The immune system is the body’s natural defense against infection and disease. It protects us from all manner of invaders, from bacteria and viruses that cause ear infections and colds to fungal infections and even cancer. There are many components to the immune system, including the lymph nodes, tonsils, spleen, bone marrow, and white blood cells like the T-cells and B-cells (among others).
The weather has cooled considerably so it’s time to get immune for the winter. And that’s because we prefer to be in top shape and enjoy life, not to stay in bed with fever and medication, right?
So, prepare this healthy sea buckthorn and blueberries smoothie, the most effective and delicious ‘vaccine’ you have ever tried, without toxins and additives, and on top of that, it has no side effects but energizes you.
This drink can replace a snack between meals or even be eaten as a breakfast, depending on your goals.
This delicious blueberry and sea buckthorn beverage is sugar-free, is low-carb due to berries, is very healthy, and due to the multitude of nutrients in blueberries and sea buckthorn will help strengthen your immune system for the cold season, if it is consumed regularly, and will fill you with energy.
At the same time, if consumed at breakfast it will provide energy gradually in the first part of the day and can easily replace the need for coffee.
Before presenting the ingredients and how to prepare this delicious no-bake, sugar-free beverage, let’s see some information and benefits of the main ingredients: Sea Buckthorn and Blueberries.
Sea buckthorn has been known since ancient times for its many health benefits.
It is a natural remedy for a multitude of ailments of the body, both internal and external.
It is consumed as such, or in the form of tea, syrup, tincture, powder, oil, or bud extract, all of which can be bought or prepared even in your kitchen.
What nutrients does sea buckthorn contain?
Sea buckthorn fruits are very rich in vitamin C, twice as rich as rose hips, and 10 times as much as citrus fruits.
Fruits also contain vitamin A, vitamin B complex (B1, B2, B6, B9), vitamins E, K, P, beta carotene – in higher concentrations than found in carrots, minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, iron, sodium, polyunsaturated fatty acids, complex oils from which sea buckthorn oil is obtained, volatile oils, flavonoids, amino acids, and enzymes.
8 Benefits of Sea Buckthorn:
• Vitaminizing effect.
• Immunostimulatory effect
• Depurative effect.
• Antioxidant effect.
• Anti-inflammatory effect.
• Healing effect.
• Emollient effect.
• Cytoprotective effect.
- Sea Buckthorn – The Miraculous Fruits That Bring Health: Overview, Nutrition Facts, 8 Health Benefits, Treatable Diseases, Uses, Side Effects
Blueberries fill the markets during the summer, in two variants: wild and culture. The wild ones are smaller, darker in color, a little sourer, and more fragrant. The cultivated ones are bigger, with a lighter color, towards purple, and with a less intense aroma.
Whatever you choose, you can enjoy the same benefits, provided by the blueberries. Outside of the warm season, you can also opt for frozen blueberries, which retain about 90% of the nutrients.
The nutritional value of blueberries
Blueberries are among the healthiest fruits due to their high content of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They help prevent and treat infections and fight free radical damage.
Blueberries are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, manganese, copper, sulfur, phosphorus, zinc, and chromium. They are also rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and the B vitamin complex, being an important source of antioxidants.
Consuming blueberries as a snack between meals or even at breakfast helps you maintain a high level of energy, satiety, and even satisfaction because they are tasty.
11 Benefits of Blueberries:
• Blueberries have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fruits
• Blueberries neutralize free radicals that can promote disease in the body
• Strengthen the immunity
• Reduce blood pressure
• Blueberries help reduce fat in the abdomen
• Helps maintain healthy urinary tract
• Preserve the integrity of vision
• Blueberries maintain brain health
• Blueberries reduce the risk of developing heart disease
• Helps improve constipation and digestion
• Blueberries fight cancer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS for this blueberry and sea buckthorn beverage for boosting the Immune System:
• 150 g blueberries
• 150 g sea buckthorn
• 1 banana
• 100 ml coconut water
• 100 ml coconut milk (see here My Homemade Vegan Coconut Milk Recipe)
• 1 tbsp agave syrup / honey (optional)
• 1 tsp chia seeds
• 1 tsp hemp seeds
• 1 tsp flax seeds.
1. Wash the blueberries and the sea buckthorn.
2. Put the blueberries, chopped banana, and ½ cup of coconut water in a blender and mix.
3. Put the sea buckthorn. 1/2 cup of water, chia, hemp, and flax seeds, honey, and the coconut milk in a blender and mix, then strain through a fine sieve.
4. Pour the blueberry juice into a glass first, then pour the sea buckthorn juice.
The result: a delicious and healthy smoothie, full of vitamins and minerals that will energize and strengthen your immune system.
Blueberry and sea buckthorn smoothie topping:
It can be decorated with coarsely chopped almonds, blueberries, sea buckthorn
One of the ways we can strengthen our immunity is with the help of seasonal fruits, in this case, blueberries and sea buckthorn.
The easiest way to incorporate them into your diet is through a tasty drink full of vitamins that can be consumed at any time, both by children and adults.
Sea buckthorn is the best natural flu vaccine. It is rich in vitamin C (2x more than rosehip and 10x more than citrus). Sea buckthorn preparations are recommended in case of colds, respiratory viruses, gastric and liver diseases, gastric ulcers, etc.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
You may also like:
- Top 5 detox smoothie recipes for rapid weight loss
- 2 delicious and healthy smoothies for detoxifying the kidneys
- 3 green smoothie ideas for detoxifying and energizing
- Winter Flavors in A Glass: Delicious Spiced Pear and Walnuts Smoothie
- Immune Boosting and Delaying Premature Aging Winter Pomegranate, Beetroot, and Grapefruit Smoothie
- Winter Immune Boosting Super Delicious Cranberries Orange Smoothie
- Immune and Digestion Boosting Tangerine, Carrot, and Turmeric Winter Smoothie
- How to Make the Perfect Smoothie – My Complete Guide + 16 Recipes