In hot or cold weather, ice cream is always an appetizing dessert. However, it is a large number of simple sugars and makes it an unhealthy choice when it comes to a proper lifestyle. The idea is: if the problem is sugar, let’s get rid of it!
It is possible to make a sugar-free strawberry ice cream and benefit from the properties of strawberries, rich in vitamins C and E and an excellent source of iron and calcium, in addition, it is a vegan, and dairy-free recipe. We will hardly lose the flavor, and we will reduce the calories.
The strawberry is a fruit that, in addition to boasting a lower glycemic index than other fruits, provides large amounts of antioxidants. With an important contribution of 85% vitamins composed of water and rich in fiber, it will regulate our blood sugar level and keep us saturated.
To prepare this vegan strawberry ice cream you need:
• 250 g vegan condensed milk (see here my dairy-free, vegan condensed milk recipe)
• 1 cup cashews soaked overnight in water
• 500 grams of strawberries
• 1 tbsp agave syrup
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• Juice from 1lime
• 1 tsp lime zest
• 1 pinch of salt
• ½ tsp vanilla extract.
1. Soak the cashews overnight.
2. Rinse and squeeze cashews well.
3. Melt the coconut oil.
4. Put the strawberries in a pot, add the agave syrup and stir continuously until it starts to boil. Minimize the heat, and let it simmer until the quantity is reduced by half, take the pot off the heat and let it cool.
5. Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix them until they get a creamy consistency.
6. Pour the composition into a closed container and place it in the freezer overnight.
7. After 30 minutes, take the bowl out of the freezer and mix the ice cream, at medium speed, for about 2-3 minutes. Regular mixing of the composition will prevent the formation of ice crystals.
8. Put the bowl back in the freezer and repeat the mixing every 30 minutes until the ice cream becomes creamy (3-4 hours).
9. In the last mixture, add pieces of strawberries and finely chopped cashews and incorporate them well into the composition.
Serve for this vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free strawberry cashew ice cream:
Before serving for 15 minutes, remove the ice cream casserole and leave it at room temperature. Then serve it in a bowl/cup.
Decorate with slices of strawberries, coconut flakes, finely chopped cashews, or chocolate sauce.
• When serving, I recommend that you keep the ice cream scoop in warm water before forming the globes. This way we will get beautiful globes that will easily come off the ice cream scoop.
• Cool the cups in which you are going to serve the ice cream well. Put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, and so the ice cream will not melt as soon as it is put in them.
• The eternal problem of homemade ice cream is represented by ice cream needles, those small ice crystals, slightly unsightly. Well, this problem can be solved. By adding fatty ingredients such as liquid cream, coconut cream, coconut kernel, 10% Greek yogurt, condensed milk, and alcohol.
• Adding fatty ingredients helps the composition in terms of stability, but also texture.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Homemade natural recipe of bananas and strawberries Popsicle
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with datesfilling
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Vegan Cashew and Raspberry Ice Cream
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Sour Cherry and Chocolate Chunks Ice Cream
- Delicious Homemade Low Carbs, Sugar-Free Berry Ice Cream
- Summer Flavor Madness: Melon, Cantaloupe, and Berries Sugar-Free Homemade Ice Cream