Although smoothies are dishes that have a special color, due to the combination of fruits used, it is advisable to focus on greens when you want to serve such a drink.
The green smoothie is one of the most nutritious, ideal for those who do a lot of sports or for people who want to eliminate toxins from the body.
Today, I propose a healthy combination: a green smoothie with parsley, green apple, kiwi, and mint that will energize and detoxify your body.
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about 3 of the main ingredients of this detox green smoothie, namely: parsley, kiwi, and green apple, and all the sources of nutrients it offers.
Parsley is one of the most popular culinary herbs, which grows and is consumed throughout the year and has a lot of nutritional qualities.
Parsley is an important source of protein, minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, but also volatile oil, lipids, and flavonoids.
It contains more vitamin C than certain citrus fruits such as lemon or orange but is also rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, K, and E.
The benefits of parsley:
• Vasodilator effect
• Relaxes smooth intestinal muscle fibers
• Strengthens the immune system
• Stimulates the activity of the gallbladder
• Neutralizes the effects of alcohol or tobacco poisoning
• Antitumor effect.
Despite its “hairy” appearance that is not very appetizing, kiwi fruit has countless benefits for your health.
Compared to other fruits, kiwi fruit contains the highest concentration of Vitamin C. Single kiwi fruit can provide up to 95% of the body’s daily requirement of vitamin C.
Kiwi fruit is rich in vitamins, flavonoids, and minerals, and the antioxidants it contains fight against the process of cellular oxidation produced by cigarette smoke, pollution, or slow metabolism.
What does a kiwi fruit contain?
Vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, flavonoids, potassium (as much as a banana), vitamin E, beta-carotene, fiber; Magnesium; Copper; Phosphorus.
The benefits of kiwi:
• May help treat asthma
• Slows down the aging process and fights stress and depression.
• Decreases blood pressure.
• Contributes to blood flow and helps prevent heart attacks.
• Kiwi protects you from colds and flu
• Kiwi contains enzymes and fibers that stimulate the absorption of nutrients and cleanse the intestines of toxins.
• Kiwi is very suitable for diets.
• Improves digestion.
• Kiwi contains vitamin C which helps the immune system fight infections.
• Reduces the risk of colon cancer.
• Protects the cardiovascular system, due to the content of carbohydrates, potassium, and vitamin C.
Surely you’ve heard the saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. All types of apples are healthy, but green ones are distinguished by a rich content of protein, vitamins, minerals (calcium, magnesium, iodine, phosphorus, and potassium), and fiber.
They should be eaten whole, unpeeled, but well washed.
Green apples fight digestive disorders, have a good low cholesterol level, regulate blood sugar and stimulate the appetite. Consumed daily on an empty stomach, these fruits help you keep track of your vital signs.
Green apple benefits:
In addition to combining the sweet taste with the sour one, green apples have many incredible health benefits.
Here are 9 reasons why a green apple a day keeps the doctor away:
• Green apples are high in fiber
• Green apples are one of the main sources of antioxidants
• They are rich in minerals
• Do you want to lose weight? Include green apples in your diet
• Green apples prevent premature aging
• Prevent diabetes
• Accelerates metabolism
• Reduce inflammation
• Stimulates blood clotting
Ingredients for The Best Ever Detoxifying Parsley, Green Apple, Kiwi, and Mint Green Smoothie:
• 1 bunch of parsley
• 5-6 spinach leaves
• A few Arugula leaves
• 1 orange
• 1 green apple
• 1 kiwi
• 4-5 mint leaves
• 2 cups of water
Instructions for The Best Ever Detoxifying Parsley, Green Apple, Kiwi, and Mint Green Smoothie:
1. Peel the orange, green apple, and kiwi and slice them.
2. The parsley, spinach, arugula, and mint leaves are mixed with the liquid. Only then add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Mix at high speed until smooth. Mixing time depends on the power of your blender (use a quality one like THIS ONE).
4. A fine and creamy mixture came out. Put in a tall glass and garnish with a slice of orange, or kiwi. You can also use a mint leaf.
Good to know:
• Do not add sugar. The recipes contain fruit, which is sweet.
• Keep in mind that you have included fruit in your drink and adjust your diet for the rest of the day so that you do not overdo it.
• Slowly chew each mouthful of smoothie before swallowing.
To take full advantage of the nutritional and healing properties of smoothies, consume them immediately after preparation, within 15 minutes.
It is important to have the right ingredients, but without a suitable blender, the whole preparation process can be easily compromised.
A smoothie can be easily prepared with a blender or a food processor. These appliances are easy to use and ideal for preparing smoothies.
Also, you can use them for cream soups, milkshakes, grinding food, preparing garnishes or baby purees.
My recommended SMOOTHIE APPLIANCES:
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- How to Make a Perfect Green Smoothie – The 5 Rules to Follow
- Wild Blueberry, Avocado, Chlorella Detox Green Smoothie
- The Perfect Energizing and Detoxifying Green Smoothie Recipe: Broccoli, Spinach, Kiwi, Apple Cider Vinegar
- Top 5 detox smoothie recipes for rapid weight loss
- 3 green smoothie ideas for detoxifying and energizing