Known as the homeland of pasta, Italy has made famous its preparation of fish, meat, vegetables, cheese, and sauces. The special taste is given using fresh vegetables and shrimps of the highest quality.
Lunchtime can be a drag. Most of us eat at our desks, and we spend it thinking about the next break we can have and when we’ll get to eat again. But it doesn’t have to be that way! All you need is a little imagination and a willingness to try something new.
I chose to prepare a healthy, flavorful, and spicy recipe for lunch today – pasta with juicy shrimp, cherry tomatoes, and spinach.
This healthy dish is bursting with flavor, but it’s also extremely easy to make. If you’re looking for a quick and simple meal that looks and tastes like it took hours to prepare, this is the one for you.
The pasta takes just a few minutes to boil, and then it’s tossed in with spinach, basil, and shrimp for a robust filling that’s sure to satisfy your hunger.
It’s a good idea to keep some cooked shrimp on hand; they’re easy to cook in batches, and they freeze well if you don’t want to worry about them going bad.
If you like seafood, this dish is a perfect meal, delicious, quick, and easy. A serving of pasta with fresh vegetables should not have more than 300 calories.
Pasta and vegetable mix is a tasty and healthy dish that is cooked in a very short time. In less than 30 minutes you can get a healthy and delicious lunch that will surely be to everyone’s taste.
You must try this dish!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
• 300 g pasta (you can use Fettuccine, Tagliatelle, Penne, or Linguini, I chose Fettuccine)
• 500 g Shrimp, peeled
• 250 g Cherry tomatoes (halved)
• 150 g spinach (baby or regular)
• 4 chopped fresh basil leaves
• 1 medium chopped shallot
• 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
• 2 tbsp Olive oil
• 80 g butter
• 80 ml dry white wine
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• ½ tsp lemon zest
• Salt (to taste)
• Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
• 1 tsp chili
• Fresh chopped parsley
• Fresh chopped dill.
Ingredients for the green salad:
• 1 handful of lettuce
• 1 handful of spinach
• 1 shallot
• 1 radish
• Freshly ground pepper
For the dressing:
• Soy sauce/ balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
• Lemon juice
• 1 tbsp of honey/ agave syrup.
1. In a large pot of water and salt, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Once ready, drain and season with olive oil, then set aside.
2. In a medium pan, add the olive oil and half of the amount of butter, and after it has reached an optimum temperature add the shallot and cook over medium heat until translucent. Now add the garlic and chili and cook for another minute.
3. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side) until reddish. Once they are ready, they are taken out on a plate and kept warm. WARNING: Overcooked shrimp become rubbery!
4. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, remaining butter, and wine to the pan and bring to a boil.
5. Add the spinach, freshly chopped basil leaves, and cherry tomatoes, season again with salt and pepper, and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach is softened. At the end add the shrimp, and the pasta and mix all the ingredients,
6. Season with chopped parsley and dill and serve hot.
The dish can be served as such, or with a salad of greens (lettuce and wild garlic or spinach), shallots, radishes, coarse salt, freshly ground pepper, olive oil, honey, and lemon juice.
A glass of white, semi-dry, cold wine is a must.
Pasta with spinach, basil, and cherry tomatoes: Pasta is the perfect choice when you want to prepare something filling and energizing. If you combine them with seafood and fresh vegetables, the result will be a delicacy that you will want to have on the table as often as possible.
Let’s face it: most of the time, we don’t have the time to come up with in-depth, flavorful meals for lunch. We’re always looking for something that can give us lasting energy to power through the rest of our day, and still be easy enough to eat on the run.
That’s where this Fettuccine Pasta with Spinach, and Basil comes in. It’s a simple dish that delivers a big taste and nutrition, it’s full of protein thanks to the shrimp and pasta; vitamins A, C, and K from the spinach; and iron from the basil.
It’s perfectly filling without being heavy or too large a portion size to eat right away. Best of all, it’s ready in about 25 minutes so you can get back to work!
Try the recipe above and you will be convinced. It’s excellent, healthy, and has a slightly spicy and aromatic taste. It can be consumed on an empty stomach or on a diet.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Super delicious and healthy recipes: sea bream on a bed of vegetables
- 3 fast delicious low carbs recipes for lunch
- Healthy chicken breast with creamy turmeric sauce and mushrooms – low-carb recipe
- Low-carbs delicious chicken breast with spinach, onion, garlic, and turmeric
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Recipe: Pasta with Mushrooms and Pumpkin
- Best Homemade Creamy Chicken with Quinoa, Broccoli, and Spinach (Healthy Keto, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Lunch)