If you only have 20-30 minutes in which you want to prepare a portion of healthy and delicious lunch for your loved ones, you can try this Mediterranean recipe of black spaghetti with an aromatic avocado pesto sauce along with baby spinach and sauteed cherry tomatoes.
It is very easy to prepare, and the flavors that come together will make you feel like you are in a place on the shores of the Mediterranean.
Black pasta is a new hit among gourmets. A dish that was eaten only by fishing families across the Mediterranean shores is becoming a global delicacy, and cuttlefish, from whose ink it gets its color, has been declared a superfood.
Black spaghetti is probably one of those delicacies that you think you can only eat when you visit a better restaurant, of course, if you want to experience unusual dishes, you can easily prepare this specialty at home as well.
Why would I cook black spaghetti with pesto?
Because they are delicious. And nutritious.
Because one of the main ingredients, avocado, is a very nutritious fruit and one of the cleanest and most unprocessed exotic fruits sold on the market.
Because it is a very versatile recipe and can be easily adapted to your taste – greens, spices, and ingredients according to preference. Experience is the order word.
Because it is a quick recipe with everything from boiling the pasta and preparing the sauce in the blender, we have a nutritious and delicious meal in 25 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
So let’s see what are the ingredients and how this delicious recipe is made:
Ingredients for the black spaghetti:
- 350 g whole black spaghetti (with Cuttlefish ink)
- A handful of baby spinach
- 1 red onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
Ingredients for the silky pesto:
- 1 ½ avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 50 g pine seeds
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 40 g Parmesan cheese.
1. Remove the seeds from the 2 avocados, then cut 1 ½ fruits into cubes and put them in the blender together with the rest of the ingredients. Blend well until pesto is obtained.
2. Fill half of the remaining avocado with 1 tsp of avocado paste. Garnish with a few pine nuts. The remaining paste is saved for pasta.
3. Boil water with salt. When it boils, add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the package then drain.
4 Meantime, cook the red onion in a non-stick skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil for 2-3 minutes at medium heat, then add the baby spinach and the halved cherry tomatoes and saute for 3-4 minutes until softened.
5. Put the pasta over the spinach, add the avocado pesto, and mix. It can be decorated with basil leaves, grated parmesan, and pine nuts.
6. They are served alongside the stuffed avocado. You can decorate them with fresh basil and mint leaves, pine nuts, and grated parmesan cheese.
This extraordinary plate combines some delicious flavors and beautiful textures to create a sensational experience for the senses.
The striking visual appeal of the dish is undeniable. The dark, velvety strands of black spaghetti elegantly intertwine with the vibrancy of the green pesto, creating a stunning contrast that immediately captures attention.
The addition of fresh, bright cherry tomatoes adds a burst of color and sweetness to the composition, further enhancing its visual allure.
However, the true magic lies in the incredible taste of this plate. The creaminess of the pesto, with its mild fragrance, coats the black spaghetti, infusing it with a luscious texture.
The combination of spinach and mint adds a refreshing and herbaceous note, providing a nice balance to the plate’s richness. The juicy cherry tomatoes bring a burst of tangy sweetness.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Recipe: Pasta with Mushrooms and Pumpkin
- Best Homemade Creamy Chicken with Quinoa, Broccoli, and Spinach (Healthy Keto, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Lunch)
- How To Make Quick Healthy Keto Lunch: Chicken Breast and Blue Cheese
- Keto Lunch: How to Make Healthy Stuffed Mushrooms with Chicken Breast and Veggies
- Healthy Flavorful Lunch: Fettuccine Pasta with Shrimp Spinach and Basil