A few jars of homemade strawberry jam (low carbs, sugar-free) should not be missing from the winter pantry. Even if it seems to involve a lot of time and effort, the strawberry jam is easy to prepare, with few ingredients and at hand. This is one of the most beloved jams in our country. This will be a delight for the cold winter days.
To prepare a tasty and fragrant strawberry jam, you need first of all well-cooked, healthy strawberries, without any traces of damage.
• 500 ml of freshly squeezed apple juice or you can find it on the supermarkets 100% natural
• 2 kg of strawberries
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Method of preparation:
1. Wash the strawberries well and remove the stalks.
2. Pour the apple juice into a large bowl and simmer until reduced by half
3. Add the strawberries.
4. Add the vanilla essence and lemon juice
5. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring constantly. Because I wanted a well-gelled strawberry jam, I boiled the jam 3 times for 30 minutes, with a cooling interval. That is, boil for 30 minutes, let it cool, and boil and then cool. The more viscous you want the jam to be, the more you have to boil it.
6. When it reaches the desired consistency, turn off the heat and pour the jam hot into properly sterilized jars.
7. Close the jars tightly and immediately turn them upside down (10 min), to form a vacuum; then return to the normal position and allow to cool slowly, wrapped in kitchen towels, and transfer to the pantry.
I can’t explain to you in words what this sweetness tastes like. It has absolutely nothing to do with commercial jam. The fact that it does not contain sugar makes it suitable for any diet, children, or diabetics.
Serve with toast, waffles, yogurt, cottage cheese, muffins, ice cream, just about anything.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
You may also like:
- 3 healthy and tasty dessert recipes for this summer
- Homemade natural recipe of bananas and strawberries Popsicle
- A delicious recipe from childhood: biscuits salami
- A delicious dessert of fall: pears in the oven filled with honey, nuts, and cinnamon
- Delicious chocolate and almonds muffins (without flour)
- Delicious biscuits with coconut flakes and grated apples
- Delicious homemade recipe: ladyfingers sponge cake with chocolate and oranges
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with dates filling