The high temperatures outside convince us more and more often to visit the freezer for a portion of refreshing ice cream. Instead of consuming the classic vanilla ice cream or chocolate rich in calories and fat, it would be better to treat yourself to a cool and healthy dessert, such as a melon, cantaloupe, and berries sugar-free ice cream.
This summer flavor madness melon, cantaloupe and berries ice cream recipe is extremely quick and easy to make, so you don’t spend too much time in the kitchen.
The melon from which we make ice cream must be ripe, sweet, and fragrant.
Preparation + cooking time
1 liter of ice cream
• 250 g of melon + cantaloupe core
• 200 g of blackberries and blueberries
• 250 ml of condensed milk
• 300 ml of whipped cream with min. 30% fat
• 50 g (3 tablespoons) of honey, or agave syrup
• 15 ml of lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Wash the watermelon, cut it at one end, and dug out the seeds. Then, cut the fruit into slices. I then cleaned the peels and cut the core into cubes.
2. Wash the berries well.
3. Weighed 250 g of ready-cut melon.
4. I put the melon pieces and berries in the blender and processed them.
5. Then I added honey and mixed with a whisk. Finally, I added the 15 ml of lemon juice,
6. I put the dish in the cold for at least 30 minutes (in the fridge).
7. The cream should be cold (stay cold for 5-6 hours). Simply beat until it hardens 80%. We don’t beat her at 100%. It needs to be softer
8. Then gradually add, carefully the melon and berries puree. We no longer use the blender but mix gently with a spatula.
9. Prepare the ice cream maker and pour the composition into it. If you do not have an ice cream maker, you will put the composition directly in a box with a lid and put it in the freezer. You will need to stir the ice cream every 30 minutes to prevent ice crystals from forming.
Service of melon, cantaloupe, and berries sugar-free ice cream
The melon, and berries sugar-free ice cream turned out wonderful, very fragrant! It must be removed from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving to soften a little.
Slice lightly with a special spoonful of ice cream and serve in cold cups, also kept in the freezer or refrigerator. An ice cream craze: fine, slightly sour, and flavorful!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.