Today I thought I’d give you my homemade Lemon and Lime Curd cream recipe. The recipe for lemon and lime curd with butter and egg yolks is sour, aromatic, fine, light, keto, sugar-free, in a word: exceptional!
I’ve been eyeing this lemon curd for a long time, which I imagined was sour cream, but tasting it I realized that it is much more than that.
The lemon curd cream recipe is extremely widespread in the UK and the USA.
The consistency is similar to that of pudding, slightly more liquid, but much finer. It can be prepared with other aromatic fruits: strawberries, raspberries, berries, mangoes, passion fruit, or oranges.
Below you will find the whole list of ingredients and how to prepare the lemon and lime curd step by step.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 200 g lemon curd
• The juice from 3 lemons (200 ml)
• The juice from 1 lime (50 ml)
• 1 tbsp lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon lime zest
• 80 g Monk fruit sweetener (I like it sourer, but if you want it sweeter you can add more to taste)
• 3 egg yolks + 1 whole egg
• 60 g butter
• Pinch of salt.
1. I grate the zest from the 2 types of lemon (preferably organic), then I squeezed them.
2, I put the zests and the lemon and lime juice in a small saucepan with the egg yolks, the whole egg, the Monk fruit sweetener, and the salt, then I put them on the fire.
3. During this time I mixed continuously until the composition became a thick cream, like a pudding. I took it off the heat, let it cool for a few minutes, then incorporated the butter and mixed well until smooth.
4. Strain the cream obtained so that no traces of lemon zest or any lumps remain.
5. Place a clean foil film on top to prevent a crust from forming, and leave the lemon curd to cool.
6. After it has cooled, cover the jar with the lid and refrigerate the lemon curd until use.
What can Lemon Curd be used for?
Lemon Curd Cream is a very popular cream, that’s why it has a lot of uses:
• Can be spread on toast, biscuits, croissants
• As a topping for pancakes, waffles, ice cream
• Like cream for cakes, tarts, pies, cupcakes
• For Pavlova
• It can be added to plain yogurt to give it a special flavor
• Can be used for the lemon mousse.
Serving for this Lemon and Lime Curd Cream:
I got a delicious, fragrant, sugar-free, refreshing, and very fine Lemon and Lime Curd cream. At the moment the cream is very liquid but it thickens while sitting in the fridge (mandatory!). The melted butter in it will solidify in the cold! Let cool for a few hours.
The lemon curd should be left to cool (covered with plastic food foil glued directly to the surface of the cream) and then placed in the refrigerator for at least an hour. In fact, the cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
You can prepare the lemon curd 2-3 days in advance because it keeps well in the refrigerator (in a jar with a lid or in a closed plastic box).
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my homemade refreshing lemon curd cream recipe?
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Healthy Homemade Low Carbs, Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam (Keto Recipe)
- Flavored Chocolate, Orange, Crunchy Roasted Walnut, Cinnamon, Keto Fat Bombs
- No-Bake Sugar-Free 3 Layers Chocolate Sour Cherry Cheesecake Dessert
- No-Bake Sugar-Free Delicious Homemade Chocolate Sour Cherries Balls Recipe