Sea buckthorn is recognized everywhere for its medicinal properties and many vitamins it contains. But its specific taste is a real challenge, especially for children.
Therefore, in the idea of convincing even the most demanding people to eat sea buckthorn from a culinary point of view, in this article, I thought of offering you a spectacular recipe, very healthy, full of antioxidants, easy to prepare, and easier to enjoy, an autumn flavor madness: no-bake, sugar-free sea buckthorn, blueberry, and walnuts cheesecake, which will drive your taste buds crazy 😊.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious no-bake, sugar-free cheesecake, let’s see some information and benefits of the main ingredients: Sea Buckthorn and Blueberries.
It has been known since ancient times for its many health benefits.
It is a natural remedy for a multitude of ailments of the body, both internal and external.
It is consumed as such, or in the form of tea, syrup, tincture, powder, oil, or bud extract, all of which can be bought or prepared even in your kitchen.
What nutrients does sea buckthorn contain?
These fruits are very rich in vitamin C, twice as rich as rose hips, and 10 times as much as citrus fruits.
Fruits also contain vitamin A, vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B6, B9), vitamins E, K, P, beta carotene – in higher concentrations than found in carrots, minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, iron, sodium, polyunsaturated fatty acids, complex oils from which sea buckthorn oil is obtained, volatile oils, flavonoids, amino acids, and enzymes.
• Vitaminizing effect.
• Immunostimulatory effect
• Depurative effect.
• Antioxidant effect.
• Anti-inflammatory effect.
• Healing effect.
• Emollient effect.
• Cytoprotective effect.
Blueberries fill the markets during the summer, in two variants: wild and culture. The wild ones are smaller, darker in color, a little sourer, and more fragrant. The cultivated ones are bigger, with a lighter color, towards purple, and with a less intense aroma.
Whatever you choose, you can enjoy the same benefits, provided by the blueberries. Outside of the warm season, you can also opt for frozen blueberries, which retain about 90% of the nutrients.
The nutritional value of blueberries
Blueberries are among the healthiest fruits due to their high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They help prevent and treat infections and fight free radical damage.
Blueberries are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, manganese, copper, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium. They are also rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamin complex, being an important source of antioxidants.
Consuming blueberries as a snack between meals or even at breakfast helps you maintain a high level of energy, satiety, and even satisfaction because they are tasty.
11 Benefits of Blueberries:
• Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fruits
• Blueberries neutralize free radicals that can promote disease in the body
• Strengthen the immune system
• Reduce blood pressure
• Blueberries help reduce fat in the abdomen
• Helps maintain healthy urinary tract
• Preserve the integrity of vision
• Blueberries maintain brain health
• Blueberries reduce the risk of developing heart disease
• Helps improve constipation and digestion
• Blueberries fight cancer.
• 400 g Oreo
• 50 g ground roasted walnuts
• 120 g unsalted butter
• 2 tbsp raw cacao.
Ingredients for the filling:
• 500 g cream cheese
• 500 ml unsweetened whipped cream (32%)
• ½ cup of blueberries
• 50 g of Stevia /sweetener
• 20 g of gelatin
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 tsp of vanilla essence
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• A knife tip of organic yellow food coloring.
Ingredients for blueberry puree:
• 300 g wild blueberry
• 1 tbsp lemon juice.
Ingredients for Sea Buckthorn Puree / Jelly:
• 500 g Sea Buckthorn
• 7 g of gelatin
• 4 tsp Stevia sweetener.
• Sea Buckthorn
• Coarsely crushed walnuts
• Oreo crumbs
• Oreo biscuits
• Coconut flakes.
Click for Your 8 Week Custom Keto Meal Plan for Effective and Healthy Weight Loss
Make the crust:
1. Remove the cream from the Oreo, then crush the biscuits. Crush the walnuts and roast for 2-3 minutes in the oven.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
3. In a bowl add the crumbles, roasted walnuts, raw cocoa, and melted butter, and mix until smooth.
4. Place the composition thus obtained in a 26 cm springform pan, press, and place in the fridge until the filling is ready.
Make the sea buckthorn puree/jelly:
5. 1 gelatin (7 g) is left to hydrate in 50 ml of water for 5-10 minutes.
6. Wash 500 g of Sea Buckthorn, add the Stevia sweetener, and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
7. After it thickens, take the Sea Buckthorn off the heat, leave it to cool for a few minutes (set aside 120 g puree), and to the rest of the composition add the bloomed gelatin, go through a sieve, and leave to cool until it reaches room temperature.
Make the blueberry puree:
8. Wash the blueberries well, then put them in a saucepan, add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
9. After it thickens, take the blueberries puree from the heat, leave it to cool for a few minutes, then blend it, and leave it to cool until it reaches room temperature.
Make the filling:
10. The gelatin is left to hydrate in 50 ml of water for 5-10 minutes.
11. In a bowl add the heavy cream and Stevia sweetener, and mix until creamy.
12. Add the cream cheese and hydrated gelatin, and mix for 1 minute until it reaches a creamy consistency, finally add salt, lemon juice, and vanilla essence.
13. Divide the cream into 2 bowls, in equal parts, now add the sea buckthorn puree (set aside) in half of the cream, add also the yellow food coloring, and mix lightly with a wooden spoon/spatula until completely incorporated. In the 2nd bowl add the blueberry puree, add ½ cup of blueberries, and mix with a spatula until perfectly incorporated.
14. Pour half of the cream (the one with the sea buckthorn puree) over the biscuit base and level with a spatula, cover the composition with cling film, and put it in the freezer for an hour to harden the cream.
15. Take it out of the freezer, pour the rest of the blueberries cream, and level with a spatula, cover the composition with cling film, and put it in the freezer for an hour to harden the cream.
16. Take it out of the fridge, pour the sea buckthorn jelly, cover the composition with cling film, and put it in the fridge for at least 6 hours, or better overnight.
17. Decorate the cake with sea buckthorn, blueberries, coarsely crushed walnuts, Oreo crumbs, Oreo biscuits, raspberries.
Here’s a section on this no-bake, sugar-free delicious dessert
The 2-Minute Morning Ritual That Helps Boost Metabolism and Keeps You Slim Naturally
The aroma of sea buckthorns and blueberries is intense and pleasant and the jelly of sea buckthorns above is sweet-sour. In essence, a cheesecake came out very simple to prepare, delicious, and fabulous in appearance.
This refreshing no-bake, sugar-free cheesecake has a fine texture and will surely be to everyone’s liking, you can serve it as a family and at a more sophisticated table, I guarantee it will cope successfully 😊.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
You may also like:
- Autumn Scented Recipe: Cheesecake with Pears and Ginger
- No-Bake Sugar-Free 3 Layers Chocolate Sour Cherry Cheesecake Dessert
- No-Bake Sugar-Free Creamy Gradient Matcha White Chocolate Mirror Glaze Cheesecake
- Fabulous No-bake Sugar-Free Low-Carb Double Blackberry and Red Currant Jelly Cheesecake
- Flavored Pumpkin Tart, with Cashews, Almonds, Agave Syrup, Nutmeg, and Cardamom – Vegan Recipe