Many people who are interested in a healthy lifestyle are looking for information on how to make a healthy, vegan, cake at home.
Vegan chocolate orange cake is one of the best desserts this season! It’s pure decadence in every bite. But its rich chocolate flavor isn’t the only thing that makes it so special, there’s also a generous amount of avocado, orange zest, ginger, and orange juice.
And if you’re looking for a healthier dessert option, then this is just the one for you, it’s no-bake and sugar-free! It’s very easy to make, too: all you have to do is mix everything in a bowl and pour it into a spring pan for chilling.
This vegan mirror glaze chocolate orange cake would be perfect for any special occasion, holidays, birthdays, or simply when you feel like treating yourself to something extra special. It’s so divine that I recommend it to anyone who loves decadent desserts!
In the end, you will be very happy with the results, and you will enjoy a delicious dessert, only from natural ingredients and you will thus eliminate the problems related to sugar and other additives used in traditional desserts.
I propose to you the following delicious recipe for a vegan, no-bake, sugar-free, gluten-free, chocolate orange,dessert, all wrapped in a gorgeous 3 color mirror glaze.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious no-bake, sugar-free dessert, let’s see some information and the benefits of one of the main ingredients: Orange.
Juicy, fragrant, and full of vitamins, the oranges – consume them daily, because they have many benefits for the whole body. Low in calories but full of nutrients, oranges help strengthen the immune system and prevent wrinkles.
A single orange contains no less than 170 phytochemicals and over 60 flavonoids, compounds that studies say have real anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Nutritional information about oranges:
An average orange (about 154 grams) contains
- 80 calories
- 0 grams of fat
- 250 milligrams of potassium
- 19 grams of carbohydrates (14 grams of sugar and 3 grams of dietary fiber)
- 1 gram of protein.
An orange provides 130 percent of the need for vitamin C for a day, 2 percent of the need for vitamin A, 6% of calcium, and 0% of iron.
9 Health benefits of orange:
• Rich in vitamin C.
• Helps strengthen a healthy immune system
• Prevents skin damage
• Keep your blood pressure under control
• Reduces cholesterol
• Controls blood sugar levels
• Reduces the risk of cancer
• Alkalizes the body
• It is a guardian against constipation.
The Only Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas
Here’s what you need to make this no-bake, vegan, gluten-free chocolate, orange, and ginger cake.
Ingredients for the crust:
• 250 g walnuts
• 50 g cashews
• 14 pitted dates
• 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
• 1 tsp rum essence
• 1/3 cup coconut oil
Ingredients for the orange filling:
• 2 cups cashews (soaked overnight)
• 250 ml freshly squeezed orange juice (5 oranges)
• 4 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tbsp agave syrup (optional)
• Orange zest from 1 orange
• Pinch of salt
• Bio orange food coloring.
Ingredients for the chocolate filling:
• 8 ripe avocados (normally, there should be 4 normal avocados, but I only found small avocados, so I doubled the amount).
• 8 tbsp raw cacao powder
• 4 tbsp agave syrup
• 1 tsp fresh ground ginger
• 2 tbsp coconut oil.
Note: I don’t like cakes to be very sweet, but you can adjust the sweetness to your liking.
Ingredients for vegan 3 colors chocolate mirror glaze:
• 300 ml vegan condensed milk (250 ml for the dark glaze, 50 ml for the orange/ white glaze)
• 300 ml vegetable whip cream (250 ml for the dark glaze
• 60 g unsweetened raw cacao powder ( for the dark glaze)
• 70 g unsweetened vegan white chocolate ( for the dark glaze)
• 70 ml water (50 ml for the dark glaze, 20 ml for the orange/ white glaze)
• 30 g Stevia sweetener (20 g for the dark glaze, 10 g for the orange/ white glaze)
• 13 g Agar Agar powder (10 g for the dark glaze, 3 g for the orange/ white glaze)
• 80 ml water (for the agar agar)
• Bio orange food coloring
• Bio yellow food coloring
Make the crust base:
1. Put in the blender the walnuts, cashews, pitted dates, cocoa powder, rum essence, and coconut oil, and mix everything until a sticky paste is obtained.
2. Add the chocolaty base into a 26 cm springform pan and press it down, so it’s nice and smooth, then put it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Make the orange filling:
3. Add in the blender the soaked cashews, agave syrup, orange juice, melted coconut oil, a pinch of salt, and mix until it is nice and smooth. Then, add the orange zest, and the food coloring, and mix again for 5 seconds.
