With the arrival of spring, greens began to appear in the markets (lettuce, spinach, wild garlic, orach, nettle, stevia would be some of them).
Unfortunately, I have noticed that many people pass by and ignore them, either because they don’t know how to include them in their diet, or because of their taste, not knowing what extraordinary benefits hide these simple greens for our health.
Spring is here and it’s time for the annual spring detox. I don’t usually do a full-body detox, but I do like to eat lighter meals that are packed with nutrients.
I don’t believe in crazy detox diets that are only drinking juices for a week. I believe in eating real, wholesome foods (as much organic as possible) and drinking smoothies that have lots of veggies and fruit in them.
This green smoothie is loaded with some of the best foods you can eat, like arugula, spinach, berries, and coconut oil, and is one of those delicious refreshing ones that also get rid of toxins and make you feel good!
So today I thought I would share with you simple and very tasty arugula, spinach, berries, and coconut oil green smoothie recipe, excellent for keeping spring asthenia at bay, for having overflowing energy, and finally detoxifying your body.
16 Benefits of Green Smoothies:
The best way to prevent cancer is to eat a green smoothie every morning. A green smoothie is a blend of fruits with greens.
Greens are leafy vegetables that are very high in nutrients and low in calories. They have lots of phytochemicals, chlorophyll, minerals, and vitamins that help prevent cancer.
Greens also contain antioxidants and enzymes that cleanse the blood, detoxify the liver, and alkalize the body.
The best greens are spinach, lettuce, and watercress because they are easy to digest and absorb. These greens can be added to your favorite fruit smoothie, or you can make a separate one with them.
When made properly, this drink taste delicious and they’re very good for you.
I love to share my passion for smoothies with everyone around me because I know its benefits and I have experienced them myself. It is almost a daily ritual for me to drink a green smoothie in the spring as it keeps me looking fresh, alert, and healthy.
The drink is typically consumed for breakfast due to the high amount of nutrients it contains. By not having to chew and digest solid food, your body does not have to work as hard. This allows you to quickly get energy from the food and puts less strain on your digestive system.
• Detoxifies the liver
• Restores neurons
• Balances the body’s pH
• Normalizes blood sugar levels
• It is a stimulator of the immune system
• Attenuates acne and makes skin beautiful
• It is a stimulator of metabolism
• Helps people suffering from insomnia
• Helps with weight loss
• It is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals
• Improves vision
• He is a strong fighter against cancer
• It is a powerful detoxifier
• It is a cure for constipated people and those with irritable bowel syndrome
• Regulates intestinal transit
• It is a powerful energizer
Before presenting the recipe, let’s see some information about 3 of the main ingredients of this energizing smoothie, namely: arugula, spinach, berries, and all the sources of nutrients it offers.
Arugula is a food rich in nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, and low in sugar, calories, carbohydrates, and fats.
From the moment I heard about it, arugula was one of my favorite greens. This is partly because I think the word arugula is fun to say. Also when you eat arugula, you look like a sophisticated person who knows a lot about food. You can’t fake that.
The reason I’ve always loved arugula is that when I first tasted it many years ago, it was new and different to me. It was just so much more flavorful than anything else in its category. And I thought that must be how other people felt about other foods they were passionate about.
What nutrients does arugula contain?
The composition of arugula contains minerals – calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, and several vitamins – B9 (folic acid), A, C, and K. Due to the nutrients it contains, arugula has an antioxidant role, preventing damage or destruction of the body cells.
The nutrients in the composition of arugula play essential roles in the body, preventing several diseases that can affect vision, heart, or bones. It is eaten raw, for salads, but also as a medicinal plant.
10 Arugula benefits:
• Arugula is considered a superfood that fights cancer
• Arugula is rich in chlorophyll
• Arugulaa ensures good hydration
• Arugula contributes to bone health
• Arugula reduces inflammation in the body
• Arugula cleanses and detoxifies the body
• Arugula protects the brain against cognitive decline
• Arugula helps to lose weight
• Arugula has an aphrodisiac effect
• Arugula protects eyesight
The Tropical Secret for Healthy Weight Loss
Spinach should be part of anyone’s diet because it can help alleviate many diseases. Spinach can be eaten raw, in salads, juices, or smoothies.
Spinach is an unassuming green that can be found everywhere from backyard gardens to the fresh produce section of your local grocery store. It’s a member of the goosefoot family that is closely related to beets and quinoa.
Spinach is believed to have originated in ancient Persia, but it was the Ancient Greeks and Romans who popularized its cultivation. In Greece, the green was consumed both fresh and cooked. In Rome, spinach was usually served cooked with vinegar and spices.
