Coconut milk is a particularly delicious and healthy alternative to classic cow milk. Although it can be found in any supermarket, it can be prepared at home – and the result is a dream.
When you’re in the mood for some coconut milk, it’s great to know that you can prepare your own at home. This coconut milk recipe is easy and quick to make. It only takes 10 minutes to make coconut milk from scratch, so you can enjoy delicious coconut milk whenever you want!
Coconut milk is a white, opaque liquid extracted from coconut pulp. It has a rich taste, which is due to the high content of coconut oil. It is popular with people on a vegetarian or vegan diet.
At the same time, it is an indispensable ingredient in cuisines in South Asia, East, and West Africa, as well as in Latin America, where coconut milk is used both in soups and main courses and in desserts.
A 100 gram serving of this milk is particularly healthy. It contains 44% of the recommended daily allowance of manganese, 14% of phosphorus, 12% of iron, and 7% of zinc. It also contains vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
Some info about Coconut:
Whether fresh or grated, coconut is available all year round and is an excellent source of energy and a true ally for health and figure.
Coconut retains much of its benefits, but for that, it must be properly preserved. It is best to buy and use the whole fruit. You will have coconut milk, an excellent tonic with a pleasant taste, but also the core of fresh coconut. You can grate it or cut it into pieces and eat it between meals as a snack.
Coconut is an atypical fruit, rich in fat and sugar, which has about 350 calories per 100 grams. As for coconut milk, it has about 200 calories in the same amount.
The Only 100% Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas – FDA Approved, Vegetarian, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free
7 Benefits of coconut milk:
• The healthy fats in coconut milk help to lose weight and have long-term beneficial effects
• It has a very good content of vitamins and minerals
• Contains iron and is perfect for those with anemia
• Contains copper – an ally of the immune system
• It is good for heart health
• Helps you maintain the beauty of your hair and its shine
• Coconut milk is a good substitute for animal milk.
Contraindications to coconut milk:
In addition to all the benefits mentioned above, this type of vegetable milk also has some contraindications, such as:
• People with kidney problems and high blood potassium should not drink coconut milk.
• It is contraindicated for people who are allergic to nuts.
• May cause bloating
Surely you know a lot of recipes that contain coconut milk, and you have certainly looked for it in stores.
Sometimes you found it, other times you didn’t. But I admit that I was somewhat disappointed by its price and the preservatives contained in the boxes, so I decided to find the perfect option. And I think I found it!
What’s more, you can make your coconut milk, no matter how much or how little it takes to prepare different recipes. It is extremely easy to prepare… and very cheap.
I have prepared this milk countless times, both from coconut flakes and from fresh coconut, which I always break, after which I peel it, cut it into pieces, and prepare the milk, according to the procedure below.
I can say that the dried flakes bought from the market are a bit more fragrant than freshly grated coconut, but the milk seems better in the second version, especially since you know for sure that the flakes obtained by you were not then treated artificially.
METHOD 1 – Coconut Milk With Fresh Coconut
• 2 coconuts
• 800 ml of water
• 1teaspoon of vanilla extract
• Blender or food processor
• 2 glass or ceramic vessels
• Gauze or a nut milk bag for straining
• Large diameter strainer
1. Search with a knife for the weakest hole😊)))) and drill the nut
2. Pour the coconut water into a glass
3. Check if the coconut water is good – it should be clear, and sweet, if the color is not clear and the taste is unpleasant, discard the coconut.
4. Break the coconut shell with a hammer
5. Now you need to remove the coconut pulp. Often, after opening, the pulp comes out on its own, without the need to force it. But if this does not happen, put a knife with a blade strong enough between the peel and the pulp, then lift it slightly so that air enters and comes off easily.
6. Once you have all the pulp removed, cut it into small pieces (optionally, you can clean the wood side).
8. Mix in a blender or food processor for 1 minute, or until you get a coconut puree.
9. Place a strainer on top of a bowl and pour the whole composition into the strainer. Squeeze the pulp, pressing it by hand into the strainer.
10. If you want as much milk as possible from the amount of coconut, put all the pulp in a clean cloth or gauze, then gather the material at both ends, in opposite directions.
Unlock The Simplest, Most Effective Way To Lose Weight For Good – The Custom Keto Meal Plan
METHOD 2 – Coconut Milk Recipe With Coconut Flakes
• 200 g of large coconut flakes (but not dry)
• 3 cups of water
• Gauze or cloth for straining
• Large diameter strainer
1. The coconut flakes are left to hydrate with 2 cups of boiled water (about 10 minutes), for the flakes to regain their properties.
2. Pour everything into a blender and mix for 1 minute, then strain the resulting liquid (milk).
3. Put the squeezed coconut back in the first bowl, then pour the other cup of hot water over it. Leave for another 15 minutes.
4. Then put the flakes back in the blender together with the water in which they were hydrated and mix them once more.
5. Strain again and mix the 2 liquids… so we got the coconut milk. You will notice that it is very fragrant and greasy.
6. Leave to cool, then it’s ready for consumption.
It can be stored in the fridge in glass containers for about 3 days. If you leave it overnight, you will notice that a firm thin skin forms above it – that is coconut butter, which you can also include in multiple recipes.
It is the first vegetable milk that I could drink in its original form, without the addition of honey or other spices. It is very fragrant and pleasant to the taste.
You can also dilute the flavor according to your preference with fruit, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, etc.
The remaining pulp can be eaten as such, with honey or in the composition of cakes.
It can be consumed as such (I really like it), or it can be used to prepare various foods, puddings, cakes, smoothies, etc.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest,Facebook,Instagram,Linkedin, and Bloglovin’.Thank you!
You may also like:
- 10 healthy food habits for a healthy lifestyle
- The 9 gold rules for correct digestion
- Top 23 Most Popular Vegan Protein Sources for a Healthy Plant-Based Diet
- Superfoods – The Complete Guide: What Are They? Benefits, Importance, Types, Use, Recipes
- How to Make the Perfect Smoothie – My Complete Guide + 16 Recipes