Today I thought I’d give you my homemade Lemon and Lime Curd cream recipe. The recipe for this simple and delicious dessert with butter and egg yolks is sour, aromatic, fine, light, keto, sugar-free, in a word: exceptional!
I love lemon curd and lime curd almost equally. I’m not sure why but I always remember eating it with a spoon from the jar when I was little. It was so delicious and creamy.
I made this recipe just for fun one day and it turned out perfect! It is so good! Everyone in my family loved it.
This recipe is easy to make, the ingredients are easy to find, the preparation time is short, and the result is just amazing. The texture is smooth and velvety while the flavor is light and refreshing.
If you like citrus desserts, you will love this recipe! You can serve it as desserts by itself or as a spread on your favorite treats: Cookies, Muffins, Scones… The options are endless.
The lemon curd cream recipe is extremely widespread in the UK and the USA.
The consistency is like to that of pudding, slightly more liquid, but much finer. It can be prepared with other aromatic fruits: strawberries, raspberries, berries, mangoes, passion fruit, or oranges.
Below you will find the whole list of ingredients and how to prepare this delicious dessert step by step.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 200 g lemon curd
• The juice from 3 lemons (200 ml)
• The juice from 1 lime (50 ml)
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon lime zest
• 80 g Monk fruit sweetener (I like it sourer, but if you want it sweeter you can add more to taste)
• 3 egg yolks + 1 whole egg
• 60 g butter
• Pinch of salt.
Click for Your 8 Week Custom Keto Meal Plan for Effective and Healthy Weight Loss
1. I grate the zest from the 2 types of lemon (preferably organic), then I squeezed them.
2, I put the zests and the lemon and lime juice in a small saucepan with the egg yolks, the whole egg, the Monk fruit sweetener, and the salt, then I put them on the fire.
3. During this time I mixed continuously until the composition became a thick cream, like a pudding. I took it off the heat, let it cool for a few minutes, then incorporated the butter and mixed well until smooth.
4. Strain the cream obtained so that no traces of lemon zest or any lumps remain.
5. Place a clean foil film on top to prevent a crust from forming, and leave the dessert to cool.
6. After it has cooled, cover the jar with the lid and refrigerate the dessert until use.
What can Lemon Curd be used for?
Lemon Curd Cream is a very popular cream, that’s why it has a lot of uses:
• Can be spread on toast, biscuits, croissants
• As a topping for pancakes, waffles, ice cream
• Like cream for cakes, tarts, pies, cupcakes
• For Pavlova
• It can be added to plain yogurt to give it a special flavor
• Can be used for the lemon mousse.
The Tropical Secret for Healthy Weight Loss
Serving for this Lemon and Lime Curd Cream:
I got a delicious, fragrant, sugar-free, refreshing, and very fine Lemon and Lime Curd cream. At the moment the cream is very liquid but it thickens while sitting in the fridge (mandatory!). The melted butter in it will solidify in the cold! Let cool for a few hours.
The lemon curd should be left to cool (covered with plastic food foil glued directly to the surface of the cream) and then placed in the refrigerator for at least an hour. In fact, the cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
You can prepare the lemon curd 2-3 days in advance because it keeps well in the refrigerator (in a jar with a lid or in a closed plastic box).
Lemon curd is a sweet and tangy spread that’s perfect for filling cakes, tarts, and pastries, or even eaten with a spoon. It’s also great for flavoring drinks such as tea, lemonade, and cocktails. If you’re looking to use it in baking, it works beautifully in a lemon cake recipe.
This dessert is one of my favorite things in the world. It was one of the first recipes that I learned to make from scratch, and it’s also one of the most versatile.
It’s lusciously creamy with a sweet lemon flavor that can be used in so many ways: on top of scones, on top of pancakes, on top of a buttery pound cake, or even just by itself with a spoon. Plus, it’s very simple to make, no special equipment is needed.
But it can be hard to find high-quality lemon curd at the store, and also quite expensive if you buy it there. So I wanted to share my recipe for this dessert that you can easily whip up at home with only a few ingredients and just in 15 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my homemade refreshing lemon curd cream recipe?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Healthy Homemade Low Carbs, Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam (Keto Recipe)
- Flavored Chocolate, Orange, Crunchy Roasted Walnut, Cinnamon, Keto Fat Bombs
- No-Bake Sugar-Free 3 Layers Chocolate Sour Cherry Cheesecake Dessert
- No-Bake Sugar-Free Delicious Homemade Chocolate Sour Cherries Balls Recipe
Lemon Curd, what’s not to like? Lemon and lime curd.What’s not to love? Great recipe and love all the photos as well.
Yes indeed: what’s not to like? 🙂 I just used it today along with wild blueberries in an incredible ultra-creamy keto, sugar-free ice cream (which I will post around 2-3 weeks from now on the blog), and in some pancakes.
Love this sugar free version!
I’m glad you love it! In the past 3=4 years, I renounced like 95-98% at refined sugar, of course, there are a few guilty pleasures…. :)))