Although Tabata is a relatively new concept, it has established itself as one of the most difficult types of training. However, there is a reason why more and more athletes, as well as simple sports enthusiasts, become followers of this high-intensity training interval: Tabata training is incredibly effective, and a training session lasts only 4 minutes!
Today, in episode 4 of the Tabata Training, I’m going to bring you to a 4 minute-routine comprise of 4 exercises repeated twice. Each exercise will be performed for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest.
Today’s exercises are:
1) Squat Jumps on the aerobic step
2) Knee Push-up
3) Side to Side on the Aerobic Step
4) Jumping Rope
1. Squat Jumps on the aerobic step
This exercise targets the quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, calves, and the core.
Equipment Needed: Box, aerobic step, sturdy bench, or chair
How to do:
The key is to start with a low box to get accustomed to the movement—select something between 12- to 15-inches in height, depending on your level of confidence and strength.
• Stand in front of a secured box or bench at an appropriate height for your ability. It’s always better to start lower and work your way up.
• The higher the box is, the further away you need to stand.
• Dip down into a quarter squat position, then quickly explode your hip and legs upward while swinging your arms in the air to propel yourself on top of the box.
• Land softly on the box and come to a standing position.
• Slowly step off the box back into starting position.
2. Knee Push-up
You want to add push-ups to your fitness repertoire but you aren’t quite ready to rep them out?
Try incorporating knee push-ups to your chest or triceps workouts as a way to build up strength. Do this and you will be well on your way to being able to rep out normal push-ups.
How to do:
• Place the knees on the floor, the hands below the shoulders and cross your feet
• Keeping your back straight, start bending the elbows until your chest is almost touching the floor.
• Pause and push back to the starting position.
3. Side to Side on the Aerobic Step
Picture Source: Pinterest
The side-to-side box skip is an explosive lower-body exercise that involves jumping laterally over a bench or box, landing with one foot on top of the surface, and then switching positions. It primarily targets the muscles of the lower body but is also a serious cardiovascular challenge.
Equipment Needed: Box, aerobic step, sturdy bench
How to do
• Start off standing to one side of a box with your left foot resting in the middle of the platform.
• Quickly jump up and over to the other side, landing with your left foot on the floor and your right foot on top of the box.
• After landing continue to shuffle back and forth across the box until you have completed the number of reps you wanted to perform.
4. Jumping Rope
When you jump the rope, you train your whole body: you will work your legs, you will work your abdomen, your arms, your heart, even your mind. Jump rope training improves endurance, agility, speed, duration, and pace, and average impact increases bone density.
How to do
• Get in the proper positioning so make sure your feet are together, slight knee bend
• Rotate the rope in small, fast circles from the wrist
• Jump only a few centimeters, and be careful not to keep your knees rigid when landing
• Maintain the rhythm of small jumps, not very far from the ground, but enough so that you do not get stuck in the rope
• Always land on the front of the foot
• Keep your spine in a neutral position and look forward
Don’t skip the warm-up, and don’t skip the cool down, both are important and help you avoid injury and can even help improve your performance.
That was today’s workout, hope you’re feeling great already 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- The Ultimate Full Body 7 Home Isometric Exercises For Women
- Top 11 Full-Body Stretching Exercises At Home For Better Flexibility
- Best Quarantine Full Body At Home 20 Minutes Workout for A Truly Fit Body – 2 Circuits
- 2020 Full Body 8 Weeks Summer Shredding Challenge Schedule
- Ultimate 8 Minutes Plank Home Workout For Defined Abs
- Burn Fat Fast: 4-Minute Tabata Workout – Part 1