I think everyone likes lavender in its scent and color. This summer I prepared many kinds of ice cream, but this one seems special to me.
This time I chose fresh blackberries and blueberries to keep their vitamins.
For today’s recipe, I chose organic dried lavender in a bag. Beyond the wonderful properties of lavender, it has a delicate scent that captivates you. It perfectly complimented the flavor of my ice cream.
I recommend you try this wonderful combination of blackberry, blueberries, and lavender ice cream which is also a keto, vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free recipe!
I guarantee that you will be delighted by its aromas, and you will want to try it as often as possible throughout the summer.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free ice cream, let’s see some information and the benefits of one of the main ingredients: blackberries.
In the hot summer days, among the fruits that make waves are the blackberries that, fortunately, we find in trade even during the cold season. After eating blackberries, your body will thank you, and this is due to the benefits and impressive nutritional values that these delicious fruits contain.
Blackberries are berries that are spread all over the world and grow in abundance. Basically, from these fruits, we are allowed to eat everything: leaves, buds, fruits, and, to a lesser extent, even the root.
Nutritional information about blackberries:
This is why the consumption of blackberries is extremely beneficial for the body and why we should take advantage of them as much as possible.
Extremely good in taste, these small fruits are rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, C, E, minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, copper, and calcium, but also folic acid.
12 Benefits of Blackberries:
Here are some reasons to eat blackberries, whether you choose them fresh or frozen:
• They are high in fiber
• They are rich in Vitamin C.
• Blackberries support bone health
• Controls blood sugar
• Protects the brain
• They have a strong antioxidant effect
• Blackberries detoxify the liver
• Fight constipation
• Accelerates wound healing
• Protects the eyes
• Blackberries prevent anemia.
Blueberries fill the markets during the summer, in two variants: wild and culture. The wild ones are smaller, darker in color, a little sourer, and more fragrant. The cultivated ones are bigger, with a lighter color, towards purple, and with a less intense aroma.
Whatever you choose, you can enjoy the same benefits, provided by the blueberries. Outside of the warm season, you can also opt for frozen blueberries, which retain about 90% of the nutrients.
The nutritional value of blueberries
Blueberries are among the healthiest fruits due to their high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They help prevent and treat infections and fight free radical damage.
Blueberries are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, manganese, copper, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium. They are also rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamin complex, being an important source of antioxidants.
Consuming blueberries as a snack between meals or even at breakfast helps you maintain a high level of energy, satiety, and even satisfaction because they are tasty.
11 Benefits of Wild Blueberries:
• Wild blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fruits
• Blueberries neutralize free radicals that can promote disease in the body
• Strengthen the immune system
• Reduce blood pressure
• Blueberries help reduce fat in the abdomen
• Helps maintain healthy urinary tract
• Preserve the integrity of vision
• Blueberries maintain brain health
• Blueberries reduce the risk of developing heart disease
• Helps improve constipation and digestion
• Blueberries fight cancer.
• ½ cup of coconut water
• 2 cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours)
• 2 cups coconut pulp (finely chopped)
• 500 g fresh or frozen blackberries (450 g for cream, I add 50 g whole in the composition)
• 200 g of fresh or frozen blueberries (of which 50 g are added whole in the composition)
• 2-3 tablespoons of agave syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
• ¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence
• 1 pinch of salt
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil (liquid)
• 2 tablespoons dried lavender or 1 tbsp of lavender syrup.
Serve leisurely with crispy coconut flakes, blackberries, and blueberries.
1. Put all the ingredients in the blender, except the coconut oil and dried lavender. Process until you get a creamy texture.
2. Add coconut oil and lavender. Continue processing until the composition becomes homogeneous.
3. If you do not have an ice cream maker put the composition in a covered casserole in the freezer for at least 4 hours (I usually leave it overnight).
4. In the composition of the ice cream add 100 g of crushed blackberries and blueberries, and mix with a spatula with light movements.
5. After 30 minutes, take the casserole out of the freezer and mix the ice cream, at medium speed, for about 2-3 minutes. Regular mixing of the composition will prevent the formation of ice crystals.
6. Put the bowl back in the freezer and repeat the mixing every 30 minutes until the ice cream becomes creamy (3-4 hours).
Service for this blackberry, wild blueberries, lavender ice cream:
Before serving, remove the ice cream casserole and leave it at room temperature. Then serve it in bowls/ cups.
You can also add a raw topping of vegan chocolate, fresh blackberries, blueberries, and coconut flakes.
• When serving, I recommend that you keep the ice cream scoop in warm water before forming the globes. This way we will get beautiful globes that will easily come off the ice cream scoop.
• Cool the cups in which you are going to serve the ice cream well. Put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, and so the ice cream will not melt as soon as it is put in them.
• The eternal problem of homemade ice cream is represented by ice cream needles, those small ice crystals, slightly unsightly. Well, this problem can be solved. By adding fatty ingredients such as liquid cream, coconut cream, coconut kernel, 10% Greek yogurt, condensed milk, and alcohol.
• Adding fatty ingredients helps the composition in terms of stability, but also texture.
This keto blackberry blueberry lavender ice cream is a delicious dessert, with a fine and creamy texture, and I can guarantee that the aromas and smell of both berries and lavender will delight all your senses.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the
comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Homemade natural recipe of bananas and strawberries Popsicle
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with dates filling
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Vegan Cashew and Raspberry Ice Cream
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Sour
- Cherry and Chocolate Chunks Ice Cream
- Delicious Homemade Low Carbs, Sugar-Free Berry Ice Cream
- Summer Flavor Madness: Melon, Cantaloupe, and Berries Sugar-Free Homemade Ice Cream