Free of animal fats and rich in nutrients, vegetable milk is the best alternative, which can replace animal milk. Also, vegetable milk does not contain lactose, saturated fats, or cholesterol.
Almond milk is the tastiest alternative to cow milk and is an option for people who are allergic to soy and soy milk, respectively. It is rich in a lot of essential nutrients for the body – magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, fiber, phosphorus, vitamin E, etc.
It is a natural antioxidant that can prevent cancer and slow down the aging process.
It contains even more antioxidants than cow milk. It mimics very well the density and color of cow milk and contains protein, vitamins, and minerals.
It has a low glycemic index and contains, of all types of vegetable milk, the fewest calories. Almond milk can be easily obtained in your kitchen or supermarkets and organic stores.
If you have decided for various reasons not to eat dairy products, almond milk will become a rule in your kitchen.
It is very versatile and can be drunk as such or sweetened, turned into yogurt, fermented salad dressing, raw pudding, a base for smoothies or soups, in various raw desserts.
8 Benefits of Almond Milk:
• Low caloric content
• Almond milk does not increase blood sugar levels
• Almond milk with an enriched formula supports the health of the skeletal system
• Almond milk can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
• Almond milk is easy to digest and recommended for those who are lactose intolerant.
• Almond milk contains fibers that will protect your intestinal walls.
• Many people who suffer from gastritis or other gastrointestinal disorders add almond milk to their daily diet to regulate bowel function.
• The vitamin B content of almond milk will strengthen your nails and hair and will help your skin look more hydrated.
Like any vegetable milk, almond milk is easy to obtain at home. Here is how to make a homemade raw vegan almond milk recipe.
• Large diameter strainer
• Glass or ceramic vessel
My Recommended Kitchen Appliances:
- My Recommended Professional Grade Countertop Blender, Juicer, Smoothie or Nut Butter Maker, Precision Smart Touch Variable Speed
- Cuisinart: An Excellent, Powerful Stand Mixer
- Give It A Try to This Easy to Use, Programmable Slow Cooker
- Give It A Try to This 12-Cup Stack & Snap Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
Prep Time: 7 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 500 ml
• 1 cup of raw almonds (200 g) hydrated overnight and peeled)
• 600 ml of water
• 4 hydrated dates
• ½ teaspoon of almond essence
1. Leave the almonds to hydrate overnight, or at least 6-8 hours. By hydration we eliminate the inhibitory agents and release the enzymes, thus obtaining more nutrients.
2. Leave the dates to hydrate for 30 minutes.
3. After hydration, wash and peel.
4. Mix in a blender for 1-2 minutes, until smooth.
5. Strain the milk through a strainer covered with gauze, and after all the milk has drained, lift the gauze, and squeeze the milk left in the almond pulp well.
6. Almond kernel is not thrown away, it is dried, thus obtaining almond flour and can be used for vegan sweets, biscuits, raw cake, etc.
7. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
8. It can be consumed cold, or heated as such, or with cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla.
Optionally, you can add to taste, 1-2 teaspoons of sweetener (stevia, honey, agave syrup, maple). I like without.
Almond milk can have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. At the same time, it is interesting that, while the almonds consumed as such are high in calories, the milk obtained from them has very few calories, an essential aspect for people who need a special diet to stay fit.
Almond milk is also very tasty with figs, honey, and cinnamon or you can put chicory and carob powder in it, a perfect alternative to coffee with milk.
An advantage of almond milk is that it has a white color and a consistency similar to cow milk. You can combine it with cereals, and you can put it in coffee, or you can simply drink it, but you can also use it as an ingredient to prepare more delicious dishes.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- 10 healthy food habits for a healthy lifestyle
- The 9 gold rules for correct digestion
- Top 23 Most Popular Vegan Protein Sources for a Healthy Plant-Based Diet
- Superfoods – The Complete Guide: What Are They? Benefits, Importance, Types, Use, Recipes
- How to Make the Perfect Smoothie – My Complete Guide + 16 Recipes