Certainly, in the warm season, the most suitable dessert is ice cream. Today, I offer you a delicious and easy-to-prepare recipe.
Matcha, avocado, and coconut ice cream, a cool, super creamy, and delicious dessert that is perfect for hot summer days, as a bonus is also healthy, being a keto, vegan, sugar-free, and dairy-free recipe.
A simple, healthy dessert, rich in antioxidants, but at the same time sophisticated and very fashionable. Matcha tea-based sweets have flooded Asia and are making their way to Europe with perseverance.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious, creamy, dairy-free, vegan, sugar-free ice cream, let’s see some information and benefits of the main ingredient: Matcha.
Matcha is an assortment of tea whose leaves are turned into powder. What kind of tea? Green tea, of course, because is made from the leaves of the tea plant.
Praised by the world’s leading nutritionists and health professionals, matcha is a special type of green tea. It has a high quality (most), it is finely ground, super-concentrated. It is the tea traditionally used in a tea ceremony in Japan for hundreds of years.
Matcha is considered one of the most effective remedies for weight loss to food that helps prevent the appearance of cancer cells, due to the multitude of antioxidants.
Compared to a regular cup of green tea (one of the other assortments), matcha contains 137 times more antioxidants.
Matcha tea, although it has properties similar to green tea, does not have as much caffeine. The difference in caffeine between the two drinks is not great, but it exists.
However, the energy it gives you is enough for you to start a new day!
Calories and nutritional values of Matcha tea:
Matcha is low in calories, but so rich in nutrients:
• Is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K, and vitamin B complexes
• Contains minerals, including selenium, chromium, zinc, and magnesium
• It is rich in antioxidants
• Contains a high level of dietary fiber that helps in the weight loss process
• The presence of amino acids such as L-theanine and theophylline in matcha tea and various matcha mix makes it a drink full of nutrients.
8 Benefits of Matcha Tea:
• Matcha tea fights cancer with a strong antioxidant effect
• Helps protect the liver
• Helps burn fat
• Fight viruses and bacteria
• Strengthens the immune system
• Lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) levels
• It helps you to be full of energy
• Matcha detoxifies the body naturally and effectively.
Prep Time: 15-Minutes
Total Time: 15-Minutes
Servings: 1,5 L
• 400 g of coconut cream
• 1 cut fresh coconut
• 1 cup almonds soaked overnight
• 1 well-baked avocado
• 120 g condensed milk (find here my dairy-free, vegan, sugar-free homemade condensed milk recipe)
• 1 tablespoon matcha powder
• 1 teaspoon of raw cocoa powder
• ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
• The juice from ½ lime
We can decorate this super creamy and delicious ice cream with coconut flakes, avocado, Matcha, chocolate chips, candied fruit, or cashews, almonds, crushed pistachios. raspberries (50 g), mint leaves.
1. Peel the avocado.
2. Rinse well and squeeze the cashews.
3. Open the coconut, cut it into small pieces, rinse well, and squeeze.
4. Beat the cream together with the condensed milk in the mixer until it hardens well (the cream must be beaten well in the mixer to have a creamy consistency, this prevents the formation of crystals after freezing)
5. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, using a blender.
6. Incorporate the composition thus obtained in the cream of coconut cream with a spatula until smooth. Set aside 2 tbsp of the composition.
7. Place the composition thus obtained in the casserole/molds, then place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
8. After 30 minutes, take the casserole out of the freezer and mix the ice cream with a wooden spoon or spatula. Regular mixing of the composition will prevent the formation of ice crystals.
9. Put the casserole in the freezer again and repeat the mixing every 30 minutes until the ice cream becomes creamy (2-3 hours). In the last mix, add the raspberries and incorporate them with a spatula.
10. Add ¼ tsp of Matcha over the composition left aside, mix well until perfectly incorporated, pour over the ice cream, and with the back of a spoon draw swirls, add crushed almonds, coconut flakes, and raspberries, and put in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
Serve for this matcha, avocado, coconut ice cream:
If you are using the traditional plastic molds, run the sides of the case under warm water to loosen the popsicle enough to remove.
Before serving for 15 minutes, remove the ice cream casserole and leave it at room temperature. Then serve it in a bowl/cup.
• When serving, I recommend that you keep the ice cream scoop in warm water before forming the globes. This way we will get beautiful globes that will easily come off the ice cream scoop.
• Cool the cups in which you are going to serve the ice cream well. Put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, and so the ice cream will not melt as soon as it is put in them.
• The eternal problem of homemade ice cream is represented by ice cream needles, those small ice crystals, slightly unsightly. Well, this problem can be solved. By adding fatty ingredients such as liquid cream, coconut cream, coconut kernel, 10% Greek yogurt, condensed milk, and alcohol.
• Adding fatty ingredients helps the composition in terms of stability, but also texture.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my Super creamy keto Matcha, avocado, and coconut ice cream recipe?
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Homemade natural recipe of bananas and strawberries Popsicle
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with dates filling
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Vegan Cashew and Raspberry Ice Cream
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Sour
- Cherry and Chocolate Chunks Ice Cream
- Delicious Homemade Low Carbs, Sugar-Free Berry Ice Cream
- Summer Flavor Madness: Melon, Cantaloupe, and Berries Sugar-Free Homemade Ice Cream