4. Pour the orange filling over the base and put it in the freezer for 1 hour to harden.
Make the chocolate ginger filling:
5. Cut the avocados in half, take out the seeds, then scoop out the pulp using a spoon. Put in the blender the avocado, ginger, agave syrup, coconut oil, and cocoa powder and mix until smooth and chocolatey.
6. Take your cake out of the freezer, make sure it is set and pour the chocolate filling over the orange filling and smooth with a spatula, then put in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight to set.
Make the 3 colors mirror glaze:
7. Chop the chocolate and set it aside.
8. In 1 tbsp of water put the agar agar powder and let it hydrate for 5-minutes.
9. Put in a pot the vegan condensed milk, vegetable whip cream, water, and the bloomed Agar-Agar, stir continuously, and boil for 2 minutes, at the end add the Stevia sweetener and stir for another 30 seconds.
10. Divide the glaze into 2 equal parts, add the orange and the yellow bio food coloring, then pour over the chopped chocolate and stir until perfectly incorporated, then mix with a hand blender so that you remove the air bubbles.
11. Pass the obtained composition through a sieve so that no impurities remain, thus obtaining a fine cream. Cover the glaze with a cling film to avoid creating a crust. Let it cool to 32-35 degrees after which we can pour it over the cheesecake. If you do not have a thermometer, you can take it with a spoon from the composition, and when it no longer flows like water, but as heavy cream, it is a sign that it has already reached the optimum temperature.
12. Put in a pot the vegan condensed milk, the vegetable whip cream, water, the cocoa powder, and the bloomed Agar-Agar, stir continuously, and boil for 2 minutes, at the end add the Stevia sweetener and stir for another 30 seconds, then pass through a sieve and blend with the manual blender to remove air bubbles and let it cool until it reaches the optimal temperature.
13. Pour the dark color glaze into a larger container.
14. Remove the cake from the freezer, release it from the springform, place it on a container/bowl narrower than the cake and start pouring the dark glaze in a circular motion from the center to the edges.
15. Then pour 3 tablespoons of orange glaze on one side of the cake and with a spatula wipe over once with a fluid motion and you will get this look. On the other side of the cake with a spoon, drizzle orange and yellow glaze stripes.
16. Allow the excess to drain, remove the excess glaze and refrigerate for another 2 hours.
The Tropical Secret for Healthy Weight Loss
Chocolate Orange Ginger Cake Decoration and Serving:
Take the cheesecake out of the fridge, and decorate it with chocolate truffles (check out my homemade chocolate truffles recipe), coconut flakes (colored orange), chopped dark chocolate, orange slices, orange zest, twisted orange peel, and orange jelly, but first of all, I decorated it with this wonderful vegan dark & orange chocolate flower (I’m preparing for the near future an article on how to make chocolate decorations, so stay tuned).
Here’s a section on this vegan, no-bake, sugar-free mirror glaze orange chocolate cake.
A delicious mirror glaze no-bake, vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free cake in which I combined the fragrant aroma of orange with the intense chocolate. The outcome? A delight!
I can’t explain in words the taste of this chocolate and orange cake, with a fine and rich texture, it’s phenomenal. but please, don’t take my word for it 😊)), and try to do it yourself, then please leave your comments in the comments section.
You could rightly ask, well, how does avocado with cocoa work? Believe me, it works perfectly, it is very light, then comes the slightly sour taste of the orange filling and at the end, the fine mirror glaze perfectly complements it.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my vegan chocolate, orange jelly, ginger cake?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- Autumn Scented Recipe: Cheesecake with Pears and Ginger
- No-Bake Sugar-Free 3 Layers Chocolate Sour Cherry Cheesecake Dessert
- No-Bake Sugar-Free Creamy Gradient Matcha White Chocolate Mirror Glaze Cheesecake
- Refreshing No-Bake, Sugar-Free, Peach Wild Blueberry Lime Jelly Cheesecake
- Fabulous No-bake Sugar-Free Low-Carb Double Blackberry and Red Currant Jelly Cheesecake
- The Most Fragrant No-Bake Sugar-Free Blueberry Jelly and Lemon Curd Cheesecake
- Autumn Flavor Madness – Sea Buckthorn Blueberry Walnuts Cheesecake (No-Bake, Sugar-Free Recipe)