Today I continue the series of articles about vitamins, with another very important vitamin, especially during the cold season, namely: Vitamin D. I will explain below, why I think it is so important for our body.
In winter, the sun’s beneficial rays show less, which also leads to insufficient intake of vitamin D, secreted in the body due to sun exposure.
The major role of this vitamin is to maintain normal levels of calcium and phosphorus in the blood. It helps the body absorb calcium, which builds and maintains strong bones. It may also play an important role in maintaining muscle function and strengthening the immune system.
Here are 11 benefits of this vitamin:
1. It helps your body absorb calcium and phosphorous, which are needed to keep bones strong and healthy.
2. It also helps you absorb magnesium and zinc, which are important for healthy muscle, nerve, and heart functions.
3. A deficiency of this vitamin can lead to osteoporosis, a disease where bones become brittle and fragile. This condition can be painful and crippling, especially as you age.
4. Can help prevent diabetes by helping your body use insulin better so that glucose can enter cells instead of being stored as fat in your body. This means blood sugar levels stay normal which prevents diabetes from developing in the first place!
5. Vitamin D 12 has been shown to improve brain function by increasing blood flow to areas of the brain known as “grey matter”, which are responsible for memory function and learning ability among other things!
6. It helps with muscle function and growth.
7. Vitamin D boosts the immune system by helping white blood cells fight off infection more effectively.
8. Contribute to the prevention of cancers such as colon cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, or ovarian cancer.
9. It improves your sleep quality
10. It slows down the aging process
11. It helps to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
Foods that contain Vitamin D
Usually, varied and balanced nutrition is the best way to take vitamins. But not in the case of vitamin D. Several foods contain Vitamin D, among them, listing the following:
• Milk and yogurt
• Whole grains
• Certain types of mushrooms
• Egg yolk
The Only 100% Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas – FDA Approved, Vegetarian, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free
Vitamin D deficiency
Deficiency of vitamin D may occur as a result of inadequate exposure to sunlight, intestinal absorption disorders, reduced dietary intake, consumption of certain drugs that accelerate the absorption of vitamin D.
In infants, vitamin D deficiency may occur due to the reduced amount of vitamin D in breast milk.
In children, vitamin D deficiency can lead to rickets, which is presented by arching the legs, while in adults, it leads to Osteomalacia, that is, demineralization of the bone matrix.
Symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency
Vitamin D3 deficiency causes the most diverse symptoms, from pain to depression. Some of the symptoms after which you can recognize the vitamin D3 deficiency are:
• Abrupt changes in mood, irritability
• Fatigue, apathy, and lack of concentration
• Muscle pain and weakness in the muscles
• Discomfort in the joints
• Excessive sweating
Unlock The Simplest, Most Effective Way To Lose Weight For Good – The Custom Keto Meal Plan
8 Common Side Effects:
The side effects are extremely rare, but they can occur. The toxicity is more common than the deficiency.
The side effects may include:
- Digestive problems
- Weakness, fatigue, and muscle aches
- Irregular heartbeat
- Weight loss
- Decreased appetite.
These side effects usually clear up on their own with time or after lowering the dose of medication that contains this vitamin.
The supplements are given only after performing blood tests and only at the doctor’s recommendation. No vitamins and supplements should be taken without prior medical consultation
This vitamin is important to your health. Vitamin D supplements can help you get the appropriate amount of this vitamin in your diet, but try to get this vitamin from factors like getting enough sun exposure as well.
Remember to look at the foods you eat and make sure that you are getting enough of this vitamin so you can be healthy!
In the end, I think the main lesson here is clear: this vitamin is easy to obtain, cheap to try, and most importantly, good for you. The better you take care of your body, the easier it will be for your branding to shine.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it, don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- The natural fruit juices and smoothies, benefits, or risks for our body?
- 10 healthy food habits for a healthy lifestyle
- Efficient list of the main categories of foods that help you lose weight
- Vitamin C the winter’s star that strengthens the immune system
- 9 health benefits of vitamin A