If you want to know what heaven tastes like, look no further than this pistachio ice cream with double cherry jam and puree.
This pistachio ice cream has a cherry twist, so it’s not all about the pistachio flavor, there are also chunks of real, juicy cherries in every bite. It’s like a cherry pie but without all that pesky crust business.
The pistachio and cherry flavors come together to create an ice cream experience unlike any other. It’s like eating a bowl of dessert and smelling a bouquet at the same time.
This double cherry and pistachio ice cream it’s creamy, light, fluffy, and sweet, and it’s got that extra kick from the cherry flavor.
And then there’s the pistachio, it’s nutty and rich, but not too overpowering. The combination is just perfect!
Before moving to the presentation of this delicious ice cream recipe, let’s talk a little about one of the main ingredients, namely: Pistachio.
The pistachio is a green nut with a distinctive flavor and texture. It is most commonly eaten raw, but can also be ground into pistachio butter or paste and added to salads, desserts, pastries, or even savory dishes.
Pistachios are high in protein and fiber and are a good source of vitamin B3 and vitamin E.
Pistachios are a good source of fiber, protein, and monounsaturated fats.
Nutritional information for 100 g:
Calories: 557 g
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Proteins: 20 g
Fats: 44.4 g
Fibers: 10 g
Salt: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g/
Here are 9 benefits of pistachio:
1. Pistachios are a good source of protein and fiber, which can help you feel full longer.
2. Pistachios are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower inflammation and improve your overall health.
3. Pistachios increase your heart health by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol and increasing HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
4. Pistachios may help protect your brain from Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and other neurological diseases by slowing the progression of these conditions or reducing their symptoms.
5. Pistachios are rich in antioxidants that work to fight free radicals and prevent cell damage caused by oxidation, which can lead to cancer and heart disease over time if left unchecked!
6. Pistachios have been shown to reduce blood pressure by an average of 2 points within 4 weeks of starting a daily diet regimen that includes at least 20% pistachio nuts per day, which means they could be just as effective as some prescription medications at treating hypertension!
7. Pistachio nuts have been shown to reduce triglyceride levels by an average of 11% after consuming 1 ounce per day for 8 weeks; this effect was more pronounced in people.
- 400 g fresh seedless cherries (light red)
- 400 g fresh seedless cherries (dark)
- 400 g heavy cream (30% fat)
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted and tempered)
- 5 tablespoons of agave syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp of lemon essence
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 200 g dark chocolate for dipping if you also use molds
- 200 g white chocolate for dipping + Red bio food coloring (optional).
Ingredients for the pistachio butter:
- 300 g raw pistachios (from which you will get 150 g of pistachio butter)
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
INSTRUCTIONS for this fabulous double cherry jam and pistachio ice cream:
Make the pistachio butter:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the pistachios in a tray lined with baking paper and leave in the oven for 10-12 minutes, so that they roast.
3. After they have cooled to room temperature, put them in the food processor and mix for 4-5 minutes, until the oils are released, forming a creamy paste. Use a spatula to remove the pistachios from the sides of the bowl.
4. Put in a hermetically sealed jar and keep in the fridge.
Note: If you are not toasting the pistachio and using additional oil (sunflower oil), add the oil to the blender, then the almonds.
Make the cherry jam/ puree:
5. Put the loaf pan in which you will pour the ice cream, in the freezer for 30 minutes, before you start making the ice cream.
6. Wash the cherries well under running water, remove the seeds and tails, then put them in 2 pots on the fire and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Take them out of the fire. From the light red ones we will make a puree, so blend, then pass them through a sieve. The other half will remain as a jam. Let them cool at room temperature,
Make the filling:
8. Put the full-fat coconut milk, heavy cream, agave syrup, lemon extract, and lemon juice in a bowl and beat with a mixer (not too much, maybe 3 minutes). In the end, add the melted and cooled coconut oil, and mix for another 10 seconds.
9. Divide the cream evenly into 3 bowls, add in the 1st one, the cherry jam cream, in 2nd the pistachio butter filling, and in in the 3rd the cherry puree cream, and incorporate with a spatula until completely incorporated.
Assembling the ice cream layers:
10. Remove the loaf pan from the freezer, line it with baking paper, then pour the first layer of cherry puree cream, cover it with cling film, and put it back for 1 ½ hours.
11. Remove the pan from the freezer, pour the second layer with the pistachio cream, cover it with cling film, and put it back for 1 ½ hours.
12. Remove the pan from the freezer, pour the 3rd layer with the cherry jam cream, then put back overnight.
If you are using silicone molds to make popsicles:
The same instructions as on the loaf pan.
1st layer – pour the cherry puree cream, up into the freezer for 30 minutes
2nd layer – pour the pistachio butter, then back in the freezer for 30 minutes
In the 3rd layer – pour the cherry jam cream. then back in the freezer for 2 hours.
Melt the white chocolate (optional, add red bio food coloring), let it temperate, take the popsicles out of the freezer, run the sides of the case under warm water to loosen the popsicle enough to remove, dip in the chocolate, and hold for a few seconds in the hands until it hardens, then place it on a plate.
Serve this pistachio butter ice cream:
15-20 minutes before serving, remove the casserole/ loaf pan and leave it at room temperature. Then serve it in a bowl/cup.
Cool the cups in which you are going to serve the ice cream well. Put them in the freezer for 20-25 minutes, so the ice cream will not melt as soon as it is put in them.
If you’re looking for a delicious, velvety ice cream that’s also scented, look no further than my double cherry and pistachio ice cream! It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory, with a smooth texture.
This delicious treat is made with fresh cherries, pistachios, and all-natural ingredients. The result is an ice cream with a rich flavor and creamy texture that will leave you wanting more.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Ultra-Creamy and Refreshing Lemon Curd and Wild Blueberry Ice Cream (Keto, Sugar-Free)
- Super Creamy Keto Matcha Avocado and Coconut Ice Cream (Vegan, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)
- The Most Creamy and Aromatic Blackberry Wild Blueberries Lavender Ice Cream (Keto, Vegan, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Homemade Refreshing Cantaloupe, Sour Cherries, Mint, and Basil Ice Cream (Vegan, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free Recipe)
- How to Make the Best Creamy and Scented Mango Pineapple Kiwi Vegan Ice Cream
- How to Make the Best and Unique Dark Chocolate Strawberry and Coffee Liqueur Ice Cream