Lemon curd and wild blueberry ice cream is delicious, refreshing, sour, ultra-creamy, and fine, perfect for hot summer days, but also for the moments when you want such a dessert, furthermore, is keto-friendly, and sugar-free.
This homemade lemon curd wild blueberry ice cream is very easy to prepare, without unnecessary gadgets, which take up space in the house.
Ice cream is one of the simplest pleasures of life and it would be a shame not to enjoy it, the refreshing sweetness of cream with lemon flavor obtained naturally, without artificial flavors.
To prepare this ultra-creamy and refreshing lemon curd and wild blueberry ice cream, I started with the lemon curd recipe. It is a refreshing cream, with a sensational taste, which can bring extra flavor to other desserts such as cheesecakes, pancakes, tarts, Pavlova, etc.
It is important to enjoy this ultra-creamy and cool lemon curd and wild blueberries ice cream, also because it is made without an ice cream machine.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious and creamy Lemon Curd and Wild Blueberry Ice Cream , let’s see some information and benefits about one of the 2 main ingredients: Blueberries!
Blueberries fill the markets during the summer, in two variants: wild and culture. The wild ones are smaller, darker in color, a little sourer, and more fragrant. The cultivated ones are bigger, with a lighter color, towards purple, and with a less intense aroma.
Whatever you choose, you can enjoy the same benefits, provided by the blueberries. Outside of the warm season, you can also opt for frozen blueberries, which retain about 90% of the nutrients.
Blueberries are among the healthiest fruits due to their high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They help prevent and treat infections and fight free radical damage.
Nutritional information about wild blueberries:
Wild blueberries are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, manganese, copper, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium. They are also very rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamin complex, being an important source of antioxidants.
Consuming blueberries as a snack between meals or even at breakfast helps you maintain a high level of energy, satiety, and even satisfaction because they are tasty.
Wild blueberry benefits:
• Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fruits
• Blueberries neutralize free radicals that can promote disease in the body
• Reduce blood pressure
• Blueberries help reduce fat in the abdomen
• Helps maintain healthy urinary tract
• Preserve the integrity of vision
• Blueberries maintain brain health
• Blueberries reduce the risk of developing heart disease
• Helps improve constipation and digestion
• Blueberries fight cancer.
You can also read:
Here is the list of ingredients and how to prepare the ultra-creamy lemon curd and wild blueberry ice cream presented step by step below.
• 400 g Greek yogurt
• 400 ml coconut cream.
• 200 g of wild blueberries
• 300 g of Lemon Curd (find here my homemade keto, sugar-free Lemon Curd recipe).
1. I mixed the coconut cream until it thickened, then I added the Greek yogurt and I mixed until the composition was homogenous.
2. I poured the cooled lemon curd over the coconut cream composition with Greek yogurt, but I kept a little (about 6 tablespoons, and put it inside the ice cream, then at the end, for decoration).
3. I put a layer of ice cream, then 3 tablespoons of the preserved lemon curd, I incorporated the well-drained wild blueberries, and mixed them well, then I put the rest of the ice cream and lemon curd.
4. I put the lemon curd and wild blueberry ice cream in the freezer overnight.
5. After 30 minutes, take the casserole out of the freezer and mix the ice cream. Regular mixing of the composition will prevent the formation of ice crystals.
6. Put the casserole in the freezer again and repeat the mixing every 30 minutes until the ice cream becomes creamy (2-3 hours).
Serve for this lemon curd wild-blueberry ice cream:
If you are using the traditional plastic molds, run the sides of the case under warm water to loosen the popsicle enough to remove.
Before serving for 15 minutes, remove the ice cream casserole and leave it at room temperature. Then serve it in a bowl/cup.
It’s perfect ice cream, exactly to my taste. A yogurt lemon curd, and wild blueberry sugar-free ice cream, perfect for a hot summer day. It is comforting and very tasty.
I hope you try this recipe too and enjoy this creamy and refreshing lemon curd blueberry sugar-free ice cream made at home, without an ice cream machine.
This is how this delicious, ultra-creamy, and refreshing lemon curd and wild blueberry ice cream look like:
• When serving, I recommend that you keep the ice cream scoop in warm water before forming the globes. This way we will get beautiful globes that will easily come off the ice cream scoop.
• Cool the cups in which you are going to serve the ice cream well. Put them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, and so the ice cream will not melt as soon as it is put in them.
• The eternal problem of homemade ice cream is represented by ice cream needles, those small ice crystals, slightly unsightly. Well, this problem can be solved. By adding fatty ingredients such as liquid cream, coconut cream, coconut kernel, 10% Greek yogurt, condensed milk, and alcohol.
• Adding fatty ingredients helps the composition in terms of stability, but also texture.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my Refreshing Lemon Curd and Wild Blueberry Ice Cream recipe?
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Homemade natural recipe of bananas and strawberries Popsicle
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with dates filling
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Vegan Cashew and Raspberry Ice Cream
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Sugar-Free Sour
- Cherry and Chocolate Chunks Ice Cream
- Delicious Homemade Low Carbs, Sugar-Free Berry Ice Cream
- Summer Flavor Madness: Melon, Cantaloupe, and Berries Sugar-Free Homemade Ice Cream