I’ve always liked ice cream. It was my childhood sweet favorite.
A fragrant, velvety, and yet crunchy ice cream – that’s how I can best describe this healthy & delicious homemade vegan delicacy. I always “cover” it with seasonal fruits, in this case with raspberries.
It is extremely simple to make and no doubt you will amaze anyone with its special texture and taste.
• 1 cup of cashew nuts
• 1 cup of water
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup coconut flakes
• 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
• 1/2 cup raspberries to add to the freezer over ice cream
Method of preparation
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a paste.
2. Transfer to another bowl and place in the freezer.
3. After half an hour or when you notice that the ice cream starts to thicken, add 1/2 cup of raspberries and mix well.
4. Hourly remove the ice cream from the freezer and mix well to freeze evenly.
5. It should stay frozen for about 5 hours.
Serve according to preference, but I urge you during this period to try the version with lots of raspberries, or blueberries because we enjoy them for a short time in their natural state and they are too good and healthy.
The good news is that you don’t necessarily have to put coconut flakes or coconut oil, you can simply put cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts, a few tablespoons of water and your favorite sweetener, and you’ll get similar results, less crispy.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.