It’s always fun to try something new in the kitchen, and this week I decided to give myself a challenge: I wanted to make a healthy keto lunch that would be easy and quick. Fish cooks up easily, and it’s full of great nutrients. To help keep it healthy, I decided to bake the fish with some olive oil and lime juice.
The lime juice adds a lot of flavor to the fish, but I also decided to add some avocado for extra fat. Avocado has plenty of health benefits of its own, including healthy fats that are good for your heart.
It is said that a healthy diet is also based on the regular consumption of fish. However, due to lack of inspiration or convenience, we choose to quickly fry it in a pan, in an oil bath.
As a healthy alternative, I recommend this recipe for the most delicious lunch: baked fish with avocado, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and basil. It is a really tasty and healthy recipe, in addition, it is keto-friendly and extremely simple.
It is a simple recipe and it is made quickly, without prior preparations, you just have to know in advance when you feel like eating it and defrosting the fish overnight in the fridge.
6 Tricks to keep in mind when cooking fish meat
Following a few simple tricks, fish meat will have the fine aroma and flavor of dishes cooked in five-star restaurants. Here are 6 tips for getting perfectly cooked fish:
• Suitable spices for fish are pepper, rosemary, sage, oregano, basil, coriander, tarragon, saffron
• Chillis are recommended for flavoring fish filets (only if they will not be eaten by children)
• Fish has high water content, so there is no need to add water when cooking it in the oven
• Baked fish goes well with grilled vegetables (peppers, carrots, zucchini), on which you sprinkled a few drops of olive oil
• To avoid breaking the fish filet when grilling, sprinkle with lemon juice
• Whitefish can break when fried – to avoid this, salt it ten minutes before cooking.
How do you check if the fish is cooked properly?
If the recipe says that the fish should be on the fire for 30 minutes, it is best to check every seven minutes to see if it is done. Thus, you will avoid overcooking or the possibility of obtaining a dry and tasteless dish.
The fish changes color when it is ready, but you can tell if it is cooked correctly by applying the fork test. When you think it’s ready, put the fork in it. The fish must be easily separated, even on the natural lines of the meat. If this happens, it is ready.
Recommended Read: Fish for an Iron Health
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious lunch let’s see some information and benefits of one of the main ingredients: Avocado.
Although this fruit has been known for many years, it has only recently become more popular. It has a complex nutritional profile, being one of the most appreciated fruits by nutritionists.
This is a nutritious fruit, that is recommended in diets.
This fruit is not just used as food. It is also used in the cosmetics industry, medicine, and in some cases even in sweets.
How is it consumed?
Is consumed in its natural state, unheated, in salads, sandwiches, guacamole, smoothies, and shakes, but can also be placed in the form of slices on the grill (with olive oil, salt, and pepper) or introduced in soup recipes pasta, rice (along with lime and garlic).
- Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie
- Detoxifying Arugula, Avocado, and Kiwi Green Smoothie
- Fabulous Vegan Mirror Glaze Chocolate Orange Ginger Cake (No-Bake, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free)
They are a good source of fiber and can help you feel full for longer. The fiber content helps to keep blood sugar levels steady and also aids digestion.
These fruits are also very low in carbohydrates which makes them ideal for those following a low-carb diet or for those who have diabetes (type 2).
The following are just some of the many benefits of avocados:
• Increases good cholesterol levels. At the same time, it lowers the bad one (LDL)
• High fiber content prevents constipation. Helps good digestion and regulates appetite, prolonging the feeling of satiety
• Helps the optimal functioning of the immune system
• It has a beneficial role on the nervous system
• Regulates glycemic level and insulin resistance of the body. It is thus beneficial for people suffering from diabetes
• Due to its antioxidant properties, it has a role in preventing various types of cancer
• It has a beneficial role on the brain. It participates in the prevention of memory loss and is thus a fruit recommended for people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s
• Not to be neglected is the fact that avocado, due to its rich nutrient content, is recommended in cosmetic masks for hair and skin
• Helps maintain optimal vision
• Protects the liver against cirrhosis
• Maintains the health of the cardiovascular system
• Delays the aging process of the body
• Beneficial for maintaining bone health due to the content of vitamin D.
I love having a lunch that’s ready to go, that I can just grab, and take with me for the rest of the day. This baked fish with the avocado recipe is one of my favorites because it’s healthy, but still so yummy. It’s easy to make, too! Here are my step-by-step instructions:
• 1kg white fish filets (Codfish, Merluccius, Zander – I used Merluccius)
• 1 avocado (I only found small ones, that’s why I used 2)
• 250 g feta cheese
• 200 g sour cream
• 250 g cherry tomatoes
• 5 fresh basil leaves
• Salt (to taste)
• Pepper (to taste)
• ¼ teaspoon oregano
• ¼ teaspoon marjoram
• Lemon juice
• Olive oil to grease the tray.
INSTRUCTIONS for this healthy keto lunch:
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and then grease with olive oil, place the fish, and season with the spices.
2. Cut the avocado into pieces and place it over the fish, then cut the tomatoes in half or leave them whole and place them over the fish. Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish to prevent the filets from breaking.
3. Cut the feta cheese into cubes and place in the pan, then pour the sour cream and sprinkle with the chopped fresh basil (if you don’t have fresh, the dried one is also good).
4. Fish with avocado, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and basil is placed in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
It can be decorated with basil leaves.
We all know how important it is to eat healthy, especially when you’re trying to lose weight. But sometimes it can be hard to find a delicious and nutritious meal that fits into your keto diet.
This recipe for baked fish with avocado and feta cheese is not only delicious but also easy to prepare. It’s a great option when you want something light and healthy for lunch or dinner, but don’t have much time on your hands.
The best thing about this meal is that it can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, so there’s no need to worry about making an elaborate meal. This low-carb dish will also keep you fuller longer.
A healthy lunch is not only easy to make but also incredibly tasty. This baked fish recipe is the perfect example. It includes all of your favorite Mediterranean flavors: oregano, feta cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil. Plus you get a serving of protein from the fish, as well as healthy fats from the avocado.
This lunch will leave you feeling full and satisfied without making you feel guilty about any dietary restrictions that you may have. The avocado and olive oil are both low in carbs, so you don’t have to worry about this meal contributing to your weight gain or blood sugar spikes.
Fish is one of the healthiest types of meat. It contains healthy Omega 3 and Omega 6 fats and is an important source of protein. For a healthy lifestyle, doctors recommend two servings of over 200 grams per week.
I highly recommend you try this delicious and healthy lunch, believe me, you will not regret it!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- A delicious and low-calorie lunch: baked cauliflower baked with parmesan
- Super delicious and healthy recipes: sea bream on a bed of vegetables
- 3 fast delicious low carbs recipes for lunch
- Healthy chicken breast with creamy turmeric sauce and mushrooms – low-carb recipe
- Low-carbs delicious chicken breast with spinach, onion, garlic, and turmeric
- Delicious and Healthy Autumn Recipe: Pasta with Mushrooms and Pumpkin
- Best Homemade Creamy Chicken with Quinoa, Broccoli, and Spinach (Healthy Keto, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Lunch)