Summer is the perfect time to try out no-bake recipes, because what could be more refreshing than a dessert that doesn’t require turning on your oven in the blistering heat? This fabulous recipe can be made with various fruits (I’ve used blackberries and red currants), and it’s sure to be popular at any gathering.
This is a delicious no-bake cheesecake that is low in carbs and has no added sugar, and the result is a wonderfully creamy and fruity cheesecake with a hint of tartness.
This cake has a vibrant colour that simply shouts out loud: Summer! This no-bake dessert consists of an Oreo biscuit base, a blackberry filling, and a double tender blackberry and redcurrant jelly.
It has a very fresh taste and an incredibly airy texture. The fineness of the blackberry cream offers a wonderful contrast to the slightly astringent taste of the red currant jelly, and the Oreo biscuit base perfectly binds the entire composition.
If you are looking for a refreshing summer dessert, and as a bonus, fabulous in appearance, this no-bake, sugar-free, low-carb dessert with double blackberry and red currant jelly will surely not disappoint you.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious no-bake, sugar-free, low-carbs cheesecake, let’s see some information and benefits of the 2 main ingredients:
In the hot summer days, among the fruits that make waves are the blackberries that, fortunately, we find in trade even during the cold season. After eating blackberries, your body will thank you, and this is due to the benefits and impressive nutritional values that these delicious fruits contain.
Blackberries are berries that are spread all over the world and grow in abundance. Basically, from these fruits, we are allowed to eat everything: leaves, buds, fruits, and, to a lesser extent, even the root.
This is why the consumption of blackberries is extremely beneficial for the body and why we should take advantage of them as much as possible. Extremely good in taste, these small fruits are rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, C, E, minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, copper, and calcium, but also folic acid.
12 Benefits of Blackberries
Here are some reasons to try to eat blackberries, whether you choose them fresh or frozen:
• They are high in fiber
• They are rich in Vitamin C.
• Blackberries support bone health
• Controls blood sugar
• Protects the brain
• They have a strong antioxidant effect
• Strengthen the immune system
• Blackberries detoxify the liver
• Fight constipation
• Accelerates wound healing
• Protects the eyes
• Blackberries prevent anemia.
Red currants are a rich source of vitamins and minerals, are considered a truly natural remedy. The wonderful red currants strengthen the immune system and bring many benefits to the body.
With a rather sour taste, These berriescan be eaten raw, in their natural state, or can be prepared in various recipes, sauces, jams, or desserts.
They are rich in nutrients, strongly anti-inflammatory, and have many benefits for the body. Currants are low in calories and fat and that is why they are recommended in diets.
Nutritional information about red currants:
8 Benefits of Red Currants:
• They are revitalizing, due to the richness of vitamins and mineral salts in the composition
• Relieves stress
• Sharp memory
• Improve visual acuity
• Red currants help maintain blood sugar levels at normal levels, preventing diabetes
• Astringent, red currants are equally useful in diarrhea and dysentery
• Reduce sensitivity to respiratory and intestinal infections, thanks to its anti-inflammatory virtues
• Red currants remove sore throats.
Prep Time: 20-minutes
Cooking Time: 30-minutes
Chilling Time: 4-12 hours
Total Time: 4h 50 minutes
• 400 g Oreo biscuits (without cream)
• 150 g unsalted butter
Ingredients for the filling:
• 500 g cream cheese
• 500 ml unsweetened heavy cream
• 1 cup of fresh blackberries (or frozen if they are out of season)
• 3 tbsp Stevia sweetener
• 1 sachet of gelatin – 10 g
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp lemon juice.
Ingredients for blackberry jelly:
• 450 g fresh (or frozen) blackberries
• 5 g gelatin
• 1 tsp Stevia sweetener.
• 1 tsp lemon juice.
Ingredients for red currant jelly:
• 400 g currants
• 5 g gelatin
• 2 tbsp Stevia sweetener.
Make The Crust:
1. Remove the cream, then crush the Oreo biscuits.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. In a bowl add the crushed biscuits and melted butter, and mix until the composition is homogeneous,
4. Place the composition thus obtained in a lined 26 cm springform pan, press, and place in the freezer until the cream is ready.
Make The Blackberry Jelly:
5. 1 gelatin (5 g) is left to hydrate in 50 ml of water for 5-10 minutes.
6. Wash the blackberries, squeeze well, then put in a saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of stevia and 1 tbsp lemon juice and simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly.
7. After it thickens, take the blackberries off the heat, leave to cool for a few minutes, Put 150 ml aside for the cream (100 ml for the cream in bowl 1, 50 ml for the cream in bowl 2). Add the bloomed gelatin, then blend and pass through a fine sieve to remove the seeds.
Make The Filling:
8. 1 gelatin (10 g) is left to hydrate in 50 ml of water for 5-10 minutes.
9. In a bowl add the heavy cream and stevia and mix for 3 minutes until peaks form.
10. Add the cream cheese and hydrated gelatin, and mix for 1 minute until it reaches a creamy consistency, finally add the vanilla essence and lemon juice.
11. Divide the cream evenly into 2 bowls. In a bowl now add 70 ml (of the 100ml) of blackberry puree set aside, mix lightly with a wooden spoon/spatula until completely incorporated, in the other half add 1 cup of fresh blackberries (or frozen if you cook it in the off-season).
12. Pour half of the blackberry puree cream over the biscuit base and level with a spatula, cover the composition with cling film, and place in the freezer for an hour to harden the cream.
13. Remove the cake from the freezer, pour the blackberry jelly, cover the composition with cling film, and place it in the freezer for 1 hour to harden.
14. Remove the cake from the freezer, pour the rest of the cream with blackberry fruits over the blackberry jelly, smooth the top with a spatula, then pour in circular motions the remaining 30 ml of blackberry puree and with the head of a teaspoon form swirls, cover the composition with cling film, and put it in the freezer for an hour to harden the cream.
Make The Red Currant Jelly:
15. 1 gelatin (5g) is left to hydrate in 50 ml of water for 5 minutes.
16. Put the currants, stevia, and lemon juice in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until it starts to boil. Remove from the heat, leave to cool for a few minutes, add the bloomed gelatin, blend and pass through a fine sieve after which it is left to cool until it reaches room temperature.
17. Remove it from the freezer, pour the red currant jelly, cover the composition with cling film, and place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or better overnight.
Decorating the cake:
When ready to serve, run a sharp knife around the edge of the springform pan and release the sides. Place it on a cake stand and garnish with biscuit crumbs, coconut flakes, blackberries, blueberries, and red currants.
The aroma of blackberries is intense and pleasant and the red currant jelly on top is sweet and sour. In essence, a delicious cheesecake came out, very simple to prepare, delicious, and fabulous in appearance, don’t you agree? 😊
The cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
This is a low-carb, sugar-free dessert that is perfect for summer. It’s also easy to make and it’s a great way to use up fresh berries.
I love the combination of blackberries and red currants, so I decided to use both in this recipe. They go well together and they look great too!
If you don’t like red currants or don’t have any available then feel free to leave them out or replace them with another type of berries such as blueberries or raspberries instead.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Delicious chocolate and almonds muffins (without flour)
- Delicious biscuits with coconut flakes and grated apples
- Vegan gluten-free almond snack bars with dates filling
- Flavored Pumpkin Tart, with Cashews, Almonds, Agave Syrup, Nutmeg, and Cardamom – Vegan Recipe
- Autumn Scented Recipe: Cheesecake with Pears and Ginger
- No-Bake Sugar-Free Delicious Homemade Chocolate Sour Cherries Balls Recipe