Spinach is widely known as a superfood. It’s packed with nutrients, including iron, vitamins A and C, and folate — which is why Popeye made it his go-to vegetable.
In 2014, researchers at Harvard Medical School found that women who ate 1 or 2 servings of dark leafy greens like spinach each day lowered their risk of developing breast cancer by 14%. One serving size is 1 cup raw or ½ cup cooked.
Another study linked a higher intake of foods rich in carotenoids — such as spinach, carrots, kale, and pumpkin — to a lower risk of ovarian cancer.
But we’re not done yet! Spinach has one more trick up its sleeve: The green veggie has been shown to slow age-related mental decline in older adults.
What nutrients does spinach contain?
The benefits of spinach are due to the multitude of nutrients it contains minerals, vitamins, pigments, and phytonutrients, including potassium, manganese, zinc, magnesium, iron, and calcium.
7 Benefits of spinach:
• Spinach improves eyesight
• Spinach balances blood pressure
• Strengthens muscles
• Spinach speeds up metabolism
• Beneficial for gastric disorders
• Contributes to fetal development
• Beneficial effects for hair and skin
Berries are an important part of the human diet. They are native to every continent on earth and can be found in many different climates.
The berries are tasty, fragrant, and have many nutritional benefits. In summer you can enjoy blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries, in spring, strawberries, and winter and autumn goji berries.
There are hundreds of different species of berries, but they all share certain characteristics:
1. Berries are small, usually less than two inches in diameter.
2. They come in a wide variety of colors, including reds, blues, blacks, purples, and yellows.
3. Berries are rich in antioxidants and nutrients such as Vitamin C and folic acid.
4. They tend to be sweet in flavor, although some varieties have tart flavors as well.
5. All berries grow on bushes or vines, except strawberries which grow on the ground in patches like grasses or herbs.
What nutrients do berries contain?
Berries contain high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin B, vitamin A, vitamin E, copper, selenium, zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, and many other vitamins and minerals needed by the body. All this helps to stimulate the immune system and prevent infections.
Thus, to protect yourself from certain diseases, such as colds, fevers, or various infectious diseases, all you have to do is eat as many berries as possible.
The antioxidants present in these fruits fight against free radicals, helping the body to stay strong and young for a long time.
9 Benefits of berries:
• Rich in antioxidants
• Helps regulate blood sugar
• Rich source of fiber
• Provides many nutrients
• Strong anti-inflammatory
• Cholesterol regulation
• Skin health and beauty
• Cancer prevention
• Heart health
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
· ½ cup of arugula
· 1 cup of spinach
· 1 banana
· 2/3 cup of berries (fresh or frozen)
· 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
· A pinch of sea salt
· Honey or stevia (optional)
· 1 cup of water
The Only Natural Formula that Helps Torching Off Fat from Your Problem Areas
1. Wash the arugula and the spinach.
2. Add all the ingredients into the blender and mix at high speed until smooth. Mixing time depends on the power of your blender (use a quality one like THIS ONE).
3. A fine and creamy mixture came out. Put in a tall glass and garnish with a few berries, coconut flakes, and a mint leaf.
Good to know:
• Do not add sugar. The recipes contain fruit, which is sweet.
• To take full advantage of the nutritional and healing properties of smoothies, consume them immediately after preparation, within 15 minutes.
• It is important to have the right ingredients, but without a suitable blender, the whole preparation process can be easily compromised.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our Disclaimer for more info.
What do you guys think about my article?
Leave your thoughts below in the comment section! And if you like it don’t forget to share it, and follow me on social media Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and Bloglovin’. Thank you!
Spring is the perfect time to detoxify and recharge your body. As you may know, toxins in the body are linked to many diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Removing these toxins will allow your body to function properly and give it an overall boost of energy.
If you’re looking for a natural way to detox and kick that sluggish feeling from the winter, this super simple arugula, berries, and coconut oil smoothie is for you!
It’s packed with antioxidants like vitamin C, vitamin A, and beta-carotene. It’s also got a good source of fiber, healthy fats, and protein which will keep you full all morning long!
You may also like:
- Top 5 detox smoothie recipes for rapid weight loss
- 2 delicious and healthy smoothies for detoxifying the kidneys
- 3 green smoothies ideas for detoxifying and energizing
- How to Make a Perfect Green Smoothie – The 5 Rules to Follow
- Quick Spring Detox – Nettles, Sorrel, and Cucumber Green Smoothie
- Quick Spring Detox: Kale, Parsley, and Celery Green Smoothie – Easy, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Vegan