In hot or cold weather, ice cream is always an appetizing dessert. However, it is a large number of simple sugars and makes it an unhealthy choice when it comes to a proper lifestyle. The idea is: if the problem is sugar, let’s get rid of it!
I’ve had a bit of a sweet tooth lately, so I decided to whip up a dessert that would satisfy my cravings without the added sugar and dairy. This vegan strawberry and cashew ice cream does just that, and more!
Strawberries and cashews are two ingredients that, at first glance, probably wouldn’t appear to go together very well. One’s red fruit, the other’s a white nut. One’s sweet and juicy, the other is rich and creamy.
But when you get them together in an ice cream maker, magic happens. The strawberries release their natural juices and add sweetness to the mix, the cashew lends its rich flavor (and creamy texture), and the result is dessert heaven.
This recipe is sugar-free, and dairy-free, so it’s also a great choice for anyone with a sensitivity to those ingredients. Plus, it’s super simple to make!
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious sugar-free , dairy-free dessert, let’s see some information and the benefits of the main ingredient: Strawberries.
They’re the perfect fruit, sweet and juicy, red, and often available at the grocery store all year round. Whether you prefer them fresh or frozen, we think strawberries are the kind of treat that everyone deserves on occasion.
They have a special flavor, are among the most beloved fruits, and have many health benefits. We are talking about strawberries, which are among the most recommended fruits in weight-loss diets, due to their very low caloric intake.
Consumption of strawberries is associated with weight loss, strengthening the immune system, maintaining beautiful skin, teeth whitening, and more.
Strawberries are tasty. They’re also versatile and are wonderful for so many reasons. They’re delicious dipped in chocolate or whipped cream, or even just eaten with a little salt sprinkled on top. They’re the perfect addition to smoothies, salads, and desserts.
They can be frozen and used as ice cubes in cocktails. They can act as the perfect accent to an amazing cheese plate. Their stems make them easy to handle, like grapes.
And, of course, they’re extremely versatile in baking, whole strawberries, strawberry slices, strawberry puree…the options are endless!
A few nutritional info about strawberries:
Rich in vitamin C, which helps us to form and strengthen bones and teeth, red blood cells, and collagen, strawberries help fight infections and promote iron absorption.
They are also rich in vitamin E, which promotes fertility, and contain a significant amount of minerals such as potassium, manganese, fluorine, copper, iron, and iodine.
8 Benefits of strawberries
Strawberries are the best. They’re sweet, they’re tasty, they’re pretty much always in season and they come in fun colors like red and green. And did you know there are also many health benefits to eating strawberries?
Let’s see 8 amazing benefits of this colorful fruit:
• They are low in calories
• Decreases the risk of heart disease
• Regulates blood pressure
• They have an anti-allergic effect
• Prevent constipation
• Beneficial for diabetics
• Helps treat depression
• Improve memory.
To prepare this dessert you need:
• 250 g vegan condensed milk (see here my dairy-free, vegan condensed milk recipe)
• 1 cup cashews soaked overnight in water
• 500 grams of strawberries
• 1 tbsp agave syrup
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• Juice from 1lime
• 1 tsp lime zest
• 1 pinch of salt
• ½ tsp vanilla extract.
Unlock The Simplest, Most Effective Way To Lose Weight For Good – The Custom Keto Meal Plan
1. Soak the cashews overnight.
2. Rinse and squeeze cashews well.
3. Melt the coconut oil.
4. Put the strawberries in a pot, add the agave syrup and stir continuously until it starts to boil. Minimize the heat, and let it simmer until the quantity is reduced by half, take the pot off the heat and let it cool.
5. Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix them until they get a creamy consistency.
6. Pour the composition into a closed container and place it in the freezer overnight.
7. After 30 minutes, take the bowl out of the freezer and mix the ice cream, at medium speed, for about 2-3 minutes. Regular mixing of the composition will prevent the formation of ice crystals.
8. Put the bowl back in the freezer and repeat the mixing every 30 minutes until the ice cream becomes creamy (3-4 hours).
9. In the last mixture, add pieces of strawberries and finely chopped cashews and incorporate them well into the composition.
Serve for this vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free strawberry cashew ice cream:
Before serving for 15 minutes, remove the ice cream casserole and leave it at room temperature. Then serve it in a bowl/cup.
Decorate with slices of strawberries, coconut flakes, finely chopped cashews, or chocolate sauce.
The Only 100% Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas – FDA Approved, Vegetarian, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free
• When serving, I recommend that you keep the ice cream scoop in warm water before forming the globes. This way we will get beautiful globes that will easily come off the ice cream scoop.
• Cool the cups in which you are going to serve the ice cream well. Put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, and so the ice cream will not melt as soon as it is put in them.
• The eternal problem of homemade ice cream is represented by ice cream needles, those small ice crystals, slightly unsightly. Well, this problem can be solved. By adding fatty ingredients such as liquid cream, coconut cream, coconut kernel, 10% Greek yogurt, condensed milk, and alcohol.
• Adding fatty ingredients helps the composition in terms of stability, but also texture.
It is possible to make a sugar-free strawberry ice cream and benefit from the properties of strawberries, rich in vitamins C and E and an excellent source of iron and calcium, in addition, it is a vegan, and dairy-free recipe. We will hardly lose the flavor, and we will reduce the calories.
The strawberry is a fruit that, in addition to boasting a lower glycemic index than other fruits, provides large amounts of antioxidants. With an important contribution of 85% vitamins composed of water and rich in fiber, it will regulate our blood sugar level and keep us saturated.
Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, gluten free or simply looking to change your lifestyle, this sugar free dessert is one that shouldn’t be missed. The flavor combination of strawberry and cashew is hard to beat.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Homemade natural recipe of bananas and strawberries Popsicle
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with datesfilling
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Vegan Cashew and Raspberry Ice Cream
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Sour Cherry and Chocolate Chunks Ice Cream
- Delicious Homemade Low Carbs, Sugar-Free Berry Ice Cream
- Summer Flavor Madness: Melon, Cantaloupe, and Berries Sugar-Free Homemade Ice Cream
Yes, it is! 🙂