies ideas for detoxifying and energizing
- The ultimate spring detox guideline