This endless heat makes me think of something refreshing every few minutes. So today, I decided to make refreshing cantaloupe ice cream.
This homemade cantaloupe. sour cherries, mint, basil ice cream is a vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free recipe. It is refreshing, very easy to make, the basic cream for cantaloupe ice cream is prepared in a few minutes, all you need is a blender and a mixer.
Since the watermelon, cantaloupe season started, I buy them two or three times a week. The cantaloupe from which we make ice cream must be ripped, sweet and fragrant. There are melons with an orange core or yellow-green core.
For a more pleasant taste, I decided to put a little lemon juice in this cantaloupe mint basil ice cream.
It results in about 1 l of vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free, egg-free cantaloupe ice cream.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1,2 liters of cantaloupe ice cream
• 450 g cantaloupe core
• ½ cup pitted sour cherries
• 250 ml coconut cream
• The pulp from 1 coconut
• 50 g Stevia sweetener
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1 pinch of salt
• 4-5 chopped fresh mint leaves
• 5 freshly chopped basil leaves
1. I washed the cantaloupe, cut it at one end, and dug out the seeds. Then I cut the core into cubes.
2. Wash the sour cherries, squeeze them well, and remove the seeds.
3. Open the coconut, cut it into small pieces, rinse well, and squeeze.
4. Put the cantaloupe cubes, add half of the sweetener in a blender and mix them until they turn into a puree.
5. Put the cantaloupe puree in a pot and simmer until it hardens, take it aside, then let it cool.
6. Put the cantaloupe puree, coconut pulp, lemon juice, the chopped mint and basil leaves, and salt (salt highlights these flavors) in a blender and mix until they turn into a creamy paste.
7. Mix the coconut cream with the remaining sweetener until it hardens well.
8. Pour the cream into a bowl and gradually add the cantaloupe paste carefully. We no longer use the mixer but mix gently with a spatula.
9. If you do not have an ice cream maker, you will put the composition directly in a box with a lid, or a loaf pan, and put it in the freezer overnight.
9. After 30 minutes, take the casserole out of the freezer and mix the ice cream. Regular mixing of the composition will prevent the formation of ice crystals. Add the sour cherries and incorporate them with a spatula.
10. Put the casserole back in the freezer and repeat the mixing every 30 minutes until the ice cream becomes creamy (2-3 hours). In the last mix, add sour cherries, pieces of cantaloupe, coconut flakes, and chopped almonds.
Serve for this cantaloupe, mint, basil ice cream:
Before serving for 15 minutes, remove the ice cream casserole and leave it at room temperature. Then serve it in a bowl/cup.
A “madness” of cantaloupe, sour cherries, mint, and basil ice cream came out: creamy, very fine, and fragrant! The lime gives it a pleasantly sour taste, exactly what it lacks on cantaloupe.
I dug out with an ice cream scoop, small globes from the pulp of half of the remaining cantaloupe. I arranged the ice cream in well-cooled cups, beforehand, in the fridge, alternating the ice cream balls with the cantaloupe ones.
It’s one of the most delicious and refreshing fruit ice cream recipes!
• When serving, I recommend that you keep the ice cream scoop in warm water before forming the globes. This way we will get beautiful globes that will easily come off the ice cream scoop.
• Cool the cups in which you are going to serve the ice cream well. Put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, and so the ice cream will not melt as soon as it is put in them.
• The eternal problem of homemade ice cream is represented by ice cream needles, those small ice crystals, slightly unsightly. Well, this problem can be solved by adding fatty ingredients such as liquid cream, coconut cream, coconut kernel, 10% Greek yogurt, condensed milk, and alcohol.
• Adding fatty ingredients helps the composition in terms of stability, but also texture.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Homemade natural recipe of bananas and strawberries Popsicle
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Sour Cherry and Chocolate Chunks Ice Cream
- Delicious Homemade Low Carbs, Sugar-Free Berry Ice Cream
- Summer Flavor Madness: Melon, Cantaloupe, and Berries Sugar-Free Homemade Ice Cream
- Ultra-Creamy and Refreshing Lemon Curd and Wild Blueberry Ice Cream (Keto, Sugar-Free)
- Super Creamy Keto Matcha Avocado and Coconut Ice Cream (Vegan, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)
- The Most Creamy and Aromatic Blackberry Wild Blueberries Lavender Ice Cream (Keto, Vegan, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free)