Quite often it heats us the sensation of enjoying something sweet :)) we want something good that will delight our taste buds. For this reason, it is good to have a supply of healthy sweets, preferably without the multitude of commercial preservatives.
These almond snack bars stuffed with dates are a healthy dessert, which we can prepare very quickly at home, they are very tasty, also, are gluten-free.
The bars go served with tea, coffee, or a glass of milk. The perfect combination of flavors in this little desert will pleasantly surprise you.
Dates are sweet snacks and contain calcium, amino acids, manganese, copper, magnesium, iron, potassium, and phosphorus. The recipe is great considering the richness of the nutrients, especially the filling of the dates.
Almonds are effective against diabetes and support the health of the heart, bones, and teeth. They have beneficial effects on the brain, and if you want to enjoy delicacies and lose weight at the same time, almonds are a reliable ally.
Calories 130 Kcal
Carbs 10 g
• 150 g of almond flour (ground almonds)
• 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
• 2 tablespoons Agave syrup
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 100 g dried dates (or figs)
• 4 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for these almond snack bars:
1. In the blender/robot, mix the dates with lemon juice and vanilla extract until you get a thick, even composition.
2. In the blender/robot, mix the almond flour, melted coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract until you obtain a dough, then put it in the fridge for 15 minutes. Remove the dough from the fridge and spread it in a tray lined with baking paper.
3. Cover it with another baking paper and roll the composition into a rectangle. The narrower and longer the rectangle, the more sticks will result.
4. When you get the desired shape, pour the filling composition over the dough, leaving a space of 0.5 cm around the edges.
5. Fold the other portion (the unfilled one) over the filling and level the edges.
6. Carefully cut the bars into small pieces using a knife (do not separate them because they will come off) and bake at 180 ° C for 25 minutes until browned.
As you can see, making these snack bars is a very simple process. You don’t have to be vegan, gluten-free or paleo to enjoy them (I’m none of the above and I did!). You just need dates, almonds, coconut oil, and honey (if you’re not allergic) or another nut of your choosing, a good food processor, and 15 minutes of your time.
The next time you get an urge for something sweet, try this very healthy snack bar instead of the much less nutritious chocolate bar that most likely isn’t good for you.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- A delicious recipe from childhood: biscuits salami
- A delicious dessert of fall: pears in the oven filled with honey, nuts, and cinnamon
- Autumn delight: apples cooked with nuts, raisins, and almonds
- Delicious chocolate and almonds muffins (without flour)
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer