I have always liked ice cream and it doesn’t matter if it was with fruits or chocolate! It was important to be cold and cool me on hot summer days or just as a dessert!
A combination of sweet and sour, the sour cherries have great health benefits. From fighting insomnia to burning calories, here are the benefits of these fruits in the daily diet.
Sour Cherries Benefits
• Sour Cherries are full of antioxidants.
• Sour Cherries also provide a healthy dose of Vitamin C, which is essential for strengthening the immune system.
• Fight insomnia – from time to time, eat 10 or 20 sour cherries immediately after dinner and before going to bed and you will have no problems sleeping.
• Prevent cancer
• Helps you lose weight – unlike cherries, sour cherries contain less sugar than these. They are also recommended in diets due to the potassium that helps you burn calories faster and gives you optimal energy for the proper functioning of the body.
• Fights digestive problems – the fiber content of these small fruits helps you fight digestive problems. They also have a laxative effect, beneficial in treating mild constipation.
I can say that I tried various ice cream recipes, but I didn’t like any, like this healthy & delicious homemade sugar-free sour cherries and chocolate chunks ice cream! More it is made very quickly and does not require separating the eggs or adding all kinds of unhealthy powders.
• 250 g seedless sour cherries (fresh or frozen)
• 70 g of chocolate (at least 70% chocolate)
• 4 tablespoons of honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 400 ml of sour cream for whipped cream (minimum 35% fat)
• 250 ml of condensed milk
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Method of preparation
1. Wash the sour cherries well, remove the tails and seeds, then drain in a strainer for 1 hour.
2. Put in a blender.
3. Cut the chocolate into small pieces.
4. Put the cream and milk in a saucepan, add the honey and heat together until the honey melts and is close to boiling. It doesn’t have to boil!
5. Add the vanilla essence and allow it to cool. Add the composition of the sour cherries, finely chopped chocolate and lemon juice and leave in the fridge for 2 hours, then add to the ice cream maker for 20 minutes.
6. If we do not have an ice cream maker, we put the composition in a bowl (casserole) and put it in the freezer.
7. Stir every half hour (6 x) for creaminess and to avoid the formation of ice crystals.
30 minutes before serving, take the casserole out of the freezer into the fridge, so that it can be handled more easily. With the help of an ice cream tongs, we will slice and serve with fresh cherries, mint, chocolate, or any other combination you like.
If you love this Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Sour Cherry and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream as much as I do, please be sure to share it on Facebook, and Pinterest
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.